Photographic evidence of facial changes (post your changes)

Good documentation. I wrote you a private message.

Your facial expressions are hilarious.

“How bad could it be?”

LMFAO.

Wow shocking pictures it actually looks like you have AIDS aka Kaposi’s sarcoma.

Finasteride seems to have caused an autoimmune reaction in your body.

I just remembered when I came off Finasteride 5 years ago my upper back was covered in acne but it didn’t spread to my face.

The acne outbreaks always coincided with an increase in libido. It seems my testosterone was constantly being shocked back to teenage levels, but my skin wasn’t elastic enough to handle the sebum so I ended open sores all over my face.

Also, the fact that I have to wait for all my posts to get approved really makes me not want to post here. I got a private message the other and I couldn’t even find a reply button.

4 months into use before (quit after 6 months use), 21 months into recovery after. The top picture is after and the bottom picture is before. I had shit for collagen, etc. and a very depleted skeleton in the before. Also a lot of body fat though it’s not as noticeable because of the bone loss.

1 Like

/

The after could serve as a proxy for the before, though I have not fully returned to genetic baseline as far as bone structure goes. Something useful to note is that the hair in itself is arranged the exact same way in both photos. It droops in the before because my forehead is so reduced. In the after it is situated much higher than the before, because my forehead and skull have filled back in significantly.

1 Like

holy cow, that’s insane

1 Like

Hi there Aletheia

I’m surprised that no one else has commented on your photos. The improvement in your face is quite substantial. Can I ask whether you’re following any protocol at all that has helped with this?

1 Like

Thanks Scotsman. To a certain degree I am passage of time recovery case. If I had done nothing for the past 21 months, I’d be better. My bones started to regrow immediately on quitting, for instance. My case was adrenal-based, which seems to be a variety of PFS that offers good potential for recovery. I’ve talked about some of my recovery in other threads but I’ll see if I can throw together a summation for this thread some time. I’ve done quite a bit diet, natural supplement, and exercise wise.

1 Like

Hi Aletheia,

Can I ask if you have had your growth hormone levels checked ?

The change in your face could be a sign of acromegaly.

It’s just me returning to genetic baseline bone wise. 18 months or so ago, when the same process was occurring, my IGF-1 was normal. My face will continue to change along these lines until genetic baseline is reached, I would guess 3-5 months. I have a very bossy forehead and just generally large/defined face, so this much protrusion isn’t abnormal. The bottom pic, the before in this scenario (when before is during or right after finasteride use and after is well into recovery), is highly abnormal.

1 Like

I have a genuine before finasteride use pic, which I will upload to my computer and then to here soon. It will be apparent from this pic that normal facial bone structure is larger, denser, more prominent, etc. than my current facial bone structure, much has it has improved (and it has grown a shitload, I was truly ruined around crash).

1 Like

Here’s August 2015, just prior to beginning use. So there is this, the pic 4-5 months later (bottom in the original post), and the pic 22 or so months after that (top in the original post), well into recovery. I discontinued fin March 2016. The lighting is worse in this picture, so you can’t see facial features as well, but it still goes towards what I am saying.

1 Like

I also wonder if having elevated or very high IGF-1 would not be normal for someone undergoing what I am undergoing, i.e. someone undergoing puberty, or something akin to it. IGF-1 is highest during teenage years for obvious reasons. In addition to bone regrowth, every tissue, tendon, etc. all over my body is changing. So a lot of it would be required.

1 Like

I had very high IGF-1 levels which was caused by a pituitary tumour.

The side effects caused by my tumour only happened after I came off Finasteride.

1 Like

So fin caused your tumor obviously. Very curious to see what the mechanisms by which all these things actually occur as a result of fin are. Just sends all hormone systems completely haywire.

I don’t think I had elevated IGF-1 during fin use. And again it wasn’t elevated July 2016, when my face was undergoing the same changes it is undergoing now. It is faster now but that’s because being much healthier I am in a better position to rebuild and heal.

1 Like

Yeah I have no doubt that fin caused my tumour.

My face/jaw actually got smaller which doesn’t make much sense when you have high IGF-1.

But my hands did get noticeable bigger while my feet stayed the same size.

1 Like

Hi, (sorry English is not my main language)
Can i ask you if you also lost weight or is just the drug that makes you skin more gaunt.
Your story sounds very similar to me.
Also got scratches in my face like a cat attacked me.
Dokter’s says it is not the finasteride but there are to many story’s about this problem.
Now i got a hair and a skin problem. Makes me so unhappy!
Dit you experienced some improvement already?
Daisy