My "full recovery" from a 5ar inhibitor

I has some chronic digestive issues in the past, which I fixed with dexslansoprazole. This newest PPI was making wonders for me. But I think it’s actually what also may cause SIBO. The reason I crashed is quite stupid,it’s because I decided to take dapoxetine.

Read my post - Got that shit too, you recovered from complete body disconnect? I’ve still got it, but it’s way better than at the start, how long did it take you to recover from it?

Yes, and it was immediately once i took DAA and butea superba at the same time so about 3-4 weeks after my crash. Then libido mostly recovered after a couple weeks of treatment. But took a long time to get completley back. Still feel like i have a little too much estrogen but i’m hoping everything can balance out now.

1 Like

We won’t close such threads, because we want people to report their experiences.
But from the collective experience over the last decade we know that many people naturally improve or recover after the crash. Some take this, some take that, some don’t take anything at all. But they improve. Somehow, whatever some of these people took it rarely works for other people. What they have in common, though, is that they recovered or improve within the first couple of months. The reasonable explanation is that they recovered naturally and not that somehow people recover by completely different supplements or drugs that mysteriously don’t work for everyone else.

No one is completely ruling out that some supplements or drugs out there may help us. But the track record of trying this route has been piss poor over the last decade. I wouldn’t be surprised if more got worse rather than better from trialing various substances.

That’s why the staff of this forum has a responsibility to suggest caution, especially when someone new who recovered quickly (and thus probably naturally) goes around the forum pushing his advice on everyone. Everybody is free to try what he did and please report your experience, but consider that he may just have improved naturally and that many people have gotten worse from trialing substances and extreme forms of diet.

We weren’t talking about absolute universal supplemented cure for everyone. you are saying you wouldn’t be surprised if more got worse, but did they get worse because of the supplements they been taken ? or is it because their PFS naturally got worse and it coincided with their supplementation? Did people got much better because of the supplements they were taken ? Or they natural recovery coincided with supplementation ?

Why ? Because you are not eating carbs, only protein, it will increase the production of ketones, what it is really good for your brain.

1 Like

Anyone used Aspartic Acid (DAA) and see improvements like this?

@MasterofPuppets also, have you got any thin erections or “line like dents” and bends on erect penis? Are they resolved 100% too?

1 Like

All my pfs symptoms have now been resolved since i believe i’ve eradicated my sibo. Still didnt quite feel 100 percent until then. Still dealing with an infection but it should be fixed soon my GI doc is really smart. I don’t feel any lasting effects or changes from taking the 5ar inhibitor anymore. And i did have a bend in my penis that has been 100 percent reversed and my gyno mostly shrunk back down and seems to be getting smaller and is no longer sensitive at all. It took a lot to get myself back to 100 percent. DAA will for sure worsen gyno though and i only recommend using it with something to increase DHT at the same time.

1 Like

I still did not post my story here. Short Version: Took accutane 23 years ago. My gut was completely messed up since then. Took Finasteride 15 years ago. Messed up Libido and brain.

Never thought that accutane and fin could be the reason for my problems until I read about pfs 4 months ago.

İ always had gut problems since accutane and they got way worse in 2012. Could not eat anything anymore and lost 10kg.

3 months ago I did a elemental diet (wich was a miracle for my gut) for 13 days and recovered for a short time of 2 months. Libido was insane and brain was super clear. But only after İ started daily b12 injections together with folic acid.

Then last month I decided to take Fluconazol to finally get rid of candida. Since then İ cashed again.

I believe gut health is a key to healing. But its not easy to stay there. My next attempt is now low dose naltrexone to heal my autoimmune stuff and finally heal the gut. Sibo, leaky gut and candida play huge roles I think. Also histamine intolerance. Whenever İ am high on inflammation (histamine) my brain fog is unbearable and Libido zero.

2 Likes

What do you mean with sibo?

Bacterial overgrowth in the small intestines.

Did you did any tests for sibo or any gut microbiome?

Why masterofpuppets is banned ? How is he not a post drug sufferer ?

I hate scammers who plays people’s health.
I hope that he was not that kind of person otherwise shame on him :frowning:

I’m a member since 2011 and suffering from PFS for almost 8 years now. I think I just get used to the new me and that’s was a reason why I stop posting in the chat, so maybe a lot of other users are feeling the same.

Despite recently I decided to come again since I’m suffering from sexual anhedonia at 32 year old.

I would say that i recovered naturally to 70% but still missing the good sex feeling and not really able to express desire in sex.

Hope it help,

3 Likes

Hi @EDDYS, thanks for checking in.

Can you take our survey please?

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/t/post-drug-syndrome-survey-faq-survey-now-live-please-participate

Same for me

Sorry if you’ve already been nagged @Tomas but can you take the survey too?

Hi Greek,

As I explained i got stuck on the question about symptoms after drug discontinuation. The survey is not able to detail the “crash” thst in my case for so clesr and determinant. So I cannot complete something that will be showing not real results.

Regards.

Sorry Tomas, can you just fill it out as best you can, there will be a place to note that you felt the crash questions weren’t adequate.

Sorry to ask you again.