I think PFS is an autoimmune disorder

monthly intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) therapy. ?
has any body tried it here?

2 Likes

If you search all of these are inhibitor of HMGCR and all of these cause PFS . Is this just a coincidence? I think we are on target now.
1- Accutane
2- Statins
3- Minxoxidil
4- Finasteride
5- Metformin
6- Saw Palmetto

1 Like

It is not a coincidence. @Andrea what do you think about it?

@axolotl your thought?

what about Andrea and axolotl?
I have been kind of inactive on this forum for the last few years.

1 Like

Do you know if perhaps your friend simply had hypogonadism? Your theory is really interesting because I had out of range (high) levels of LDL and low HDL. Iā€™m young so my doctor just shrugged it off and said ā€œyou probably had a fatty mealā€ but I was in a fasted state.

My ldls are high as well.

1 Like

My lipid profile was altered after finasterideā€¦

1 Like

This study shows that people had altered, although not statistically significant differences in triglycerides after 6 months of finasteride. HDL decreased, and LDL didnā€™t change according to them.

Mine was high before.

Not at all. He is father of 5 kids. Never had any issue.

There was a time when people were debating if sides of Finasteride are unique But now we know sides of Fin, Accutane, and saw palmetto are the same.

I will make more posts soon, which will show that indeed HMGCR antibodies is PFS. I already thinking PFS finally has been resolved. All we need is few of us who can go for HMGCR antibodies tests.

Are there lab-grade tests with ranges available for such a test? Awor just posted a thread about statins and their potential PFS-like damage.

Just google or contact hopkinsmedicine maybe they can help
Media Contact: Stephanie Desmon
410-955-8665; sdesmon1@jhmi.edu

Iā€™d like to have a dollar for everytime Iā€™ve heard that oneā€¦

3 Likes

Wait, you have proof that all of these are an inhibitor of HMGCR enzyme, just like statins? I would assume having our lipid profile go out of whack would have some serious downstream effects. Along with the dependence of T cells (T regs) on HMGCR which could lead to autoimmunity. https://www.nature.com/articles/cddis2017221

What other information can you share, this is actually pretty interesting.

Like I said my friend has each and every single symptoms we have from Fin/Saw palmetto. Like
1- Very low Testosterone. He has no night time erections . HE told me he has no desires now.
2- Impaired digestion
3- fatigue
4- body hair loss. He was a hairy person, now his legs became bald.
5- wakes up midnight with no reason. His sleep is no more deep.
6- Racing heart
7- Very low out of range Vtiamin D
8- Cold hands and feet
9- Blurry vision.
10- Pre-Diabetic

Tell me which of his symptoms is different from us.
Ask me any questions and I will ask him. To me 100%.

Now if you search for statins side effects, you only find HMGCR anti bodies caused myopathy. what other issue statins cause?
statins do cause Erectile Dysfunction

1 Like

Iā€™m not disagreeing with you, just kind of questioning you further to see how your friend feels and what not. Do you know if your friend has tried TRT or anything to seek improvement?

@Demon itā€™s interesting.
@spstriken you have done a very good job.
Also your friend has almost all my symptoms immediately after crash.
Especially impaired digestion and blurry vision are not directly correlated with androgen deficiency.
I donā€™t think there is a lot of information in medical literature but I will ask to my dad and the other docs about it.

1 Like