I think PFS is an autoimmune disorder

I take a powerful biological drug for rheumatoid arthritis. A stopped taking it for a full year then restarted. No change in symptoms or activity. My rheum Proff advised it’s the best drug on the market for auto immune. Though it sums down the t cells Though PFS could get its power from another immune pathway.

1 Like

It’s a medicine for the prevention of and treatment of malaria.

1 Like

I was prescribed it fro my rheum in the 90s

Yes, i see here many people with autoinmune disorders, much more % than in a random sample. Also, I think there are many people with autoinmune problems but they are not aware of.
So, i do think is highly related.

1 Like

Why isn’t everyone here who thinks it is autoimmune related doing a carnivore diet? Why wonder? Just do carnivore diet.

I for one think it is autoimmune related, and perhaps pure autoimmune but those are my thoughts. But doing a carnivore diet may work for a type of autoimmunity but there’s so many different kinds. Just like there are different medications for different autoimmune diseases. “Autoimmune” treatment is in its absolute prehistoric stages more so than psychiatry so analyze everything and don’t take much for face value

3 Likes

What does a carnivore diet have to do with autoimmunity?

Daughter of the former directory of psychology department at Harvard University: https://youtu.be/58DMzrONyNk

I’m also of the opinion that there’s an autoimmunity component involved. Autoimmunity of all kinds causes immune system activation leading to release of inflammatory cytokines and inflammation. The body fights back via elevating HPA (stress hormones). Inflammation can also be a result of injuries, sickness, allergy, gut dysbiosis and emtional traumas.

1 Like

Ive had rheumatoid from age 14. It took nigh on 2 years to get a proper diagnosis. My body/immune system was reacting to many things. Some you’d never expect. Looking back unchecked there were a number of similarities except for the mental and masculinity sides. Real time reactions to foods was very similar. There could be a link which would be only part of the jigsaw.

deep sigh
Please keep your Jordan Peterson fanboyism to yourself.

Has it occurred to you that having a psychologist as a dad doesn’t make her an authority on nutritional science in the slightest?

Carnivore diet is a fad diet. Paleo is a fad diet. Keto is a fad diet. JP is a poet conservative.
There is no scientific reason for health benefits behind these diets no matter how many PhD’s her daddy got.

1 Like

Does Jordan still being treated in Russia?

When I was taking SP I had severe scalp acne. I have heard other few had the same…I then was subscribed accutane by two dermatologists -professors- one in Turkey and another one in the UK and after my doctor sister urged me to take it I accepted taking accutane as I was afraid of having bald patches (scalp acne destroys follicules) at a low dose, kind of felt something bad would happen.

I now think scalp acne was possibly an AI response to SP - I have AI disorder history in the family too.
Still at times when I feel have high T scalp acne comes back. A dermatologist prof later confirmed it is mostly high T that causes scalp acne but the damage is done already.

I too believe AI response is part of the puzzle…

1 Like

Wtf? Are you here to get better or sit and complain about how fucked you are? Don’t care who her father is beyond that he’s famous scientist and she clearly not someone needing to make money by selling fake stories.

1 Like

Yes but I think it is an immunosuppressive

All I’m trying to tell you is that your reasoning for this woman to be remotely an authority on nutritional treatments is lousy. Also this isn’t the first time you’ve mentioned this person.

A lot of people like being in the spotlights no matter how much money they already have so that argument doesn’t hold much ground either, because they certainly have something (influence) to gain by selling you fake stories.

Yes I’m trying to get better. I hope everyone here does.
I just think it would benefit everyone in this community if people would just put a little more effort in double-checking whether their assumptions are substanciated, instead of assuming they are true because a girl with a famous dad said something.

1 Like

Relax man no one is claiming carnivore is the best way of eating in the world for everyone and that anyone is the absolute authority on how everyone should eat. Just informing that carnivore is tremendous for autoimmune problems as demonstrated by the story of Michaela Peterson and many others. Sorry if you are a vegetarian or something and it’s abhorrent to you for semi-religious reasons. The facts are the facts, though. Most autoimmune issues are influenced by diet and carnivore addresses that completely.

3 Likes

I tried cyclosporine 50, 100, 200 mg … didn’t do a shit, except cold or skin rash, ok it was powder from China lab so it was very likely to be fake. I’m writing this and it’s so crazy.

1 Like

In July 2017, Prof. Roberto Cosimo Melcangi and his UniMi team published Phase I of their research, an article in The Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology entitled Neuroactive Steroid Levels and Psychiatric and Andrological Features in Post Patients -finasteride.
According to this study, patients with PFS suffer from altered levels of critical regulators of brain function, such as neuroactive steroids. The research also found evidence of pudendal nerve neuropathy among those with severe erectile dysfunction.

Nineteen months later, this time in collaboration with the Cajal Institute and the Carlos III Health Institute, both in Madrid, Prof. Melcangi’s team published Phase II of his research, an article on Psychoneuroendocrinology entitled Treatment of male rats with finasteride, an inhibitor of the enzyme 5alpha-reductase, induces long-lasting effects on depressive behaviors, hippocampal neurogenesis, neuroinflammation and composition of the intestinal microbiota.
“Finasteride treatment causes several changes in the hippocampus,” the section of the brain responsible for long-term memory processing and emotional responses, the study demonstrated. It also showed evidence of (i) long-term depressive behavior, (ii) changes in neurogenesis, gliosis and increased levels of inflammatory cytokines in the hippocampus and (iii) changes in the composition of the gut microbiota that was present one month after the discontinuation of subchronic treatment of young male rats with finasteride.

And in July of this year, the team released Phase III, designed to “study whether epigenetic changes occur in patients with PFS” and which has successfully demonstrated epigenetic changes in patients with PFS.

Endo-2019-Silvia-Divicarro

Entitled “Alteration of the methylation model of the SRD5A2 gene in the cerebrospinal fluid of post-finasteride patients”, the pilot study was published in Endocrine Connections. His most notable finding: “The SRD5A2 promoter was more frequently methylated in the CSF of patients with PFS than the controls (56.3 versus 7.7%).” As Melcangi explained, methylation of the SRD5A2 promoter could cause some of the persistent side effects in patients with PFS.

I think spf is a big problem of the sistem nervous.
I think spf is a big problem of microbiota.

1 Like

Sun Protection Factor

1 Like