I think PFS is an autoimmune disorder

Unfortunately CFS is in untreatable,they know this disease from twenty-five years but the etiology remain absolutely a mistery,ironically we without founds know more about our syndrome then them.
however interesting to learn about this immunosuppressive treatment.

CFS and PFS has a lot in common if there is a possible treatment for CFS that could apply to the PFS patients too. There is no way the fact we cannot get cold anymore to be just a coincidenceā€¦

3 Likes

My bad I didnā€™t really respond the questionā€¦ I donā€™t think we can go under any treatment for now as our condition didnā€™t official exist in the medical literature.
otherwise the chronic fatigue is certainly one of the most relevant problems for many affected by our condition, I myself suffer intensely from it to the point of having to live bedridden for almost a year and half now.
A link between cfs and pfs/pssd/pas is possible in my view.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had a few colds since having pfs.

You could make a case for all 3 of these drugs, Fin, SSRIs and Accutane already having some immunosuppressive properties. Im sure you could also find some conflicting studies as well. They say acne itself might be part of an overactive immune response.

Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors as a novel class of immunosuppressants

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1567576914000848

1 Like

I got a cold/ was sick while having PFS. Not sure if I have them less often or not though. Last time was over new years 2018/2019 (fever and everything) and before PFS I had them once per year for two/three days. However it is not true that we cant have a cold, at least not as a general statement. Maybe you could make a case for less frequently.

I am not saying that after getting PFS you cannot get cold anymore, I am comparing with what I used to be before and after PFS. Before I had flu at least 3 times every winter, only the winter, I was getting colds even at the summer time, not for 2.5 years I had 2 mild colds that lasted only few days, with no fever, just sore throat. Some of you guys cannot compare before with after as many of you were more resistant to colds before PFS, so you canā€™t really distinguish the difference. Apparently my immune system works differently than before and this is not coincidence.

2 Likes

The doctor from the video says that they use SSRI for the neurological issues and if it doesnā€™t work they use other immunosuppressive drugs to remove the immune blockade of the receptors, but this what you posted is quite interestingā€¦

Has anybody done HMGCR antibodies test yet?

spstriken, Thank You for staying on the forum and letting us know your progress all these years. You are a true hero to many.

Thanks and Good Luck to You!

ll_amp_Prosper

21h

spstriken, Thank You for staying on the forum and letting us know your progress all these years. You are a true hero to many.

Thanks and Good Luck to You!

Thanks but just to let me know this? What about the question I asked, HMGCR Aboties.

Would this be related to creatine kinase? Im guessing a few have tested that. Im pretty sure I have, it wasnt abnormal I believe. I have been to a rheumatologist and had many tests done there short of a muscle biopsy. Muscle weakness was a main complaint of mine.
This could also be neurological, vascular or both.
Ive had a few abnormal results for both.

CREATINE KINASE, TOTAL

107 my result

44-196 U/L range

Similar results I have had.

Would love to revive the thread, Iā€™m on the train that PFS is autoimmune. Makes sense with all the info we have.

4 Likes

I realize Iā€™m late to the partyā€¦BUTā€¦

If this is an Autoimmune situation where the hormone receptors are being blockedā€¦then wouldnā€™t it be a worthwhile attempt to take an AI suppressing med while on TRT?

I think so. Maybe just an immunosuppressant + TRT would do a trick

2 Likes

Perhaps it is attacking 5ar2
When I was on Test and Masteron I was having more sex and libido was high compared to what I was feeling because of this poison.
So the Masteron bypassed or circumvented the lack of 5ar2ā€¦just speculation but al Iā€™m left to believeā€¦so 5ar2 bring sttscked didnā€™t matter because I was provided DHT alternatives to replace it

This syndrome is so SO FUCKED.
Even if guys are recovered there is still structural damage
Iā€™m considering stem cell treatment which doesnā€™t apply to this thread I realize
That wonā€™t fix the root problem
That will only address physical damage to our bodies

1 Like

@sg8627

Please take the member survey. Click the bar graph icon next to the search (magnifying glass) button at the top of the page.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a few people here who tried stem cell without any improvements. Plus stem cell treatment is a bit dangerous since the cells That grow cannot be controlled so you can have teeth/hair and other weird shit growing afterwards.

Not trying to sound like a jerk or anything
But your telling me if I get stem cells injected into my dick that other things will grow inside of it?
Iā€™ve honestly never heard of this

1 Like