List of anti-body blood tests

Hi all

if any body is going for AR antibodies tests, 5 AR anti bodies tests or FSH anti bodies test etc, I am willing to share the cost. Please let me know the total cost and once all the detail is agreed upon I will bear some share in the cost for such tests.
I think instead of putting the burden on one we can share it and it will be beneficial for all of us.

Spstriken

I think it would be worthwhile getting a list of antibodies that we should test for, Here is a potential list:

Thyroglobulin (Tg) antibody, FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone) antibody, LH (luteinizing hormone) antibody, TSH (Thyroid-stimulating hormone) antibody, GH (Growth Hormone) antibody, Prolactin antibody, Insulin antibody
This article seems to suggest that the Thyroglobulin antibody test is a very important one if you have thyroiditis:
ukpmc.ac.uk/abstract/MED/6435235 ā€¦ FNgu9jP9.4

Testis Steroid Cell Antibody as per the following article:
endotext.org/pediatrics/pedi ā€¦ rics6.html

GnRH (Gonadotropin-releasing hormone) antibody as per the following article:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21714833

Testosterone antibody

DHT antibody

If anyone can find a research lab that can test for any of the above antibodies, please post here.

5ar2 antibody?

spstriken
if i reckon correctly you are a guy
that has stated recently that you went into a multiple sclerosis type of syndrome after finasteride?
(after mentioning another 4-5 syndromes in the timeperiod of two years before that)

is this true ?
or is it someone else in homeopathy forums writing just like you?

Here an updated list of antibodies which may be worth testing for:

Thyroglobulin (Tg) antibody, FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone) antibody, LH (luteinizing hormone) antibody, TSH (Thyroid-stimulating hormone) antibody, GH (Growth Hormone) antibody, Prolactin antibody, Insulin antibody
This article suggests that the Thyroglobulin antibody test is an important one if you have thyroiditis:

Testis Steroid Cell Antibody (antibody against leydig and sperm cells):

GnRH (Gonadotropin-releasing hormone) antibody:

Testosterone antibody

DHT antibody

5ar2 antibody:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2229323

Anti AR antibody:
jcem.endojournals.org/content/86/10/4814.full).

Receptor-activating autoantibody:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21895478

Pituitary antibody:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9691980

ACTH autoantibody:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15885924

Anti-cytochrome P450 autoantibody:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8987248

1 Like

based on my search tests are much cheaper in India donā€™t know about China, if some body on this forum is from India and is living in India right now, please respond with lab address and cost of tests. I would like to include every possible tests in the list.This will give us some peace of mind.

I dont know much about these therories but Iā€™ll keep an open mind. Iā€™ll call a local lab tomorrow and see if they can do these tests. What exactly do we need tested? Wheather we still have these antibodies or theyā€™re inactive or what?

Thanks for doing this.
Yes - they would need to test for the presence of antibodies, usually in serum (blood sample). There are quite a few ways to test for antibodies, e.g.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELISA

Updated list:

This article suggests that the Thyroglobulin antibody test is an important one if you have thyroiditis:

Testis Steroid Cell Antibody (antibody against leydig and sperm cells):

GnRH (Gonadotropin-releasing hormone) antibody:

Testosterone antibody

DHT antibody

5ar2 antibody:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2229323

Anti AR antibody:
jcem.endojournals.org/content/86/10/4814.full).

Receptor-activating autoantibody:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21895478

Pituitary antibody:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9691980

ACTH autoantibody:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15885924

Anti-cytochrome P450 autoantibody:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8987248

Antinuclear antibodies (a cause of autoimmune liver disease):
antibodypatterns.com/liver.php

Smooth muscle antibodies (a cause of autoimmune liver disease):
antibodypatterns.com/smoothmuscle.php

1 Like

I would like to start with Androgen insenstivity syndrom.I have deleted/changed names and emails of drs.

here is my email correspondence with Dr ā€¦in Idia. If some body in India can contact this doctor and go ahead with tests that will be great. The test is very cheap India only US $332.708. The same tests in US will cost around $1800.
If some of us may start collecting money that will be fine.He can collect checks or through paypal and post each ones donation.

Dear Dr SBij

thank you very much for your response.

Actually my or rather correctly our condition ( yes we are few thousands in numbers and are registered at propeciahelp.com. you can visit us there for more information.

we have got different kind of hypogonadis: .We have seen countless doctors and endocrinologists but present medical approach does not help us. We have tried to treat our hypogonadism by replacing testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) but it does not help us. It does not make us feel or look like a male again.

please click the following link and read the post made by forum administrator " Mew " about the possibility of genetic changes caused by finesteride

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6094&p=50341&hilit=crisler+resistance#p50341

Finally I appreciate your time and help from you or by any person who can offer any help to resolve our condition.

regards

sā€¦

Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 23:24:05 -0700
Subject: Re: Fwd: Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome
To: sā€¦@live.ca
CC: r@gmail.com

Dear Sā€¦

Thanks for your email.
We can offer you genetic testing for Androgen insensitivity syndrome. But you should probably see a doctor for guidance, as this gene is not the only reason for your condition. There may be other reasons for that. For example you also require hormonal assays, a karyotype and clinical evaluation.
We would be happy to guide you if you come to our clinic (genetics) at Sir Ganga ram hospital - Room no F39 daily from monday to saturday.

In case you only wish to go ahead with the AR gene study, then you should send 4 ml blood in EDTA tube with payment of Rs 18000/- (DD in favour of ā€˜Sir Ganga Ram Hospitalā€™) for the same. The address is given below.
best wishes

Dr Sā€¦

Center of Medical Genetics
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital,
Rajinder Nagar
New-Delhi- 110060. INDIA
Ph: Direct lines - +91-11-25861767; 42251993
Helpline 09654290523
Fax number +91 11 2586 2206

ā€” On Tue, 4/24/12, Dr. Rr@gmail.com wrote:

Subject: Fwd: Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome
To: "ic " dr_icXXX@yahoo.com
Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 10:37 AM

please respond
renu

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 24 April 2012 02:07
Subject: Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome
To: rā€¦

Hi

I am suffering from muscle loss, micro penis, small testicles and feminisation. I have tried testosterone replacement therapy but with no effects.After visiting ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/androg ā€¦ y-syndrome I am interested for Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome testing.
I want to know how the test will work and the fee.

could you please send me full detail?

thanks

sā€¦

so what do you guys think?

actually you donā€™t need to be in India, the blood can be sent there through a carrier. I have already described my problem here in Ottawa with my drs.

I thought this is where all the research in Italy was heading and we can get it checked out for $300?

I suppose that would be the best option, however Iā€™m not sure if you can transport blood as simply as sending it with a courier iā€™ve heard than knocking the blood while tranporting it can give inacurate reading?

the blood can also coagulateā€¦it would be better to have it done in the usa right?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Androgen_i ā€¦ her_causes

"Other causes

Some individuals with CAIS or PAIS do not have any AR mutations despite clinical, hormonal, and histological features sufficient to warrant an AIS diagnosis; up to 5% of women with CAIS do not have an AR mutation,[2] as well as between 27% [6][48] and 72% [49] of individuals with PAIS.

In one patient, it was shown that the underlying cause for presumptive PAIS was a mutant steroidogenic factor-1 (SF-1) protein.[50] In another patient, it was shown that CAIS was the result of a deficit in the transmission of a transactivating signal from the N-terminal region of the normal androgen receptor to the basal transcription machinery of the cell.[51] It was suggested that a coactivator protein interacting with the activation function 1 (AF-1) transactivation domain of the androgen receptor was deficient in this patient.[51] The signal disruption could not be corrected by supplementation with any coactivators known at the time, nor was the absent coactivator protein characterized, which left some in the field unconvinced that a mutant coactivator would explain the mechanism of androgen resistance in CAIS or PAIS patients with a normal AR gene.[1]"

If they do just a gene test for the AR, this will show nothing.

Although India may be a cheaper option, i think you may need to fly out there to give blood samples.
Surely there would be logistical problems in sending blood samples such a long distance.

Another option is to use a university hospital in the USA or in the UK, e.g. Cambridge university hospital.
Scroll down the following page for the tests that they offer:
cuh.org.uk/addenbrookes/serv ā€¦ index.html

spstriken

Are you wanting to do the tests asap?
or wait until after awor provides the next medical research update?

yes sooner the better. What Awor is doing great but if we do some thing in parallel would not it bee good? instead of trying herbal or repeated TRT which in 12 years could not help a single one.
Again it will be great if there is some PFS sufferer in India it will make our job easy.
Did some body did any research to find any lab in China? I think there are one or two fin users from China in our forum

Note: if any one calls hospital at the number given in my post above please donā€™t mention propeciahelp.com. I have feelings as soon as I mentioned propeciahelp.com in my mails the doctor I was in contact with stopped responding me. same thing happened when I contacted Chicago university hospital. just talk to them as if you are doing these tests individually.

Definitely another area here well worth exploring. Is your thinking perhaps an autoimmune response by the body against its own hormones/enzymes? This is something I have considered myself for along time now. I will look and see if there is a 5 AR antibody test on ā€œquestā€™sā€ website.

Yes, unfortunately a lot of medical community regards anyone using the internet to dischiper medical conditions as hypochonriac, self-striving physicians. I try to mention the internet as little as possible outside the PFS community and the doctors already familiar with it. At the sametime, the internet is proving to be the fastest and productive way of spreading mass information (even if this information in some cases is false). Our biggest hurdle is that our disease is completely novel and most people, especially doctors it seems are very much against new ways of thinkingā€¦ you would think this world be the opposite.

Two institutes that may be interested/have the facilities to conduct such tests;

-Laboratories of Medical Biochemistry, Immunology, and Biochemical Endocrinology, The Rockefeller University, New York

-Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pennsylvania.

Someone who lives in the area or Continent even.

Quest, holy fuck, ROTFLMAO.