JN's story -- former 2001 Yahoo Group Member

Excellent man

Just a warning to everyone:

One of these days I’m going to declare myself as ‘fully recovered’ from the side effects of finasteride. From being a twisted, anxious wreck of a human being, afraid to go outside, trembling on my bed weighing 48kg, with no sexual function and 2 small drops of water on ejaculation from my shrivelled penis… I am now a highly functional, happy, athletic, successful, positive, jubilant, very sexually active (and sexually successful) individual.

I’ve almost delivered myself. I’m salivating like a wild dog at what life holds for me now. My girlfriend is stunning and cool fun, and I am loving it…best wishes to everyone

JN

T 50mg per week
HCG 250iu twice a week
T3 50mcg a day.

JN -

as a doctor, do u care to hazard a guess as to what the specific connection to finasteride and reverse t3 is? Also - libido is back and better then how it was on DHT? Im curious if your adiol-g has risen on cytomel treatment as your writing may imply.

congrats btw

Golf,

I’ll hazard a guess as a layman, not as a doctor (essentially I am a sufferer, and the title of ‘Dr’ has lost some of its value on this website).

Taking finasteride constitutes a physiological stress.
Cortisol rises and rt3 is produced in preference to t3 as a means of survival.
Some people have a particularly potent physiological survival mechanism (I have read Irish and Indian people in particular; I am half Indian (incl a bit of Persian) a quarter Irish and a quarter English in blood. Therefore the ‘survival’ mechanism got stuck. In most, rt3 will return to baseline.
I reckon people here have low Vit D and low Adiol G as they are both made as a result of 3 HSD enzyme activity (which is thyroid driven). I therefore reckon retesting of these 2 parameters after 12 weeks of T3 will see a return to normal in Vit D and Adiol G.
I reckon young men in particular are affected compared to older men as younger men will naturally have a ‘better’ and more potent cortisol response from their more youthful adrenal glands versus older men.
For me, this feels all rt3 related. I am closely watching for signs of adrenal fatigue but have none yet.

Libido has returned in the last week or so. In a different sort of way. In a proper way. I simply can’t stop trying to shag my girlfriend; she’s spending most evening wriggling free of the various grips I’ve put on her. Great stuff!

Best Wishes

JN

thanks for the explanation - i wouldn’t say your credibility as a doctor is gone. so you will be retesting adiol-g and d3 for us after your 12 week period? excellent.

do you happen to have the paper or a source that shows 3hsd is thyroid driven? Not that i would like to show this to jacobs.

And for the other question, libido is better then it was on your high DHT supplementation?

thanks again

I’d say there has been a reduction in the credibility of the title of ‘DR’ generally on this website. (Not in my reputatioin as a doctor). They have not responded well to our problems. I have not pushed the fact that I am a doctor on this website. I am here as a patient and as a sufferer!

Libido is difficult to quantify. I would say that my libido is higher than when I was on DHT, partly because it is accompanied with very good erectile function, which has the effect of propagating libido further. I am happy with my libido at the moment, but in coming weeks I believe it will increase further. I have nocturnal erections and morning erections, although I feel I am at the right stage of my treatment (I am 8 weeks into a treatment which should last 12 weeks…it takes 12 weeks to displace rt3 from receptor sites). Do I feel like I have third of the way to go? Yes, I do. I am not yet totally better. But I’m damn close. This time it’s different.

I won’t be getting Adiol G test done as it’s not done in Australia and I’m not spending another 4000 dollars sending it on ice to USA.
I will recheck VIt D, however.

NO, I don’t have a source to hand re, 3 HSD being thyroid driven. But you can probably find one easily on medline, pubmed etc…

JN

well ill certainly say adiolg is not a regular test here either, but its unfortunate no labs offer it there. thanks for keeping us updated.

Jn what do you think about people who have been tested for this and have come back within range? Could it still be the problem for them due to t3/rt3 ratios which anonn1 has some posts about and how would they ever get treated?

U would treat it the same way,blood tests mean nothing with thyroid probs because their is no way to test if t3 is working at the cellular level

So what your saying bigmike is every should take the t3 jn is on and be done with it…i mean if it works that is GOLD. But i know that im probably not going to be able to get the meds to give it a try unless i have high rt3 because New Zealand has tight drug regulations and basicly nothing is available without perscription, and you cant get anything into the country if you buy it over the net from another country.

JN, this is a succinct and excellent post and makes the most sense related to me of anything I’ve read about the mechanism of damage and how we got here. I will post my experience as how it relates on my member story as to keep this thread on topic but to note, I’m 1/4 Irish too.

FYI, I think it’s a lot cheaper to fly to the US and give a blood sample than spend $4k sending it over on ice.

My family is all Irish on my mother’s side and I have hypothyroid symptoms/adrenal fatigue numbers.

:bulb: Get tested

Sorry i’ll read word my question, my mistake:

If rt3 turns out to be the universal problem to pfs no matter the result returned, in range, outta range, what ever(even though jn was well out of range high) how are people within range ever going to get treated, i mean i wontgiveups doctor said they wont treat him and he was out of range…what if someone returns something like 27(11-32) they could be stuck like this for a long time.

Also out of curiosity how many dark skin men are there on the forum?

one would go to a generic bodybuilding forum in their country and post a question about t3 and ask how to acquire it

one would then receive one or multiple pm’s in most cases with a price list

then one would send money in a signed envelope to that person

one would then receive t3 in their mail

one could also get it online at various pharmacies

I am certainly aware that T3 is readily available as it is used by BBs, often in conjunction with HGH.

JN

JN,

Forgot to ask you, have you or are you currently taking pregnolone as well?
Good to see you are doing great bro.

time released t3 is most likley the cure for all of us,except for the people who developed an autoimmune thyroid disease in which case they would have to take t4.

that would be just fantastic… lets hope - though that would be an outrageously simple answer for a problem that has gone on for 10 years.

Somehow I doubt this would reverse muscle loss…

Off topic from JN, but Golf what is your story? Did you have bad sides which never went away or did you crash?