Photographic evidence of facial changes (post your changes)

Yes absolutely my face has sunk in I used to have a firm manly face knew something was up when wedding photos came back didn’t connect it to finasteride at the time but knew sth weird was going on. I also had numerous people tell me I lost weight

All you guys with “fat loss” in your face should consider the probability that it is not fat you’ve lost but rather water retention. Propecia I think can disturb electrolyte balances in blood. In order for water to stick to your cells, proper electrolytes are needed. Try adding pink Himalayan salt to your food. It has these electrolytes you need.

@Beau1

i can tell its definitly fatloss, not water retention. Consider we also have bone loss of the outer layer of the jawbone and cheekbones. You can be sure.

1 Like

I think you should at least follow my suggestion. Try pink Himalayan salt in food. Water retention and fat kind of look similar on a persons face. “Bone loss” is probably just all the muscle around the bone being depleted of water

thats total nonsense, believe me. I know it sounds very weird and i definetly wouldnt have believed this was possible myself if i wasnt affected by it. It seems more plausable that were just hypochondriacs and mentally ill, i know. But actually i have lost bone and fat and probably also muscle in the face. now stop this nonsense salt theory.

1 Like

Unfortunately it isn’t.

We have members on here, one notably in his mid twenties, who have been diagnosed with osteoporosis after taking 5AR inhibitors. Bone loss, noticeably in the face, is also something I’ve experienced personally so I know how devastating it can be.

It sounds hard to believe I know. I denied it myself initially. It is, however, a very real and very serious symptom.

Then he likely had osteoporosis anyway

There isn’t just one patient; multiple users have had osteoporosis and osteopenia diagnosed after taking 5AR inhibitors. Type it into the search bar and see for yourself.

Osteoporosis is a typical symptom of hypogonadism. Considering that we are likely suffering from an alteration of androgenic signaling, it is plausible that some of us suffer from osteoporosis as a side effect from Finasteride.Many of us have been told whatever symptoms we experience are “just in our head” or “nocebo” etc. They are not. Androgen deprivation clearly has systemic and widespread consequences for this subset of patients here, including osteoporosis. You don’t have to agree, but please be more considerate when denying someone’s symptoms.

I hope you understand.

2 Likes

Not surprising, considering the sheer volume of propecia users and osteoporosis diagnoses that there might be some overlap. I proposed a very safe possible solution to the guy I was speaking with and you delete my comment

Chances are this is water retention problem. Put the right minerals back in your body so water balance is right. Pink Himalayan salt is my suggestion. It worked for me when my face got REALLY thin. You don’t even have the humility to try it? Whatever

The vast majority of osteoporosis cases occur in females over the age of 70 and it’s safe to say that the majority of finasteride users are males under the age of 50. There’s very little overlap there at all.

Would you mind creating a profile thread @Beau1 so as the guys here know a bit more about you. I say this only because your only presence here is on this thread where you have strongly advocated for the use of pink himalayan salt not long after joining without providing any accompanying back story with regards to what finds you here. Guys here are a bit leary of the promotion of specific therapies when there is no accompanying context, especially when you are both new and offer no humility yourself with regards to respecting other forum member’s experiences. Why should anyone give your salt suggestion the time of day when you are so dismissive of what others are saying and have no real idea of who you are. I’ve personally lost subcutaneous fat from my face and have also had some minor bone loss as shown in a dental x-ray. Finasteride’s reach is sadly widespread and destructive, otherwise none of us would be here debating condiments. I was going to make a joke about taking what you say with a pinch of salt but thought the better of it. Maybe your suggestion may be of benefit, but I’d be incredibly surprised if salt could help to regrow bone or replace lost subcutaneous fat. Apologies for the snark but it’s been one of those days.

3 Likes

Why should anyone give my salt suggestion time of day?

1. Because it is a proposed solution that is very safe, easy, affordable, simple with no down sides except perhaps a wasted trip to the grocery store

2. Because it worked for me when I had similar sallow look on my face after fin

3. My theory of lack of water retention is much more plausible and simple than yours.

4. That the body requires certain minerals for water to be retained normally is uncontroversial bio mechanics. Pink Himalayan salt has these minerals.

5. Finasteride disturbs hormones which disturbs other hormones that regulate the amount of these minerals in ones blood stream

I don’t claim to know it would help your personal case with any certainty. It’s a safe easy proposed possible solution

bone loss and fat loss in the face is not a theory. Were not asking ourselves what it might be, we are sure about it that it is bone and fatloss. sometimes you just know something is true because its really obvious.

1 Like

Bone loss, fat loss would appear similar as lack of water retention from the outside, and perhaps even on x ray. How can you be sure?

I can feel that my jawbone is smaller just by putting my hand on the side of my face , the hard part / bone is much smaller compared to before. the jaw length is at least 1 cm shorter I would estimate.

https://www.livescience.com/35332-face-bones-aging-110104.html

look at the scan in the link, you can see what kind of bone deterioration can happen. this is completly normal with age so why shouldnt it be possible with an illness…