Have you tried the CDnuts protocol?

I went from 1000 ui of vitamin D3 to 10000 ui of vitamin D2 and 1000 ui of vitamin D3. I’m seeing an improvement on my sleep. I wake up just as often, but I’m very drowzy, go back to sleep immediately and sleep is giving me good rest, so no fatigue in the day time.

I increased to 20000ui of D2 as well as 1000 ui of vitamin D3, also increased magnesium intake and the results were not so good. Nights were more hellish, feeling less rested in the day time. So I went back to a total of 11000 ui. I will test if half of that gives better results.

Vitamin D is often deficient in pfs sufferers (it is in me according to my blood test) and we need it to transform tryptophan into 5-HydroxyTriptophan (5-HTP) which in turn makes serotonine and melatonine (the sleep hormone !). It also takes magnesium and calcium for this transformation to take place.

No doudts, those suffering from anxiety and insomnia like me have a lack of serotonine, melatonine, dopamine, endorphine, allopregnanonlone and tetrahydrodeoxycorticosterone (WTF is that right ? It is synthesized from deoxycorticosterone with the help of 5α-reductase (oups) and some other stuff we have right). All promotes calm, peace, a sense of contentment, and relaxation and all are pretty messed up for those of us with the neurological symptoms. Apparently, the GABA receptors in the brain are also not working properly. Benzodiazepine like Alprazolam works directly with the GABA receptors, relieving both anxiety, insomnia and erectile dysfunction.

Allopregnanolone activate the GABA (A) receptors. Of all damage done by finasteride, allopregnanolone got the worst. Taurine can also help activate the GABA (A) receptors. I will try it.

I just noticed the protein shake I take everyday contains tons of amino acids, including Arginine, Glycine, Tryptophan, Tyrosine, Glutamine and all three BCAA, Isoleucine, Leucine and Valine.

To fix insomnia, I read GABA (250-750 mg) and glycine (1000 mg) work in pair to improve sleep. Some says 5gr of Glycine before bed works better (!!!)

Also read 5-HTP (normal people produce that from Tryptophan) and L-Theanine can fix insomnia.

I read elsewhere that taking all four of them plus Glutamine would fix insomnia. Those also helps for anxiety and depression. Add Tyrosine to the mix and brain fog should disappear.

@alteredlife also take L-Arginine and L-Citruline as well as Glutamine to fix sexual symptoms as well as muscular ones. Thanks to your success alteredlife, I’ll use aminos to experiment on the neurological symptoms (those are what curses me), and if we find a cure, I will pay your airplane ticket to Stockholm so we can go pick up our Nobel prize together. (ha ha !)

I should also note for those with zero night time erection and complete erectile dysfonction, if this is going on for too long you may end up with structural problems to your penis. We actually get nocturnal erections to prevent that. Good news, if you take Alprazolam it fixes that problem (although it’s another problem of itself).
I took Alprazolam for 1 month before being prescribed a less addictive sleeping pill, and during the time I took it, I was horny as hell, needed to have sex everyday, had strong erection and orgasm. All of which went back to what it was before when I stopped. So it’s not a cure at all, but it can prevent structural damage to your family jewels.

Some of what I found:

http://anabolicapex.com/2017/01/30/allopregnanolone/

1 Like

I thought gaba doesn’t cross the blood brain barrier?

Thanks for the reply, yeah I think I’ll try a few of them and see what happens. Worth a shot i guessed since they’re cheap enough to buy.

That’s really good to hear about the scar, i have loads of them now and they get inflamed and go red if i touch them, so it’s nice to see even after two years the cells can still fix themselves. Any injury I get stays painful unfortunately, nothing is healing properly at all but it’s nice there’s hope.

1 Like

what about tei (trace elements inc.)?

“I thought gaba doesn’t cross the blood brain barrier?”

Apparently it could have an effect via the enteric nervous system.

But I don’t care about that. Some people say they have results, some don’t, and the bottle is $8.55. It’s worth a shot.

Allopregnanolone is the most hit and it regulates the GABA (A) receptors. With those receptors unregulated, you get sexual disorders as well as neurological ones. You need the 5-AR to produce allopregananolone so too bad for us. But Taurine also help regulate the GABA (A). So I’ll try that.

Alprazolam also act on the GABA (A) and this is why those with sexual disorder gets from some to complete relief of their sexual symptoms while on this (addictive) drug.

Anyway, as @devolution says, amino acid are cheap and not dangerous. So why not try ?

Update to this:

Im still on the protocol, still improving. Libido has come back a bit, but still nowhere near normal. Can get erections just by thinking about women in general. Considering that I was impotent for nearly two months, this is pretty great. Depression is not an issue anymore, though I do feel pretty hopeless sometimes. Oh well, just gotta ride it out.

Downsides:

My short term memory is fucking horrible, I legit go to a room and forget what im supposed to do there. Over and over again. Also i feel like a different person compared to who i was pre fin.

Still recommend everyone giving the protocol a go, just a month ago i was suicidal, now im living a pretty functional life again.

1 Like

Cdnuts isn’t a fraud btw, i’ve seen a pic of the dude and he has a scar from a hair transplant on his head. Hair transplant means hes taken Propecia.

which protocol? the cdnuts?

Yup, the cdnuts protocol

how long have you been on it? didi you fast?

I have started his protocol. I just fasted for 72 hours and went into juicing - will be juicing for 2 weeks then going straight into paleo diet/exercise/testosterone herb cycling/cold showers. Will report here my progress

8 posts were split to a new topic: Collagen experiment

Taking L-Tyrosine 1000mg and 5-HTP 100mg, first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach may help with memory. A little exercise after breakfast to acivate all that helps (I jump on a trampoline until if feel my blood running). That’s what I’m doing and memory has improved but it’s just my opinion and I’m not a doctor.

Before anyone with PFS attempts naturopathic protocols it might be a good idea to understand how these protocols will affect your key hormones or receptors for example testosterone, DHT, estrogen, cortisol etc. You also need to know how sensitive you are to changes to these key hormones. That’s not a complete list but just a few examples.

Cold showers are great for depression but they can increase cortisol. If you already have high cortisol then it could leave you feeling wired or struggling to sleep especially if you shower a few hours before bed.

Fasting can lower androgen’s/testosterone which some here have found it made their symptoms temporarily/permanently worse. There are those who have already seem symptoms improve from fasting and some who gained nothing from it.

Juicing – high amounts of vegetables can influence your key hormones and have the potential to make symptoms drastically worse or better.

With so many hormones and receptors influenced by such an extensive range of naturopathic treatments you might need to proceed with caution and be prepared to document everything.

If you are new to PFS then trying to learn about all these protocols and how they will affect your body will be overwhelming at first and could lead to mistakes at the expense of your own health. Ask yourself if you are willing to go through everything and identify the benefits and the risks. If not it might be better to hire someone who can guide you through the process. If you make things permanently worse you will only look back with regret and wish you had.

Given the number of suicides on the forum lately is yet another reminder that PFS is such a dangerous condition. I would rather see someone use a service if it means they are safer than experimenting alone in the dark and don’t risk aggravating their condition to the point that they feel they have nothing left to live for. Yes a service costs money but that may seem very cheap compared to the alternative in which self experimentation costs you your life. The potential to make things much worse is frightening. As for the monetary cost of improving your health, you will need to decide what that’s worth. GL

1 Like

@Andrew35

These are some great insights. This is where establishing a baseline come into play and by that I’m referring to getting a comprehensive bloodwork done before attempting any potential rememdies.

I often see PFS’ers follow certain radical approaches that could turn to be counterproductive to their specific case. Simply put, what worked for others might not work for you in a similar fashion. We are biochemically different after all.

That being said, there are always symptoms to look for and parameters to consider (based on bloodwork & other testings) that help connect the dots.

Who are you referring to hire to help through the process? I’ve been battling for 7 months and it is getting worse, my body is now very feminine, total muscle wastage, joint pain, and my endocrinologist appointment isn’t for another month.

Would a radical approach be a 3-5 day juice feast? Is this not a good idea?

Any decent naturopath would be worth speaking to first. This is in relation to the guys who are new to PFS and risk making things worse by panicking and trying things out. Cdnuts protocol contains many of the well established natural treatments however some of these are capable of making things worse for some guys. I’ve never been to cdnuts so I don’t know what he does for guys. However, if he is able to stop guys from making mistakes and messing up their bodies then I’d think that was a better option than playing Dr. Some of the young guys go off the boil and start trying various things without really understanding what they are doing. That’s a dangerous situation.

1 Like

I wish we’d stop talking about cdnuts. It’s all bullshit.