Muscle Twitch and Muscle Wastage and Muscle Weakness

What makes you concerned about general anesthesia man?

Who knows what large amounts of general anesthetic drugs might do to AR expression. Muscle dystrophy happened to my swallowing muscles. What if I wake up from surgery constantly aspirating on my own blood.

Admittedly it’s not a huge sample size but other patients have been under general anesthesia and not suffered any lasting effects. Fingers crossed you’ll be fine.

No issues for me during my procedure. I did however wake up mid procedure but it in a “Saw movie like” daze. No pain, no nothing. Just suddenly awake for a brief minute.

Good to hear mate. Bet it was a strange experience though lmao.

1 Like

Sure was man. Everything was in blobs and oddly out of place. One of the strangest experiences in my life but wasn’t scary at all.

1 Like

I got generalized weakness almost instantly (within a few days), by 6 months, I had lost 10-15 lbs of muscle, and it continued for over a year and a half with skin changes, body hair changes, derealization, etc. 3 years after taking Finasteride and I can’t build muscle or lose fat. Body doesn’t respond to exercise. You got lucky.

2 Likes

Same symptoms mean, my muscles feel like they’re turning to mush, also joint issues. This is absolutely insane, I got it after one .25 dose.

Man*

Can definitely relate here. Twitching was non-stop at start. Now comes and goes, but when it’s there, it’s scary. You can see the muscles twitching in a mirror.

Yeah it comes and goes now it’s not constant, but no one fucking believes me when I went to the rheumatologist obviously it wasn’t acting up then and she was like “I don’t see/feel anything and you’re bloodtests don’t show anything you’re fine”.

1 Like

Ditto. I know your pain all too well. I swear it’s like taking the car in. It was making this clunking noise earlier. Only difference was it was my first Neuromuscular doctor, seeing a Rheumatologist next.

How is your breathing problem? Is it getting better or worse? Can you describe it?Thank u!

I can relate to the loss of muscle. It’s scary the muscle throbs, shrivels and disappears. He doesn’t stop

I’m sorry if it doesn’t come across well because I translated it using AI.
I get asked questions from time to time, and I apologize for the delay in responding.
As long as I’m not writing here, you can think that my physical condition is still bad and hasn’t changed. Unfortunately it won’t improve.
This time, the situation got even worse, so I came here to write.
The skin of my penis has started to change. And my penis is getting smaller.
I’ve been on PFS for almost 10 years now, and it still seems like it’s going to get worse.
Sorry for all the negative posts.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I was wondering if your muscles are stable? I don’t care about my genitals anymore, my muscles are atrophied because I’m afraid I’ll be paralyzed in bed like ALS,Thank you for your reply

Muscle symptoms are not stable.
It’s gradually getting worse.
This time, the penis deteriorated rapidly, so I wrote it.
I’ve said it many times, but please think that the symptoms are always progressing even during the period when you haven’t written it

1 Like

u hav mitochondrial myopathy?
u hav fasciculation, twtiching and burning hot when u r standing?
whats ur result of EMG?
i did EMG in last year and i was no signal of neuropathy. Now, in this year, i did again same EMG and constated denervation of s1 in sacroiliac.
are u atualized with ur EMG?

I have found magnesium citrate very effective in resolving muscle twitches / fasciculation.

If I don’t take it regularly over the course of the day, the twitches return quickly.

Dose I take is 440mg in morning, 220mg mid day, 440mg at night before sleep. Often more if needed.

Caffeiene, sweating, alcohol, stress - these cause you to excrete magnesium faster. So you will need more depending on circumstances.

Very easy to try - see if it helps.

1 Like

Pete, also develop post-finasteride fasciculations?
How long have you had pfs and fasciculations?
Have you developed any discomfort or pain?