New idea about our condition

Can you get stool analysis test like ubiom or vbiom? Do you have any gastrointestinal issues? Bloating, gas, Diarrhea or Constipation? Cramping? Are you getting any symptoms of chronic inflammation such as nasal congestion especially at night, post nasal drip, skin issues like eczema, frequent headaches, tinnitus, etc.

I’ve done this protocol:

Herbal antibiotics for 2 weeks
Cut sugar from diet
Include more fibers
Use wide range of human sourced probiotic strains for 1 month
Take prebiotics such as bimuno (GOS)
Consume milk colostrum
Antioxidants (vitamin c)
Cordyceps (suppresses immune system)
Go light on exercise
Take amino acids
@devils342

Which amino acids and what herbal antibiotics? I mean I can upload all of the lab results (only have TSH, prolactin, estradiol, testosterone, dht - pre fin) but I have a lot more now. I want to test inflammatory markers and gut biome. I wanted to test allo and all of those but for this i need to go to another city.

What more I can test?

This is a friendly notification that in place of deletion, gentle edits were made to the posts of a few members participating in this topic in accordance with the Forum Guidelines.

For emphasis:

PFS is not yet understood medically. Do not make definitive claims such as “PFS is this”…
[/quote]

That includes alluding to speculative mechanisms as “matter of fact” in the context of this condition.
eg: X triggers Y, which leads to symptom Z in the context of PFS/PAS/PSSD (without providing significant and specific evidence…)

…Do not make declarative statements regarding the etiology of PFS, or assert things without significant and specific evidence.

Please do not simply append “I believe” to a declarative post to evade this

Take care not to present your thoughts in a way that could be taken as medical advice.

I’m not sure if there could be any liability placed on the site for members advising others to undergo diagnostics. Regardless, some statements were changed to reflect a suggestion, rather than a command/direction.

eg: Have YOU CONSIDERED testing X and Y as evidence of Z? vs. YOU SHOULD or YOU NEED to test X and Y as evidence of Z.

Thanks for understanding guys.

2 Likes

Do share your availabile test results. My E2 was chronically low and that was problematic. I tend to think that improper shift in the gut microbiome causes both physical as well as mental issues. Let me tell you a story, I had IBS for years and took Rifaximin (antibiotic), which helped a lot with Constipation/SIBO.

However, my issues would relapse 1-2 months later. I later found out that Rifaximin is mostly effective against Gram-negative bacteria (including E. Coli). I took L. Reuteri probiotics later and wham I got full-blown eczema and MCAS (i.e. histamine intolerance). What I think happened is that Rifaximin mostly eradicated friendly E. Coli bacteria and increased Lactobacillus specues and taking more Lactobacillus containing probiotics was such a bad idea. So take home message is: getting a ubiom test first helps a lot on deciding which herbal antibiotic & probiotics suits you best.

That said, I rotated (each ~2 weeks) oregano oil, cumin, clove, neem, thyme, ginger and cinnamon.

1 Like

I’m posting my blood tests from before and after fin. If you have any idea what further testing would be viable please let me know or if any of my levels seems not right to you. FYI: I stopped cipro because urine test was negative.

These are my current results:

What         Pre finasteride	Post fin (2 months)	   Range
Testosterone	763,46 ng/dl	   505 ng/dl	      240-830
TSH	            2,755 µUl/ml	   0,917 µUl/ml	      0,35-4,94
FT3		                           4,76 pmol/l	      2,63-5,7
FT4		                           13,89 pmol/l	      9-19
ATG		                           <15 u/ml	          <60
ATPO		                       38,6 u/ml	      <60
Vit D		                       29,4 ng/ml	      near optimal
DHT	            904,5 pg/ml	       Waiting..	      250-990
E2	            25 pg/ml	       37,3 pg/ml	      11-39,5
Prolactin	    10,6 ng/ml	       7,3 ng/ml	      3,46-19,4
ALT		                           13 U/l	          0-55
AST		                           15 U/l	          5-34
FSH		                           6,05 mlU/ml	      1,4-18,1
LH		                           5,66 mlU/ml	      1,5-9,3
Progesterone	                   0,336 ng/ml	      0,05-0,149 (range online is higher)
SHBG		                       41,4 nmol/l	      17,3-65,8
PSA		                           0,75 ng/ml	      <4

Blood count:			
Leukocyte		                   4,1 10^9/l	      4,0-10
Erythrocyte		                   5,3 10^12/l	      4,5-5,5
Hemoglobin		                   14,8 g/dl	      14-18
Hemtocrite (HCT)		           43,80%	          40-54
MCV		                           82,8 fl	          80-100
MCH		                           28 pg	          26-34
MCHC		                       33,8 g/dl	      32-36
RDW		                           10,70%	          11,5-13,1
Blood platelets (PLT):		       307 10^9/l	      150-350
PCT		                           0,20%	          0,1-0,3
PDW		                           19,7 fl	          18,1-22,2   
MPV		                           6,4 fl	          6,5-10
Neutrocyte		                   54,8%/2,3 10^9/l	  45-70%/2,5-5
Lymphocyte		                   35,4%/1,5 10^9/l	  20-45%/1,5-3,5
Monocte		                       8,6%/0,4 10^9/l	  3-8%/0,2-0,8
Eosinophile		                   0,2%/0,01 10^9/l	  1-5%/0,04-0,4
Basophils		                   1%/ 0,04 10^9l	  0-1%/0,02-0,1
Blood smear test:			
Monocytes		                   9%	              2-6

Glucose		                       85 mg/dl	          70-99
Iron		                       147 µg/dl	      65-175
CRP		                           1 mg/l	          <5

Urine culture test		           negative
1 Like

Mitochondrial dysfunction can lead to excessive ROS/Inflammation. SSRIs were shown to damage the mitochondrial membrane: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5777788/

It is just a hypothesis. But that could be where the ROS/Inflammation could be coming from. I have no proof this is what happened in PFS/PSSD.

2 Likes

I came across these interesting articles on gut microbiome and another one on breast milk being used to treat autoimmune disorders. It seems harmless enough, and if anyone knows how or where it can be safely obtained, it may be worth the effort in attempting to restore our gut, if that is a contributing factor to our condition.

Interestingly, the hCG in the treatment I’m trying comes from the urine of pregnant women.

The second article is here:
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/some-ill-adults-use-breast-milk-to-fight-disease/

2 Likes

guess i have to find myself a milf in order to get some tittymilk…

what is this brooooo

11 Likes

Look it up online. I thought it was weird, but there seems to be some science to it. As long as the milk is safe, what’s the harm in trying? At least it’s natural and not some Merck drug.

Thanks for sharing. I can see your Testosterone had gone down (700ish to 500ish) while your E2 went up (25 to 37). This is very typical with finesteride since it blocks T >>> DHT conversion leading to more T >>> E2 pathway conversion and hence increased E2. E2 is involved in HPTA negative feedback loop so increasing its level leads to lower T output as in your case. Your DHT was near the top range pre-fin and my guesstimate it’s reduced post-fin. You may benefit from balancing T:E2 ratio through lowering E2 to 20ish range. Actually doing nothing may restore your ratios given adequate time.

I see you also had taken cipro, which is a potent antibiotic that covers a wide spectrum of bacteria. How long have you taken it and at what doses? Based on your doses and duration, Cipro could have nuked a lot of friendly gut bacteria and it’ll take time (we are talking months here) for things to settle.

These bloods look fine and do not indicate anything in themselves.

I took it for 2 days (cipro). Stopped immediately after urine culture test came back negative. What’s good for lowering e2 naturally and improving t? Excercise? I dont want to take any drugs at the moment. I will retest hormones in a month.

Yes steer clear from E2 lowering drugs @devils342 As I said, your hormones may restabilize given enough time. Resistance training helps elevate testosterone and growth hormone and this always helps. Losing fat and getting leaner reduces aromatase enzyme. Avoid overtraining though.

What is ROS Inflamation and what to do treat it?

The second month of I quit off drug I took antibiotic 1000mg and after 5 days my libido back and my erection fixed but when i wean off antibiotic problem came back and antibiotic didn’t work same. I think I have prostate inflamation or pelvic floor/nerve inflamation. I like your hypothesis.

ROS is reactive oxygen species. It is created naturally from our bodies but some things can make it get out of hand. Particularly when the body doesn’t produce anti oxidative enzymes such as superoxide dismutase or overproduction of superoxide from NADPH oxidase.

For example, exercise will increase enzymes to reduce ROS (good). Ketones will reactivate genese that turn on antioxidant enzymes (good). Alcohol will increase NADPH oxidase (bad). Inflammatory cytokine like IL6 will increase NADPH oxidase (bad). Inhibition of DHT will increase NADPH oxidase via increased IL6 (bad).

Basically my theory revolves around increasing antioxidant enzymes and shutting down oxidative ones.

You might be on to something. Our bodies use superoxide to fight off infections. If your body is getting an antibiotic, your body doesn’t need to produce superoxide anymore. This may cause NADPH oxidase to slow down. This may also be why 5AR is increased on antibiotics, because DHT increases can reduce your own immune response.

I would not recommend taking this however because there are other bacteria we have that are beneficial.

It is interesting though because with all of my NADPH oxidase reducing protocols, I actually started to get sick. First time in a long time, which to me means my protocol is working.

I decided to have carbs to increase my immune response and I feel better today. I will have to be very careful with my hygiene with this protocol because my immune response will be low.

1 Like

Can you share your protocol in DM bro?

Yeah I’m giving myself 6 months after crash and then reevaluate how i feel. I will test my hormones once a month, next time i will also include 3α-Androstanodiol. Right now im only taking vit d3,fish oil, vit c and basic electrolytes. Maybe i should wait full year before going on a more serious route.

Do you have any studies to back this up?