Niacin B3 Vitamin

I’ve been taking Niacin every other day for the past week. The first two times i took was right after eating, I didn’t experience any flush and didn’t experience any effects. However, the third time I took it was on an empty stomach, and I had that flush. It really freaked me out at first! 15 minutes after popping the pill my ears turned bright red and started to burn, and then I noticed I was getting red in random patches on my chest. This went away after like a half hour. Other than that I didn’t notice any improvements, but then again this was only my first proper time taking it. I’m gonna keep taking this every other day on an empty stomach for a couple weeks see if I get any positive results!

@flamingpie:

Yes, you must take it on a empty stomach. for me 50mg are ok for a flush. I take them short before going to sleep.

jn.nutrition.org/content/132/8/2382S.full

The roles of nutrients in DNA methylation, especially in genome-wide methylation, have also been described. Zinc deficiency can reduce the utilization of methyl groups from S-adenosylmethionine (SAM) in rat liver and results in genomic DNA hypomethylation as well as histone hypomethylation (20,21). Dietary deficiency in selenium decreased genomic DNA methylation in Caco-2 cells and in the rat liver and colon (22,23). Vitamin C deficiency has been associated with DNA hypermethylation in lung cancer cells (24,25). Interestingly, niacin, precursor of NAD+, is required to maintain the unmethylated state of CpG dinucleotides by inhibiting the enzymatic DNA methylation (26,27), because it is necessary for the synthesis of poly-ADP–ribose polymerase-1, which converts histone H1 to poly-ADP–ribosylated forms. The poly-ADP–ribosylated forms of histone H1 are responsible for the enzymatic inhibition of DNA methylation (26,27).

Niacin also increases growth hormone.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_hormone

Just want to give a quick update. I am still experimenting with Niacin. I am still making a progress with it. At the beginning I was a little bit cautious but since I am used to the effect and I have the feeling this does something good I am using it more often and with a higher dosis. I am taking it almots every 2 days with dosage of up to 200mg (but not everytime). I noticed the more intense the flush the better it helps against my brainfog. In the state of an intense flush the brainfog is completly gone. My head feels like prefin. I fall to sleep easily but i wake up several times in the night - good thing is I get to sleep easily again and I can get up to 8 hours sleep in one night. This wasnt possible before the use of Niacin. I also have almost no problems after an ejaculation anymore - so this helps with the hormonal mess I am experiencing…

Lately I’ve been reading about 5-MTHF supplementation. I came across this site that talks about taking niacin if you have over-methylation symptoms. Interesting tidbit on niacin located at the bottom of the page.

mthfr.net/overmethylation-and-un … 012/06/27/

I ordered some 5-MTHF supplements and will be trying them soon.

Any updates by the Niacin guys?

I take 500 mg each day. I feel it helps clear my head a little maybe.

I am still making huge improvements. I think this is going to be my cure. I don´t feel 100% recovered yet but I´m pretty sure I am on my way to full recovery. I am so greatful to have found this and I cannot express in words what this does to me.

Since middle of September I take it every day and I experienced a further progress. Since October I take pretty high dosages because I take it every day and it needs a little more to experience the flush. Even the first days of October I feel an improvement. The way I take it is in the morning on an empty stomach or in the evening after fastening for 5 hours at least. The more intense the flush the better I feel. I am pretty sure that many could profit from Niacin if they took it the right way (at least in terms of mental sides). If you try it start slowly. Get used to the feeling of the flush…

I take 400-500mg a day and I dont want to exceed the 600 mg mark although it shall be no problem to take 2000mg a day.

I will update my progress here.

I did exactly the same thing for a short period last year and the effects were good. The flushes were very intense.

I highly doubt that Niacian supplements will cure you, but it’s great that you’re trying something and providing updates.

Good luck!

@bluecloud87 - if the effects were good - why did you stop?

When I compare my state before I took Niacin for the first time (May 2012) and now this is a huge success for me. This is a constant improvement - so I have to think this must lead to a full mental recovery. Before May 2012 I could have a few good days during a month but my overall state was pretty bad. In July I still could have some pretty bad days were I still could have suicidal thoughts. August was okay, had a few semi bad days. In September I cannot remember 1 bad day. And now I feel pre Fin for some days now… Maybe in some moments of a day I can feel the brainfog - but most of the day my head is total clear. This is not a tiny improvement when I compare it to the state of being in total brainfog and anxciety for 1 or 2 complete weeks. I have almost no physical sides anymore and these days I lose a lot of hair what sucks but I suppose it is also a sign of recovery…

Because there were other factors that could have caused the improvement and the effects wore off anyway.

When I first starting taking niacin a little over a month ago I was having a great reaction. I would take a 100mg pill like 4 hours after eating and I would immediately get that flush, and I would feel good for several days. I would take a niacin pill twice a week.

Now the effects have totally worn off with the 100mg pill. Even today I literally starved myself for like 6 hours before taking the pill, and I barely had any flush. Do you guys suggest that I bump the dose up to 200mg, or is that too much?

You don’t have any sexual side effects?

@flamingpie:
You have to find it out for yourself. I am not an expert but 200mg should be no problem at all. Because I benefit from Niacin that much and because the flush can be such a strong reaction I ordered a book by Abram Hoffer “the real story of Niacin”. He treated Patients with Niacin with Doses up to 6000 mg. He writes that he on his own took 3000mg on a daily basis. He writes about a girl who was so frustated about her schizophrenia that she took 60000mg daily without doing her any harm - I dont suggest that. In America it seems to be harder to get a 100mg Pill bottle than a 500mg pill bottle…
When I started taking Niacin I took it every two weeks. Everytime I took a higher dose or I took it more frequently I felt a further improvement. But you have to try it.

@bluecloud87:
I do have sexual sides. But for me it is far more important to have a clear head. For me this is the basis to live. Whole last year and the first half of this year I was a total mess. I was close to getting totally crazy. I wasnt able to be a good family member or a good friend or whatever. I could not enjoy anything. I always loved music, loved good movies or to read good books. I am playing guitar and wanted to make a living out of it. So what I want to say is, there is a lot beside sex that I could enjoy. This drug took everything away. I was an anxious wrack who tried to survive and was close to giving up…
I dont have ED and my dick is shrunken sometimes but sometimes it seems to look normal. This is not my main problem. What I was dealing with was that I experienced massive physical and mental problems the days after an orgasm. It seemed my body couldnt handle an sexual interaction anymore. My hormons seemed out of control. So Niacin helped me a lot with these problems. I am still not overdoing it though - maybe 1 time a week maybe every two weeks - so I am not were I was pre fin. But now I am just happy getting my old self back, being able to enjoy music and movies and just to feel good for no good reason. I dont need to say that sex is an important thing but I am 34 years old and this shouldnt be the centre of my life anymore - although I am also still too young to abstain from it completely. So right now I am just happy to feel human again…

So I ordered 100x 1g caps of Niacin (nicotonic acid, not niacinamide). WHOA, BABY! After the initial flush, which was IN-TENSE, I felt a lingering feeling of warmth, pep, and tingliness all day. Not the most effective intervention I’ve tried, but not entirely inert. I personally wouldn’t add this to my daily PFS stack, but would be open to trying it weekly (or at some intermittent interval) and seeing how it goes.

For what it’s worth, I agree that niacinamide (no-flush niacin) is worthless here.

Hey Pax,

if you really started with 1g (1000mg) that is way too much to start with. I took 100mg at the start and had an intense flush and was a little shocked too. But 1000 mg that must have been really intense…

@Joe78 you said that most of your physical symptoms have abated. What were your physical symptoms aside from sexual dysfunction. thanks

Hey Finatruth,

Last weekend I wrote a long post about the progress of all my symptoms in my member story.

Have been taking niacin maybe very 3rd day, 100 mg. I get the flush, almost my whole body turns red. But I dont sense lasting benefits, maybe it has to do with my problems being mostly sexual, but I do have severe anxiety at times. I’ll continue taking it for a few weeks and will report back. But as for now, after experimenting with it for ~2weeks, I dont see it curing me.