Niacin B3 Vitamin

it gives def. sensetivy back! for me its like that, I still have some times, when its totaly numb etc. but after Niacin its much better.

thats good to hear!

Vitamin B3 (niacin/nicotanimide) is a SIRT inhibitor. It basically does the opposite that resveratrol does.

mct.aacrjournals.org/content/9/4/844.short

SIRT affects androgens.

mcb.asm.org/content/26/21/8122.short

For those who get some worsening on resveratrol it would be a good idea to try this.

nice finding 19

Niacin uses to increase HDL (good cholesterol).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-density_lipoprotein

I didnā€™t personally check out the HDL levelā€™s of members in forum but awor reported that below:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3374&start=0

And my blood test results showed that i have also low HDL, high LDL (bad cholesterol).

HDL Cholesterol 30 mg/dL (40-60)
LDL Cholesterol 114 mg/dl (60-130)

used niacin tonightā€¦ man the flush was definitely something else! but very short lived and definitely not too bad. i was curious if you saw clear mental benefits after the first time or if you had to do it subsequent times to really see a difference?

i definitely feel different. it certainly calms you and iā€™m pretty convinced iā€™m gonna sleep WELL tonight. but in terms of brain fog, etcā€¦ did it take a while to glean benefits?

Thanks!

I dont have mental sides, just sometimes depressions.
so i cant say if it does anything to this, but for the felling on the dick it works! I think you need to test it for a while.

I am using it since May. I have more mental sides then physical. It improved my sleep. On a good night I manage to sleep up to 8-9 hours which is a major improvement for me. I have days where I have no brainfog at all. But I still have days where my brain is totally fogged. I even had days where I felt like totally recovered from all my symptoms. Now I have days where I am 100% my old self again and that of course is good. The only problem is I still can have the worst days ever. I have huge mood swings. One day is perfect the next can be the absolute hell and I cannot see a pattern.
So back to Niacin. Since I take it my good days are much better than before and I have more good days then before. My brainfog is getting better up to no brainfog at all for a whole day but it did not disappear. Sleep improved. So I get a lot of benefits from itā€¦

Yes, since iĀ“m taking it, my sensitivy is getting better and better. Thanks joe for this!

Im looking to try something new and so far Iā€™m liking the reactions Iā€™m reading here for Niacin.
Just a couple of quick questions before I go off and buy some. What is the recommended dosage for us, 50mg or 100mg? Also, are you guys taking it daily? And what is the preferred brand for all you niacin users?

i started with 300mg which i feel was too much. iā€™d recommend starting at a minimum of 100mg, no more than 200mg. i got 100mg pills and took two - felt like nothing was happening after ten mins, so i took another and thatā€™s when the flush started. my flush lasted like an hour which i think is because the amount i took. i do plan on trying it again in a couple days or so cuz i really do feel it did something.

To start with 300mg is way too much.

I read that to get the flush you have to do fasting upfront. So first time I used it I had breakfast and took 100mg at around 3pm. I had an intense flush where I thought: ā€œwhat the hell is going on!ā€ Now this intensity wouldnt shock me anymore. If you know what to expect this isnt really bad. I kinda like it nowā€¦ One time I took it on an empty stomach after getting up but this didnt felt good so I cannot recomment that. If you didnt do the fasting upfront the flush will be not so intense or nothing will happen. If my stomach isnt really empty and I take 100mg there is no reaction. So I can take 200mg and have a mild flushā€¦
That is a reason why i dont take it every day. Dont wanna do the fasting every day and I dont wanna take huge doses. Although there are doctors who suggest to take up to 2000mg on a daily basis to fight depression.

I ordered 100mg pills in Germany with amazon. Brand is puritans pride. Dont know if you get it this brand overseas though itĀ“s an american company. Dont buy ā€œnon-flushā€ or ā€œflush freeā€ productsā€¦

I would love to give this a try. Only problem is I can only find 500mg pills, not 100mg. Ill have to keep looking around the web.

Also I just wanted to clarify something with niacin. One of the many side effects I have been going through these few years is that sometimes my hands and feet go cold, kinda like they go numb. When you guys say that niacin warms your body, is that what you are referring to?

What is the brand that Joe and Brainbug are using? I would like to try this.

I found this on amazon.com.

amazon.com/Source-Naturals-Niacin-100mg-Tablets/dp/B004CDWGM6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1343276731&sr=8-2&keywords=niacin+100mg

In the reviews you can read that with this product you can get the flush. The link is for a 4 pack. You can find it as a 2pack too. Just put niacin 100mg into the amazon search engine. Brand I use is Puritans pride. I bought it on Amazon.de couldnt find it on amazon.comā€¦

@ flaming pie. I already forgot those symptoms because I dont have to deal with them anymore. I often had cold arms and cold leggs although I wouldnt describe it as numb. I was also very sensitive to coldness. If just a slight breeze came through an open window I started freezing. This sensitivity and the cold arms and leggs totally diappeared when I started using Niacin.
So when you get the flush you will notice a warm feeling spreading your body. This feels a little bit like a sunburn and it looks a like a sunburn. This will last for 20-30 min if you didnt take too much. In this case you will have it a lil longer. Afterwards you will feel relaxed. I dont know if the coldness problem ever returned after my first intakeā€¦

also take a look at these products:

amazon.com/Solaray-Niacin-500mg-100-Capsule/dp/B0011FWEMU/ref=pd_sim_hpc_3
amazon.com/Solaray-Niacin-100-capsules/dp/B00014D0CU/ref=sr_1_4?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1343278581&sr=1-4&keywords=niacin+100mg

This seems to be the same product. One as 100mg which has a bad review and the 500mg product has 4 good reviews. I would buy the 100mg productā€¦

Can you please comment how it affected your sexual sides?

I dont have ED. My sexual sides are different. After an ejaculation my hormonal balance seems to be a total mess. I got mental and physical problems afterwards. My body needed days to recover. Niacin helped me a lot with that. Libido is a little better but I think this is a result of a little bit more confidenceā€¦ You have to find out what it does to you. Niacin is no cure for me but I get a lot of benefits from it and I cannot say this about any other supplementā€¦

awesome thanks joe!
Im ordering the source naturals niacin tonight, ill be back on here in a couple weeks to discuss my results.

If you guys are familiar with what awor is trying to do, he mentioned he is trying to reverse his PFS by using a demethylating agent and seemed to be partially successful with it. I was researching this when I found this little tidbit of information and was reminded of this thread:

enzymestuff.com/methylation.htm

Perhaps awor is on the right track then and maybe the true reason why B3 is working for you is because you (and maybe all of us) are over-methylators ?

1 Like

For me it seems to help a bit, like joe said, it seems not to be the cure itself but it realy make a few things much better, I stoped it for a few days and feeling not so good in this time. Just to see if its not a placebo. Im familar to what awor says and yes this might be a key. People can get beter with time. So we see, some things still working and some are not. I mean it on the gene expression.

I use the same Brand as Joe78 takes.
ATM I just use a half pill, thats 50mg event had gives me on a empty stomage a flush.