New idea about our condition

This guys theory is very close to mine. I beleive it will work if we stay with it and listen to our body.

He also focused on a diet to apport 4 types of HDAC inhibitors through garlic, broccoli/cabbage, camomille and “food butyrates”.
If you look all the post carefully he connected all the system from inflammation to demethylation.
Is the most complete theory i’ve seen there. It simply connect all the dots.
Is probably the most underrated protocol of the board.

Im trying to relieve inflammation through a different way, im trying different peptides now both subq and intranasally.

Hey man, how are you going now?

I too am following a similar protocol. @Headsup really seemed like he was onto something, I wish there was a way to get in contact with him.

For what it’s worth, I had a consult with LeoandLongevity (check him out on Youtube) and this was one of the key takeaways I got from him.

“What happens in PFS is that short-term environmental changes (e.g. finasteride) cause long-term epigenetic changes. If I were in your position, I would optimize my use of HDAC inhibitors to encourage my epigenetics to change to reflect my new environment”

Very similar advice to what @headsup was advocating for.

Leo then goes on to recommend sodium valproate and Tributryin (sodium / magnesium / calcium butyrate). I personally will not be taking these compounds and strongly advise you to avoid them as well, just take a look what happened to Papasmurf after experimenting with Sodium Butyrate:

Personally, I will be following @headsup’s advice, optimise my diet to inhibit HDACs, reduce oxidative stress, and inflammation. Foods to focus on for inhibiting HDACs include:

• Sulforaphane. Broccoli Sprouts.
  • Cooked and then cooled white potatoes. Cold potatoes are the best way to increase Butyrate in the gut.
  • Chamomile Tea.
  • Celery.
  • Garlic.
  • Ashwagandha.
  • NAC.

There are more (see study below), but these are the specific foods / compounds recommended by @headsup, they are also listed in the study.

Interested to hear how you are progressing.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing man. I agree, his banning was a shame and wasted potential. Good luck with your recovery and keep in touch. Cheers

How’re you travelling?

Hi Alex,

How’re the HDAC inhibitors working?

1 Like

Hey man,

i suppose you are headsup?
if correct, we can initiate a debate!

I hope you returned just to check the site and you still doing well.

Yeah I’m Heads up!

A debate lol…What about?

I’m feeling pretty good😁

i’m really glad for you! :smiley:

I couldn’t add neither brocolli nor camonille nor garlic. Just potatoes, meat and oats and almond milk. The rest crashed me heavily…
(i got really impressed to crash on those simplement foods)

My modifications are
Sometimes i use normal milk.
I do intermittent fasting
i have to take an SSRI
and i’m taking metformin, which lowers testosterone but degrades AR mRNA

i’m killing my recovery doing that?

Shortly after making that post I ran a microbiome analysis, the results were interesting - turns out I have the bacterial profile of somebody with chronic fatigue syndrome. My focus consequently shifted to fixing my microbiome and I have not been consistent with the HDAC inhibitors. I plan to run a course of HDAC inhibitors in the future, likely Tributyrin, Lithium, Beta-HydroxyButyrate, Raw Unmodified Potato Starch, and the foods I mentioned earlier, however this will be at a later date once I fix my microbiome. I don’t like taking too many things at once. Better to have one focus area at a time in my opinion. Good to see you back!

1 Like

did you try out your theory? Any results?

Hey yes keto is the way to go. I can’t eat carbs anymore as I get immediately stuffy and brain fogged and my dick goes cold.

I just read a study that backed up my theory. It states that tnf alpha and the eventual NADPH oxidase upregulation will directly damage the penis.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=infliximab+erectile+dysfunction&oq=infliximab+erectile+dys#d=gs_qabs&u=%23p%3D0rNcjfgp3yMJ

Interesting that suppression of TNF with a drug called Infliximab improved erectile dysfunction.

1 Like

I know nothing about this
Will this TNF damage the penis even in none PFS patients?
Are you saying poor choices in diet can actually make you worse apart from the traditional reasons why?

Yeah it could. IIRC it’s elevated in Peyronie’s disease.

Hey, @Stronguy anything new to share? Although I don’t understand anything about the science behind it, ketosis has been the closest thing to fixing my symptoms, the higher the ketone levels, the better I feel, so I think you are on the right track here.

I wonder if you know anything about HMB or Leucine? Both seem to increase ketone levels as well as MCT oil… Do they have any effects that would be beneficial according to your theory?

Also, what is your view of Niacin to raise NAD+? Do you think it could benefit us? I feel a lot better taking fast-release Niacin in high doses when I’m eating carbs, but doing it on ketosis is super hard…

Anyway, would appreciate any thoughts you might have on all of this.

Hey, @Stronguy anything new to share? Although I don’t understand anything about the science behind it, ketosis has been the closest thing to fixing my symptoms, the higher the ketone levels, the better I feel, so I think you are on the right track here.

I wonder if you know anything about HMB or Leucine? Both seem to increase ketone levels as well as MCT oil… Do they have any effects that would be beneficial according to your theory?

Also @surviveplz , very interesting the exogenous BHB supplement you mentioned. What makes it different from the current esters in the market? I see that it has a very prolonged effect, lasting up to 12 hours… is that why it’s superior to what is currently out there?

Anyway, if you guys could give your thoughts on this I would appreciate it.

1 Like

Yes taking real fast release Niacin will deplete your carbs faster as it shuts off lipoysis, putting you into a deeper ketosis. It will also increase growth hormone and I vaguely remember it is an HDAC inhibitor and reduces ROS. It is a good supplement. I too feel much better when I regularly take Niacin. best taken before gym or bed to amplify the growth hormone response.

Those other supplements will provide your body with ketones yes. But I believe the best way to increase ketones is to fast.

https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/10.1089/rej.2021.0025

Closing this topic to reflect the new rules about self-reporting therapies. Read more here - Changes to propeciahelp towards a more effective patient advocacy: Please read this important post about changes to our terms of service