New member from Latvia is here! PFS.Help

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)?
Latvia

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)
Google
What is your current age, height, weight?
29, 1.80m about 85
What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)?
finasteride
What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?
What condition was being treated with the drug?
hair loss
For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)?
3-4 month
How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start the drug?
i was 24 years old. started at 24 at winter time
How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit?
How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
stopped taking in one moment
How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects?
i dont remember but i think after 1 month
What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?
erective disfunction , reduced libido, penis changes, weight changes.
Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[ x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[x ] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ x] Loss of Morning Erections
[ x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ x] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[x ] Reduced Ejaculate
[x ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[x ] Confusion
[*] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[x ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ x] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ x] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ x] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[x ] Weight Gain
[*] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[x ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?
nothing
If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)? I didn’t do any tests before I took my medication.
But I have recent tests.

Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.
I’ve been sitting on your forum for a long time reading stories.

You know what, it’s time for me to tell my story.

My name is Roman, 29 years old. I was born in Latvia.
Now I live in Berlin.

Once, when I was 24 years old, I noticed that my hair fell out and pinched.

Well, I’ve always been complex about my appearance, and I can even say that I was obsessed with it.
I was always worried about it. I had to sign up for a therapist. But I didn’t do it because I thought ugliness couldn’t be cured.

At the time, I had a great potency, I was always thinking about girls and my sex drive was great. I could satisfy myself 4 times a day. if you know what I mean.

As you have already understood, hair loss was a tragedy for me.
In the winter, when I was 24 years old, I went to a dermatologist in Latvia.

We had a conversation. She prescribed me a spray that did not help me. My hair started to fall out pretty fast. Honestly, I had to balden my hair completely in a year. And I’m not exaggerating.

And what do you think? Once again, when I came to her, I insisted that she prescribe me a finasteride that she did not want to prescribe to me.

Honestly, I don’t remember what happened 5 years ago, but I know for a fact that I got madly fat.

I gained 30 kilograms and instead of my 75 kilograms when I was 176 cm tall I was about 100 kilograms. My friends who hadn’t seen me for a long time just couldn’t recognize me. I also remember that my penis had become pale and lifeless after taking the medicine. I drank this crap for 3-4 months.

And I quit abruptly.

Well, it’s time to move on to the present state.
I want to announce the list of my disappointments.

Sexual disorders:
1.pale penis - . It’s like it’s lifeless and the temperature seems lower to me. It just hangs.
2. There is no sudden and strong erection. (in response to fantasies).
3. Reduced libido. Really reduced.
4.Orgasm no longer brings those pleasures.
5.Loss of interest in girls at the previous level.
6. Reduction of penis size.
7.Feeling that the penis is not filled with blood as before.
8. More effort is required for an erection.
9. There is no morning erection.

External disorders:

1. I have a belly. I lost weight when I got off the pills. I don’t look like I used to, thank God. But I always have a stomach. It’s like I’m a little pregnant.
  2. Thick legs
    Three. Fat ass.
  3. The figure is like a woman. (Ass, legs, hips - thick).
  4. Strange breasts.

The other disorders I may not have noticed. Psychological or otherwise. There is no more aggression and motivation than before.

Also, I didn’t notice any problems with memory or mental abilities because I had these problems before the finasteride because of stress.

I turned into a man’s floor into a woman’s floor. Something like a transgender person.

I read that finasteride causes depression and that it can be a problem in the sexual sphere.

Yes, but then why did the hair loss stop in my case?
Because of depression? I don’t think so.

I had endocrinology tests in Berlin - I had high testosterone. I can share my results. When I told the urologist that I drank finasteride 5 years ago. Only 3 months. He didn’t even do any tests. He just said you should go to a psychiatrist or endocrinologist.

The only thing my endocrinologist found was a low vitamin D, a hashimoto tereodit. And gave me vitamin d every day.

At the moment, I’ve been using it for 2 months already.

I read about hormonal therapy. here on your forum.

To be honest in general, I am so tired of my life, not only because of finasteride, but for other reasons, too, I just sometimes want to end up with suicide. I’m tired of everything.

What should I do, guys?
I wrote to Philip Roberts and he told me to call Irving Goldstein.
I wrote a letter there 4 days ago but the answer was zero. I don’t speak English well. I thought I could communicate by mail but no.

I tried to fill in your form here. But I couldn’t answer a few questions about sex. I didn’t have sex at the time of the finasteride reception and I didn’t go through with it.

It’s been 5 years since I took the finasteride, but I never went back to the starting point.

I would like to take this opportunity to say hello and thank my parents for giving me such great genetics. Thank you, Mom Papa. I especially want to thank the merc company that kept its promises and kept my hair. Thanks fellas. You kept my hair.

Thank you to those who read my story. I respect you all very much.
I join you all. My name is Roman and I have post-finasteride syndrome.

update 18.09.2019
A week ago, I had abdominal pains. in the stomach of the lower part.

It hurt me to go to the bathroom.

After that, my erectile dysfunction and libido seemed to fall even lower.
weird feelings by the belly button.

I also quit consuming minoxidine a week ago. was using for four months.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tested your DHT? You should. I have high free testosterone (twice the maximum) and low DHT (half the minimum). I am saying this because you have high testosterone and there might be parallels with my case. I have been experimenting with DHT supplementation and so far the results have been positive.

2 Likes

Hey there,
I read your story earlier and I offer my deepest condolences as you can see there is many of us suffering here so you aren’t alone in this madness.
I honestly don’t think there is a quick remedy to fix us but I do recommend sorting out 3 things.

1. Gut health
  2. Sleep
  3. Stress
    Give yourself time to heal this seems to be the most important factor as a lot of people have seen improvements over time with this condition.
    You’re welcome to chime in and make yourself welcome.
    Have a good day sir! :blush:
1 Like

Welcome mate, I’m sorry to read your story. Regarding DHT supplementation, many have tried this with either no change or a worsening in their condition.

If you haven’t already, please fill out the patient survey. It will help us to fully define this disease and further the matter scientifically. If you don’t want to fill it all out in one sitting, you can do it section by section and it will save your progress as you go. I hope you weren’t too disheartened that you haven’t had many replies today, the community here is generally very supportive.

Hi Roman,

Welcome to our forum! I am deeply sorry that you have to go through this suffering. Some of us are working hard to create more awareness of our condition and to initiate more scientific research. To do this, we need everyone’s help here. Here are some quick, easy and cheap things you can do to help us: Pssd for 5 months

I understand, you are not comfortable with English. Since you live in Berlin, do you speak German? We have a foreign language sub-forum with some people (including me) speaking German: Herzlich Willkommen und Vorstellungsrunde deutschsprachiger Mitglieder

Good luck!

1 Like

A system designed to document therapeutic trials is launching soon

3 Likes

Update on 3/19/2022.

New symptoms and health changes.

1.Facial changes

2.Shrinkage of my penis even more. ( after 6 years of illness - it happened only now in this way!!!)

3.Difficulty in communication - I have noticed that I am very uncommunicative with coworkers and depressed. Moreover, I find it difficult to find a topic of conversation in this state - although I used to be super sociable before PFS.

4.Fatigue - inability to be fully rested even after 10 hours of sleep.

5.Varicocele - I recently had a testicular ultrasound - I got varicose veins.
That means I have to have an operation.

6.Teeth - I lost 3 teeth and have another one on the way. When I asked the doctor what the cause was, he couldn’t answer.

7.Incorrect information processing - (I’ll post later).

8.Digestion - problems with the consumption of dairy products. Further, after coffee or tea - potency worsens.
That never happened before.

The good news is that I am no longer aggressive, neurotic, and don’t get into a rage over any trifle. I am reacting more appropriately than before, which has helped me a lot in my relationships with people. I wasn’t me before.

Everything is like classic pfs.

To be continued.

2 Likes

1 to 3 hit me after a number of years. 4 got gradually worse 5 was early on no operation though advised to tolerate the discomfort. Thanks for the update man. .The urologist in London told me people with pfs stabilise upon cessation. It seems to be quite rare on here.

1 Like

airforlife,

After all that time, if the worst moment after discontinuation was 0
where are you now in physical sides, mental sides and sexual sides?

You could have a normal life in some way?

If it’s possible I’d like to collect all useful links to new discoveries here.

New MRI Method Images Epigenetic Changes in the Brain

1. https://www.technologynetworks.com/genomics/news/new-mri-method-images-epigenetic-changes-in-piglet-brains-359071

Scientists Rewind The Clock of Human Skin Cells to Make Them Act 30 Years Younger

1. https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-rewind-the-age-of-human-skin-cells-back-30-years

That’s a study that brings hope for PFS. If the problem is fixed on an epigenetic level which is likely, it could probably rewind our cells back into a healthy pre-fin state

1 Like

That’s why the animal model is important, I think

In addition to the other 40-symptoms. My eyes are shrinking, they are just pushing into my skull. God, it’s horrible…

1 Like

Today, I stand on the precipice of a novel endeavor. Living with Post-Finasteride Syndrome, my existence has been transmuted into a quest - a journey into the terra incognita of fleeting memories and starkly new dawns. This circumstance, though unsettling, has indelibly woven itself into the fabric of my identity.

Each sunrise ushers in a sense of revival, a new day shrouded by the same incessant dusk. Memory, typically a cherished anchor to our past, frequently slips through my grasp, supplanted by a hazy mist that blurs the lines between yesterday and today. This is my world - a shared reality for many navigating the tumultuous seas of Post-Finasteride Syndrome. It’s an ongoing skirmish, a perpetually shifting conundrum where the puzzle pieces refuse to hold their shape.

For a significant stretch of time, I found myself wrestling with the question of where to unveil my experiences, my voyage through this maze of capricious variables. Where might my voice echo the loudest? Where could my words find meaningful resonance? It was then that I realized - the ideal platform was here all along.

Consequently, today marks the dawn of a fresh chapter in my life: the inauguration of a blog aimed at documenting my encounters, my trials and tribulations while living under the shroud of Post-Finasteride Syndrome.

4 Likes

Looking forward to reading it!

1 Like