My "full recovery" from a 5ar inhibitor

My blood test did come back normal i’ll post them and i’m gonna get a new one done after if i still feel 100 percent better and i’ll post them both and see what the change is if there even is one at all. I think that it might be that the endocrine system attempts to go back to normal but the normal level of estrogen production is too high because so much estrogen has already been dumped into the receptors but wont show up in the bloodstream? But like you said these theories we have are nothing but guesses and not supported by science.

How do you know it’s not ? You don’t.

How do you know fin caused you this condition and it’s not some meat you’ve been eating everyday ? Maybe it’s natural aging which coincidentally occured while you were taking fin? Maybe its spontaneous unrelated factor , which caused this illness while you were taking fin. Maybe it’s bad environment and too much harmful emissions from the local factory in your town. Yes, it’s exaggerated example, but this is exactly how it sounds when you deny that one or another could recover from supplementing.

2 Likes

This is descending into nonsense.

This is a vulnerable patient group for a number of reasons and we have to be careful to not create gurus thanks to entertaining hunches, unproven theories and a lack of quantifiable results. That path has led to someone telling another they didn’t believe hard enough or that they need to buy more things as the failing plan becomes more and more convoluted.

As @Dubya_B says, there have been a number of championed methods to beat this and none of them have been particularly helpful. The idea that we all have the same condition, caused by the same mechanism but require a treatment that is specific to each person and is available to all from a health food store is unlikely. “HOW DO YOU KNOW?!” comes the response.

It doesn’t really matter, we can take the argument to you, @slick1. If you want the upshot of this conversation to be that we all agree that this is maybe the cure, then the best we can say is “it almost certainly isn’t…” “BUT HOW DO YOU KNOW!!!” “…and history teaches us that most people will not see a benefit from embarking on this journey. Some people might see improvements and of course individuals, at their own risk, are free to do whatever they wish - you are free to do whatever you like with your own body, obviously.”

It shouldn’t be necessary for you to argue against that, since it is your own argument. That being that you think some people got better while trying various plans and schemes, maybe even because of them.

With that, we can wait for anyone who has tried this method to come forward with their results.

What we can’t currently do is say that this method has any kind of guaranteed or likely success, based on one person who may have got better thanks only to the passing of time. If people try this and a picture of success emerges then perhaps we should have another conversation, but right now it is fair to say that no other plan has proven to be enduringly successful and in some raising testosterone results in a worsened condition and anyone embarking on a “recovery plan” would do well to act in caution.

2 Likes

Well, I have been trying to be healthy for the last two years. Did not try herbs and other treatments, but exercise, sunlight, eating a balanced diet - and nothing helped. Over the last few months since I understood the nature of my problem in February, I have been trying herbal medicine and sometimes something clicks, while other times things go two steps back. But I am quite sure that it is not time that is going to heal. It has been eight years since I took isotretinoin.
I agree that many treatments here are dangerous, but in my case, it seems quite clear to me that I can’t bank on time improving my symptoms.

What herbal supplements have you tried and how did they seem to effect you?

Tried in the hope that it would improve physical and mental symptoms which are my primary concern apart from the sexual sides.

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/t/82-herbs-that-improve-sexual-functioning/36869/12

Have you tried butea superba? Its pretty cheap and was way better than anything else i took i’d look into it at least if i were you since it seems to increase dht for me and i feel like it took care of the majority of my recovery

3 Likes

To be clear, I’m not saying that time will heal people. I am saying that a lot of people get better with time and many of them wrongly correlate a supplement with that improvement.

Soon we will offer a place to record these experiences, please make sure you participate. It will help identify anything which regularly helps.

4 Likes

How did you come up with this ? I was completely RECOVERED for about 5-6 months. Until I crashed. I recovered and felt permanent improvements ONLY after i started supplementing. Before that it was stable flatline.

What ?? I wasn’t referring to any specific treatment, plan or method and where have I said that it might be a cure ? I said that people can recover through supplementation/meds and your denial is just based on your blind belief because there is no way it can be proved or disproved of what helped someone to recover.

1 Like

Sibo seems to be very directly related to my pfs symptoms do you have digestive issues that are still unresolved? It might be why your system crashed again

1 Like

How are you treating your sibo btw?

Initially with carnivore diet which helped immensely and now i’m going to finish it off with a second antibiotic course and 1-3 days fasting i hope. It was pretty severe and i think its the reason i crashed in the first place because i had lost the ability to go number 2 without laxatives after inhibiting 5ar. Exercise miralax and reuteri atcc 6475 are also part of my plan for my gut health. I think anyones gut can be healed from dysbiosis with enough intervention the whole fecal matter transplant thing makes no sense to me just go carnivore for 1-2 months and it’ll make killing the bacteria easy since 90% or more should already be dead. I’ve also tried improving the health and function of all my bodies organs and systems especially liver and gut health. I should add that i almost completley avoid insoluble fiber now because it doesnt effect gut bacteria and is just impossible to digest trash and most doctors dont even understand you dont need any fiber at all to go no 2 and it usually causes constipation if anything unless its soluble and you have really healthy bacteria.

Ok, so it can’t be proved? Or can it be proved? What are you saying? If it can’t be proved, then should we be listening to anyone who says they have a system?

Whatever the case is, thanks @MasterofPuppets for continuing to try to help. If you did heal in 6 weeks, I honestly do think you got lucky and didn’t get fukced up.

I am pretty sure the gut has been affected, I always had flatulence after contracting PAS and as soon as I take HCL, it stops immediately. No improvement in any regard though.

2 Likes

Have you tried carnivore diet? It does amazing things for your gut health i dont fully understand why.

1 Like

No I haven’t. I am actually vegetarian and don’t want to get into this diet unless we start getting reports that it does help atleast a noticeable amount of people. Nothing against it of course, just don’t want the stress.

2 Likes

Thats fair its hard to adapt to and might not help your problems i really only did it to starve my dysbiotic gut bacteria which i’m still working on.

If it can’t be proved you can’t deny the possibility of success with supplements or meds. But following your logic you can just close each recovery thread, because whats the point of them, if its always ‘‘natural’’ recovery behind it.

Caveman diet. Ive seen this before, figured id post it.

Cavemen Didn’t Have Cavities. Why Do We?

Researchers concluded that because the Eskimo diet of seals, walrus, caribou, and fish included only roughly four ounces of vegetation per year, an exclusively meat diet is ideal for dental health.

Later, archaeologists discovered instances of neanderthal teeth and jawbones that showed little decay or damage — surprising, given their circumstances as paleolithic hunter-gatherers. This discovery triggered a 2009 study on gum disease and the “stone age” diet. An article on the study in Medical News Today noted that a hunter-gatherer diet of meat, fowl, fish, plants, seeds, and occasional animal fat, was fed to 10 subjects for four weeks.

The researchers reported that the “mean (average) gum bleeding on probing (BOP) decreased from 34.8% to 12.6%. Periodontal disease decreased.” The hunter-gatherer diet healed gum disease (gingivitis) in four weeks, dramatically improving gum health.

The authors noted that, “Although plaque levels increased, bleeding on probing and periodontal disease decreased.” This means that while plaque, the biofilm accumulation on teeth and under the gumline, was present, the bacteria that cause gum disease were not — instead, analysis identified “good” bacteria such as Lactobacillus acidophilus .

Using this last bacteria as an example, you can see this reducing breast cancer risk in women. How about men? you see this as a risk factor with Fin.

1 Like

My teeth got crazy white on carnivore