My Theory

Is anyone taking Metronidazole (Flagyl)?

yes i started it 5 days ago and i havent noticed much in the way of improvement from it unfortunately.

No one heard of ‘xifaxan’? Its the no. 1 antibiotic for SIBO. any experiences on this board?

Hmmm… very interesting. I also used oral antibiotics (twice) for a skin infection a few months after I began Prope***. I wonder how many of us had taken antibiotics while on fin…

Looking back, a month before I took the propec I had a severe food poisoning. I was on antibiotics. I contacted the office I went to way back then and got a copy of the report and the antibiotic I was given was Flagyl

Maybe there is some crazy interaction with the PH levels and bacteria being killed off around the same time

I used Xifaxin while on Fin… was being treated for SIBO. On it for a couple weeks I think…

Another one here that used antibiotics while on Finasteride. Funnily enough, i never had any problems going on and off the drug until i took the antibiotics and other meds.

FWIW, I used them too before, during and after FIN.

Add me to the list. I took antibiotics at the same time as my crash.

Holy shit dudes. This theory might hold some ground. When I started taking digestive enzymes, my hair started getting itchy and falling out again, which I believe means I reactivated the 5AR2/DHT… not sure which. But it is all based on what foods I eat. When I eat vegetables and fish, take cod liver oil, vit d3, and igestive enzymes, my hair gets crazy itchy. Add exercise in there and it feels like craziness going on in my head, even right now I feel it itching because I just took some cod liver oil. I know it all started when I took digestive enzymes, so I’m not sure if that switched something on or not. My stool test said that I am low in digestive enzymes.

Anyway… I really need to stick to my diet of veggies and fish… that’s when things have cleared up the most for me.

[Size=4]Almost everyone on the planet has taken antibiotics. [/size]What detrimental effects do antibiotics have? Well, overuse can impair immune function, create resistance to pathogens, can destroy good bacteria levels…

Now…isn’t that something that steroids also do?

[Size=4]…and what is finasteride? finasteride: chemical classification = androstane (STEROID)[/size]

Mew’s documentation on finasteride’s steroid classification: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1053

Drug Website Classification/Description: rxlist.com/proscar-drug.htm
PROSCAR (finasteride), a synthetic 4-azasteroid compound, is a specific inhibitor of steroid Type II 5α-reductase, an intracellular enzyme that converts the androgen testosterone into 5α-dihydrotestosterone (DHT).

Dictionary/Derivation of Name: answers.com/topic/finasteride

[Size=4][fin- (alteration of (al)[b]ph/b [b]in/b) + (az)[b]aster/b, steroid containing azine (alteration of AZO + STEROID) + (AM)ide.][/size]
[Size=4]
What do you suppose are the consequences of long-term steroid usage?[/size]

Is it not plausible then, that organs such as the gut, liver and prostate are potentially infected by pathogens? We’ve had various anecdotes about people experiencing relief or recovery treating infections of the prostate, candida, going on cleanses, detoxification, cleaning up their lifestyle, etc. Usually, these people are laughed off the board, marginalized, ridiculed. But what if all the literature on the endocrine-mimicking and disrupting toxins released by foreign invaders is true? What if this immuno-compromised body was in fact in a chronic state of inflammation, affecting uro-genital organs and beyond? Why, it would explain the wide constellation of symptoms we have, wouldn’t it? Go ahead, ridicule this…just food for thought, for those who have a hunch that hormones and the like are the symptom not the cause, and that there’s something immunological going on…

I fully believe that it could be something like this but have no idea how one would go about any assessment and treatment. I want to leave the UK and move to somewhere hot and quiet where i can get ample vitamin d, swim in the sea and practice any diet/ fasting i desire. That’s the best idea i have and unfortunately isn’t possible.

I felt good on Nystatin but i can’t afford to be buying it all the time just to test things out

I have a number of symptoms that indicate a screwed up immune system or something like that

• eczema
  • HPV breakout

Also, i recovered perfectly fine a number of times using finasteride until i used antibiotics, started using cortisone creams, taking iron, using rogaine

At the same time as believing it could be something like this i also believe it could very well be straight up hormone issues e.g. androgen insensitivity

Any updates here? @iwontgiveup What happened from this treatment?

no I forgot about this but now reading it sounds pretty good lol .

I did 3 gainswave treatments, and 2 P-shots. The P shot fixed it for a few weeks. Just did a Stem Cell injection a couple days ago.

Question, did you ever take anything for prostasis? Have your symptoms improved over time at all?

I tried a course of Rifaximin (Xifaxan). It did nothing for PFS. I was thinking along similar lines to this thread.

Interestingly, I also was on antibiotics when I crashed originally.