My Theory

books.google.com/books?id=rk1Oo1PObDcC&pg=PA481&lpg=PA481&dq=Dihydroxyphenylpropionic+acid+neurotoxin&source=bl&ots=3aZAEeZ4rX&sig=q2T50cQrbeMHkPY80zxW1MPQCf8&hl=en&ei=gWXwTMnzLZSusAPjwIS_Cw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CCMQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=Dihydroxyphenylpropionic%20acid%20neurotoxin&f=false

“Dihydroxyphenylpropionic acid (dhhpa) is an exogeneous dopaminergic false neurotransmitter, which imitates dopamine by binding to the same neuronal receptor sites and is produced by bacteria such as clostridium in the intestine, not by the body. Dhhpa supresses the activity of the dopaminergic subsystem by stopping dopamine functioning in its usual way.”

My gastrin test is happening tomorrow, i have the slip. Ive had the slip for days now. First i got snowed in for 2 days, then i went for the test but the doctor didnt tell me it was fasting. I think the merck gods are against me on this one.

Unbelievablely i got the blood drawn this morning and just recieved a call from the lab saying the have prepared it wrong, didnt get it frozen within a hour, will have to retest next week. :angry: :imp:

:unamused:

any updates iwontgiveup?

Yup.

So I went and saw a world renowned Gastroenterologist. I looked him up and he has written at least 50 research papers for UCI.

He openmindedly read that whole little paper that Tim found on DHPPA . I walked him through my research as humbly as possible and showed him the parallels between the Cimitidine side effects and my symptoms.

He was a very good listener and when I told him the situation he was able to repeat the following back to me:
“So what you are saying is that you have normal serum testosterone levels but something is inhibiting the receptor activity…”

His response was that any “good” endocrinologist should be able to narrow down and diagnose where the problem is actually occurring. I explained that I have seen half a dozen endos, andrologist and euros etc to no avail. He said you need to talk to Dr. _________ (I dont want to put the names on here), endocrinology professor for UCI. “This is your man. Trust me. This is your man.” So I called him on the way home and the lady who answered the phone said he wont take new patients and he is retiring in a week. UGH So I called the Gastro back and left a message explaining. I am thinking of writing him a letter this weekend to arrive on Tuesday and maybe he will make an exception?

The gastro ordered a serum Gastrin blood test for me and 2 stool tests- one for Clostridium and one for parasites. He said it is pretty much impossible to test for all the “microorganisms” in the body because there are 10 ^15 (10,000,000,000,000,000) different types of micro-organisms in the body.

So I gotta do these tests and hopefully get in to see this godsend professor. - BY FAR this doctor was the most itelligent and EFFECTIVE doctor I have seen - able to communicate with me and help get me where I was trying to go. So that was a nice breath of fresh air.

Kudos to you for having the motivation to do that. Good luck!

Interested to see the results of your stool exam. I just got back a food allergy test and my doctor thinks I have a bad balance of bacteria in my digestive tract and wants to do a stool exam as well. Except I’m not going back to her for another 2 weeks, but I DEFINETLY have inflammation in my digestive tract, but as for the reason, I am not sure… it’s what we are investigating.

Are you sure he is in the minority? I’ve been on antibiotics for one thing or another my whole life

me too.

I used anti-biotics last in 1997. I am not sure I don;t remember. I have used rarely

I used anti biotics for the first time i can ever remember very close to the time i crashed.

So has anyone tried this high alkaline for two to three days?

I have baking soda in the kitchen at home. I guess the question is how much is safe and how do you measure your ph levels and not hurt yourself?

There are strips that you use for pools… would be intersting if someone where to try it… Nothing can survive in the body at 8PH or something along those lines.

I was trying it for about 5 days until propecia gave me that boost. I am going to start again, you just reminded me. Stop if you start to get severe stomach cramps. Use pH strips to measure either your urine or saliva pH.

Do you guys think that “xifaxan” could be a good treatment plan? It targets bacteria in the gut, i.e. SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) and does not get absorbed in the blood.

You will be fine. I took a LOT over 5 days, my pH looked good but no improvement in symptoms.

Do intense research before you do this.

Gastrin = 25 (range <100) so it looks like the test is only designed to look for too much gastrin. When I pointed this out to my doctor he says that he would be concerned if it was 5 but 25 is just fine.

Clostridium = negative also

Other bacteria’s it could be :

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18450964

Androgen deprivation by activating the liver X receptor.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver_X_receptor

The hexacyclic aromatic ketones, (-)anthrabenzoxocinone and (-)bischloroanthrabenzoxocinone ((-)-BABX) derived from a Streptomyces sp. have micromolar affinity for LXR-α.[29]

Or

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equol

Equol (4’,7-isoflavandiol) is an isoflavandiol[1] metabolized from daidzein, a type of isoflavone, by bacterial flora in the intestines.
…benefits may be realized in treating male pattern baldness, acne, and other problems because it functions as a DHT blocker.[6] S-Equol preferentially activates estrogen receptor type β.

I get a tender feeling, especially when i press where my pancreas is.