*** Post your Adiol-G (3alpha-androstanediol glucuronide) blood test results

Consistently low Adiol G. The trend continues.

Hey Guys,
Iā€™m new to the board.I received my Adiol-G reading this morning.It is 3.4 ng/ml and the range is 2 to 19 ng/ml.Current meds is 100 mg of Test Cypionate weekly for past 8 years.I live in Canada and had to beg my doctor for this test.The blood was sent to the Mayo Clinic in MN.
You all can imagine how I feel right nowā€¦I will post my story soon.Hope to God that JN is onto something!!!

interesting

hows the wood/libido?

100 mg test is a standard trt protocol, no hcg?

Well I get wood during my sleep at about 60-70% erect.It quickly fades(within a couple of minutes as I am waking up)Absolutely no wood during the day (even from any stimulus).
No HCG or anti-estrogens whatsoever as my HPTA has been shut down for over 8 years from anabolic steroid use earlier in life.The TRT @ 100mg/wk was amazing for years until Fin came along 2 years agoā€¦
Hey Cumkwakka are u up for trying the Masteron cure that JN is having good luck with?Iā€™m currently looking to get some.What is your opinion on Proviron in my case?My SHBG is rock bottom(good thing),my e2 is mid-rangeā€¦Thx for any replies.

Guys, please take this discussion to another thread or PM each other, to keep this one ON TOPIC.

Thanks.

Please Guysā€¦get out there and get this test done!!!I donā€™t want to re-echo what has been said in this thread,not too long ago,but this is important.I would expect to see hundreds of test results on the opening post but there is hardly a dozen!!!
For any Canadians Iā€™d be happy to let u know where to have your blood sent in order to have it done. :slight_smile:

456 range 340-2200

Got a second Adiol G reading.

To recap, for my first reading I stayed off of clomiphene and all supplements for about 5 weeks. My testosterone dropped back to ~ 300 ng/dL, typical of where I have been post fin and prior to TRT or clomiphene. That first reading, reported on page 1 of this thread was 150 ng/dL (1.5 ng/ml).

One of my endos commented that higher T levels should raise Adiol-G as there would be more substrate for the 5AR enzyme to react upon.

For this second test I had been on ~ 75 mg/week clomiphene citrate for about 8 weeks (divided doses), and also on arginine based GH secretagogue nightly. Periodically feeling a little better although certainly not ā€œcuredā€ by any stretch (moderate, as opposed to strong sides). At the end of 8 weeks serum T was 600 ng/dL, Estradiol of around 32, and my Adiol-G was 240 mg/dL (2.4 ng/mL). This is still below Quests range, and 5 or so standard deviations below the averages reported in studies of normal men.

I should note that the assay method was ELISA, please indicate whether your readings are ELISA if using a non-Quest lab.

kazman

PS currently upping clomiphene a bit and using sublingual DHEA.

I donā€™t understand how 3-adiol G is still low with higher testosterone levelsā€¦Something is not right with usā€¦

My test. levels are around 700ā€¦havenā€™t gotten an updated 3-adiol G test yet, bu tit would make sense i suppose to see if 3-androstandiol Glucoride is suppressed tooā€¦

On the 24 Hour Analysis(before Clomid treatment)

Date: January 29

Androstanediol 152 Range(48-578)

3-ADIOL-G 183 ng/dll ref range 260 - 1500

after stopping HCG and crysin

T = 743
free T = 78.4
%free T = 1.05

Estridol = 51 ref range 13-54 pg / ml

I am currently off all Hormones except Thyroid and am cutting that in half as my throid improved.

Wonder if I couldnt just try Tamoxiflin or lots of crysin and lowere the E thus unbinding the T?

trying to feel good with the minimum amount of substances.

Recently added ZINC and this has hepled with testicular aches (i think)

BTW: it looks like my 183 might be the worst 3-ADIOL-G result so far. :frowning:

I am going to list a full history of symptoms and treatments I have tried (perhaps several posts on several forums and one master post with links to the results and treatmens an theories)

I hve also been scouring for treatments on this forum and will post my accumulated list of those as well.

I dont think crysin is working for you with that high estradiol. I also dont think its a very good anti E.

Perhaps try a proven anti E to know what you feel like with high testo and lower E2.

DIM definetly lowers my E2 it may however effect my dht aswell so im not convinced bout DIM either. Arimidex will be my next anti if i go back on testosterone again.

Gl

Digging through posts on googleā€¦Came across this post in 2007ā€¦The individual was on proscar for 3 years, and doenst understand why 3 adiol g is so lowā€¦

Iā€™ve also come across other posts where DHT is 2-3x over the normal range, but low 3-adiolg levels.

hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ā€¦ adid=74873

Guys,

I am a patient of dr. Crisler and I am getting him to test my adios g levels. I have seen posts about getting it tested on a 24 hr urine analysis but which labs do that? Quest does it but isnā€™t just a blood test? Is it ok to jut get a blood test? And if so what time of days should I get it?

Thanks.

GET THE BLOOD TESTā€¦YOU CANT TEST IT ON A 24 HOUR URINE ANALYSIS.

BLOOD TEST IS IMPORTANT!

You can get DHT metabolites tested in urine.
Adiol G is also DHT metabolites but it is the blood test form.
Either urine or blood DHT metabolites is fine.

JN

Finally got the results

This test is BEFORE my clomid treatment

3A-Androstanediol Glucuronide 448 Reference Range(260-1500) ng/dl

I intend on getting this result again later on in my treatment.

Looks like we have 18 results for this test on here postedā€¦Impressive guys, considering this is AFTER we stopped finasteride. In my case Iā€™ve been off the drug for almost 8 years and my 3-Adiol G still hasnt recovered.

Guys, please ask for this test, itā€™s a mustā€¦Very Important!

Wanted to add a recent reading I had during a re-baseline blood test just prior to adding a new medication and supplement. I printed a new low of around 100 (Reference Range(260-1500)) ng/dl despite ~ 75 mg/clomiphene per week raising my T to about 600 ng/dL (e.g. plenty of substrate). Also my estradiol had spiked to over 50, suggesting that if T can not convert down the 5AR2 pathway, it shunts to the aromatase pathway and makes more estradiol, rather than proceeding down 5AR1 to DHT. This happened after my new diet dropped body fat percentages quite low (fat = location for estradiol synthesis).

There is only one change I could think of that could account for this. Since last October, when I had read an abstract indicating that theobromine suppressed 5AR2 activity (study in identical twins), I have not touched the stuff. However, the week before the test I broke down and consumed about 6 ounces of high end (~ 80% dark) chocolate, over a period of several days prior to the draw.

All of this was concurrent with with a period of almost nonexistent libido, lowest I had felt since starting clomiphene treatment.

Hope this is of help to fellow sufferers.