Mifepristone worked

Anyone trying this?

I got someone just finished the one week from another forum, I will check with him in a week to see if he has had any improvements.

7 Likes

Unreal that you almost got cured on mifepristone. I’m a ten year sufferer. In 2017 I took 50MG’s for three days in a row. When I came off of it something was literally turned back on over a three day period coming off. All of my sexual sides recovered to 80 percent pre PFS for five weeks. I slowly lost the gains and fell back to regular baseline.

I think it’s extremely important that we try to figure out the similarities between us. Do you mind if I ask a few questions:

1. do you know if inhibiting aromatase or other wise lowering estrogen makes your regular PFS baseline worse?

2. do you know if your post PFS labs show low, normal or high plasma DHT?

3. do you know if your post PFS labs show low, normal or high estradiol?

4. What else have you tried other then the RU?

5. What other dosages of RU did you experiment with other then the 700MG’s for seven days that almost cured you?

6. would you be willing to have urine Allopregnenolone tested from ZRT lab?

The strategy is to classify different cases of PFS in order to hopefully find patterns that would help people figure out what to take and what to not take. If you have been at this for a while I’m sure you have learned that the only thing PFS cases have in common across the bored is the actual symptoms. But the mechanisms probable differ greatly which is probably why some get better and some get worse in response to the same treatments. There is a PFS guy who took mifepristone already in a PFS state and all his fell out and he got way worse. So evidenced by our trials there are probable different mechanisms behind different cases.

You are correct. Taking mifepristone in a PFS state can be dangerous. I was almost cured by it and had a very similar experience to Ronnie99. I also know a guy who was made much worse from it and all his hair fell out. So both sides of the arguments here are correct.

The bottom line is that we as a community need soldiers to do trials and have labs done so that we can try to figure out why one PFS guy can get improvements from something like mifepristone and why one guy can get made worse from it

I have high plasma DHT readings. Blood DHT testing is likely showing the amount of over all DHT levels in your blood. This probable means my endocrine system is converting larger then normal amounts of T-DHT via 5AR in my own PFS case. However, my saliva DHT which is probable showing the amount of free DHT not being bound and that’s available to bind to androgen receptors is low. This could mean that my endocrine system is binding the DHT for a reason. The point is that there is a lot to this and we are all different.

Now let’s say if there is a hypothetical pattern where my own labs match up with someone else’s labs. We would want to know if there is a correlation with a particular pattern and seeing initial benefits from taking something like mifepristone. This is just one example as to why being opened minded, not trying to explain PFS with blanket explanations and establishing patterns is important

Can you please ask this guy to post his experience on the snap back from RU here as well

There are also studies that show RU blocking androgen receptors to different degrees at different dosages. In woman it’s aborting the fetus by blocking progesterone receptors specifically which is probable why most associate the drug with the progesterone receptors.

I’m aware of one guy who took Mifepristone and had labs done while on it. His progesterone production shot up through the roof.

What labs have you had done ?

Do you know if you are high, low or normal androgens?

I am a very bad case

I was almost cured by taking mifepristone. I tried to replicate the temporary recovery through several more experiments with Mifepristone with no luck. It never made me worse

Inhibiting estrogen makes me worse. Taking Saw p again makes me worse. Increasing certain neurotransmitters makes me worse. There is a lot to this

Ronnie 99 took 700MG for 7 days. This is an extremely high dosage of mifepristone

Are all your sexual sides still cured from that 7 day run of 700mg?

Ronnie99’s experience with mifepristone is consistent with my own and others.

I thought the only way to measure relevant allo levels was by spinal tap. Are you sure about urine test actually being effective for determine neuro active allo levels (i.e., past blood brain barrier)?

I think we need to define “relevant levels” in terms of the context and reasoning behind why we seek this information. This is obviously theoretical. There is not much information available on urine Allopregnenolone levels. As it pertains to plasma Allopregnenolone levels this statement seems to apply to what we are talking about here:

“The brain and plasma concentrations of allopregnanolone are regulated by different mechanisms (Paul and Purdy, 1992)”

Urine shows excretion. So if we are peeing out X amount of Allopregnenolone this gives us an idea as to how much we are producing of that hormone or metabolite. But like you said this is not necessarily telling us what exactly that hormone or metabolite is doing in the CNS. But the point is that if 300 of us have our urine Allopregnenolone levels tested and let’s say half of us have high and half us have low urine levels the significance of this information would be to be determined. For starters if we as a community do this and if this hypothetical scenario plays out we would have discovered that not all PFS suffers are producing the same amounts of Allopregnenolone. What we can do with this information would be experimental.

I currently have high normal urine allopregnenolone levels. I have had and currently do have bad insomnia. I’m considering the possibility that maybe I’m suffering from allopregnenolone tolerance. So maybe based on this information I want to try thisisarealbummers protocol. While let’s say you have the test and discover that you have low urine allopregenolone levels. Maybe this means there is a greater chance of you getting worse from thisisarealbummers protocol. Having some type of warning system prior to doing these experimental things that we all seem to do so much of would be a great thing.

Here is one of the studies that I believe thisisarealbummer cited and bits of information that I copied from it

“The brain concentration of allopregnanolone is significantly higher than the plasma level in both cycling and pregnant female rats, and both brain and plasma levels temporally follow those of progesterone (Corpechot et al., 1993)”

“In humans, allopregnanolone accumulates in the brain and increases in both the brain and plasma during luteal phase of the menstrual cycle (Bixo et al., 1997)”

“Allopregnanolone is rapidly redistributed from the brain, and the first compartment half-life is very short (Purdy et al., 1990; Johansson et al., 2002; Timby et al., 2006)”

“However, long-term clearance is slow, probably due to large accumulation in fat tissue (Zhu et al., 2004; Turkmen et al., 2008)”

“Many of the physiological functions of allopregnanolone in the human brain remain to be determined, but this neurosteroid plays an important role in the regulation of the GABAergic system”

So that was the long answer to your question. The short answer is that we may not need to know exactly what our neuro active allopregnenolone levels are to determine if we have high or low amounts of it in our CNS binding to the Gaba receptors. We may be able to get a good idea based on the overall amounts of Allopregnenolone that we are producing in our hormonal pathways. Which we can see through the amounts we are peeing out.

Did you get the benefits after coming off only? Like in the rebound? @Ronnie99

Yes someone on another forum has finished the 7 day 700mg. Will let you know soon of his experience.

2 Likes
  1. Im not sure weather increasing or lowering estrogen made a difference, I cant recall that.

2. My DHT was measured through the urine, 5a-DHT to be exact and it was high than the range, basically all my urinary androgens were over there ranges. I can sen you the detail test if you want to see.

3. Yes my estradiol is high.

4. Mifepristone was the closest I come to recovery. What also helped alot was 5a-dhp, which is 5a-dihydroprogesterone. This is a precursor to Allopregnenalone. While on it I felt 50 percent cured but after one year it stopped working.

5. That was the only dose pretty much as anything much lower and I beleive doesnt properly cross the blood brwin barrier, and anything to high, then you got to watch the liver and kidney as high does could take a little stress on them.

6. I had my urine Allopregnenalone tested.
    Allopregnanolone
    0.67 Range 0.32-1.20 μg/g Cr

Yes I think becuase we ingested the same drug, everybodys body is different in many ways, but I still think there would be a pattern in there apart from only symptoms.

How did you find about Mifepirstone initially what made you test it ?

Yes after 2 weeks of my last dose I started noticing less anxiety, more libido, energy, brain fog lifted, harder erections. Basically I felt 80-85 pre PAS.

Interesting

So we are both high DHT cases.
Did you ever have DHT tested in blood or saliva or just urine ?

Did you ever try an aromatase inhibitor?

My urine Allopregnanolone is higher then yours at 1.07 . Same unit of measurement and reference range as yours. What lab did you go through for the Allopregnanolone test ? Was it ZRT lab ?

Progesterone converts to 5a-DHP via 5AR.
5a-DHP converts to Allopregnanolone via 3a-HSD

I tried 5a-DHP as well .

Did you say you stayed on the 5a-DHP for a whole year before it stopped working? Dam that’s a long 5a-DHP trial…

What specific symptoms did it help that it stopped helping after a year ?

Sorry for all the questions haha .
If you don’t mind please post your labs here. I’ll post mine here as well

• I had DHT only measured in urine.
  • No I havent tried a AI
  • I done it through a lab here in Australia called Nutripath

Thats why I took 5a- DHP because if the 5 ar is not working, 5a-DHP is a precursor to Allo, so you cut out the 5ar enzyme.

Yes a whole year, at first it was amazing, more energy, clear headed, some libido and overall good sense of well being, then after a year its like it slowly started progressing to a depression, maybe I was taking to much about 10 drops a day.

Below are some of my lab tests, post yohr aswell so we can somewhat compare.

Uploading: 583D69EB-9366-4B85-82F1-BEB1AA59A5F0.png… Uploading: 227F3730-32EF-421E-8BEE-54AC3E8F54E8.png… Uploading: E9EF04FE-6216-42F3-A05A-507E8CE02BE3.png…

Uploading: A3706303-593E-4489-B4A4-31A772169C93.png…

It says files to big, how do I upload the rest of them ?