I think PFS is an autoimmune disorder

The liver makes a ton of binding proteins and carrier proteins. I wonder if the drugs we took impacted the structure or production of carrier proteins needed to transport the hydrophobic steroid hormones.

For example, SHBG and androgen binding protein are two different proteins that carry androgens.

Facci sapere! :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

Let us just concentrate on auto immune HMGCR antibodies. There is some reason I have become active on this forum after a long time. I felt many times to have recovered but then relapsed. There is no other explanation other than autoimmune.

We should also not ignore there is a guy( I do not remmeber his ID) who experimented with statins after sides from Fin and his sides got worse. This is strong evidence that Stains sides and Fin sides are the same.And the only persistent sides caused by statins are due to HMGCR antibodies.
Fin, saw palmetto and Accutan all mess up with cholesterol. The problem is, it is hard to find any studies done from HMGCR antibodies angle. But the lack of evidence and studies does not mean that Fin, saw palmetto and Accutan are innocent. I am 100% confident side caused by Statins and Fin are the same and this is due to mess up with cholesterol.

Beta-sitosterol is main ingredient of saw palmetto
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7570607---
These results suggest that beta-sitosterol reduces the gonadal steroid biosynthetic capacity through effects on cholesterol availability or the activity of the side chain cleavage enzyme P450SCC. These findings raise the possibility that beta-sitosterol could be a contributing factor to the reproductive dysfunction observed in fish exposed to BKME.

A paralog of the HMGCR gene is the SCAP genes. Just throwing that out there in case its of use to you during your research.

“This gene encodes a protein with a sterol sensing domain (SSD) and seven WD domains. In the presence of cholesterol, this protein binds to sterol regulatory element binding proteins (SREBPs) and mediates their transport from the ER to the Golgi.”

Can you please guide me through your thought process? How do antibodies targetting the HMGCR genes and or proteins give rise to our symptoms?

1 Like

I am not going into more scientific depth.It is not my domain. My goal is to show that Fin, Saw palmetto, Betasitosterol, and Accutane etc are cholesterol disruptors (and possibly all of them are HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor too). If these substances are HMGCR inhibitors, then we can say possibly just like Statins they are also creating HMGCR antibodies.

1 Like

I’m not saying that I agree with your theory. But according to this wiki, the HMG-CoA reductase causes the mevalonate pathway ultimately results in the production of a ton of isoprenoids, steroid hormones included. I don’t know how to dig much farther on that in your scope, but perhaps antibodies attacking the reductase enzymes prevent formation of certain steroid hormones or other isoprenoids we need to feel well. This is a huge stretch obviously, and would need evidence and research.

I agree with you. I was thinking the same way maybe this is the reason we are low in VitD, Q10, and enzymes produced by adrenal glands. Maybe this is the reason our cholestrol went up after PFS, because not being used to sub enzymes.

1 Like

Beta-sitosterol inhibits HMGCR

Effect of micellar beta-sitosterol on cholesterol metabolism in CaCo-2 cells

Cholesterol synthesis and HMG-CoA reductase activities were decreased in cells incubated with beta-sitosterol
Despite its lack of effect on cholesterol trafficking, beta-sitosterol decreases cholesterol synthesis at the level of HMG-CoA reductase gene expression.

–Disruption of cholesterol homeostasis by plant sterols–
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC516266
HMG-CoA reductase activity was reduced in the adrenal glands of the G5G8–/– mice.
To determine whether the markedly reduced levels of cholesterol in the adrenal glands of the G5G8–/– mice resulted in an increase in endogenous cholesterol synthesis, we measured the activity of HMG-CoA reductase (HMGCR), the rate-limiting enzyme in cholesterol biosynthesis, in microsomes isolated from G5G8–/– and wild-type mice. The activity of HMGCR was reduced 40% in the knockout animals (Figure ​(Figure3).3). This observation is consistent with reductions seen in levels of two biosynthetic precursor sterols in the G5G8–/– adrenal glands: a 58% reduction in lathosterol (see below) and a 47% reduction in desmosterol (data not shown). This is also consistent with our previous finding that the rate of cholesterol synthesis in the adrenal glands of the knockout animals was reduced by 40% (6). Thus, the reduction in the cholesterol content of the adrenal glands failed to stimulate an increase in cholesterol synthesis in the G5G8–/– mice.

Interesting! It’s hard to connect these dots to our condition, but I think you’re onto something. Especially with the other thread detailing how statins may cause symptoms like ours. Thanks for your input and articles.

it is time to see if we do have HMGCR antibodies

If some body needs, I can share upto 50% the cost of the test. Please PM me.

https://www.questdiagnostics.com/testcenter/BUOrderInfo.action?tc=94415&labCode=AMD

Test Code

CPT Code(s)

Please call Quest 866-697-8378 and get price.

1 Like

I couldn’t see how much it costs to perform this. Can you tell us what the price is?

I will put in as well

Is there an angle on cure for that yet ?

Can I suggest that you start a new topic and give an overview of what you’re doing, how, the costs and what you hope to achieve?

2 Likes

I’ll be glad to go for the test in January, when my insurance will cover it. Do I need a dr’s request to schedule it?

1 Like

Here is another lab RDL Reference Lab. I just spoke to their Rep and they will perform the test.
The test is very cheap only $25. Please print requisition from the link, fill it out and take to your doctor. you can send blood through courier to the lab.
Test Code (1809): http://www.rdlinc.com/test_menu/anti-hmgcr-antibodies-2/
Form: http://www.rdlinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/requisition-form-2015-page1_2.pdf

I will search other labs too and will post their price.

Please do this test.

1 Like

Are you sending one in? I’m Canadian don’t know if that matters

The presence of HMGCR antibodies is associated with myopathy-like diseases. Not really the symptoms we have. But for that price, I’ll take the test anyways to see if we have antibodies or not to HMGCR.