Gents93 story - Post Aromatase Inhibitor Syndrome

hey @gents93 have you ever tried progesterone cream? Assuming that your issue is estrogen receptor insensitivity then wouldnt progesterone cream help treat that since progesterone is able to resensitize the estrogen receptors?

no I haven’t. I don’t think it would do anything, and probably make me worse off. I urge you not to try things because that is how I became much worse.

Hey @gents93 could you please take the survey? We need everyone on here to advance our common cause. Thank you :pray:t2:

@gents93 some of your symptoms makes no sense and overlaps between high/low e2.
-why you say you have better energy when low e2 causes fatigue.
-if you penis is over sensitivity well you obviously have not low e2.
-nolvadex makes people feel like shit, no surprise there.

that’s because you did not read my posts correctly. i don’t have low e2. my E2 is in the normal range. same thing with my testosterone.

what i believe i have is severe estrogen insensitivity through some unknown mechanism that is analogous to PFS/PAS etc.

and before i developed this issue, nolvadex NEVER made me “feel like shit.” i had zero adverse reactions from it.

after i developed this issue, nolvadex made me worse and caused so many extreme symptoms.
“no surprise there” considering it’s an estrogen agonist in some tissues and the same thing happens to PFS patients when anything binds to their androgen receptors

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Bad reaction to aromatase inhibitors (PAIS?)

-Logically, I stopped Arimidex, and within 96 hours I began to feel almost normal again. I lost a lot of water weight through urination, my muscles became full looking again and my low mood lifted. But, I still did not feel exactly as I did before.

Broooooo arimidex crash may last weeks up to months. You should have waited more, not only 96 hours.

I dont get what this log is about. It seems you have low estrogen symptoms? They should have resolve whit time (weeks-months), and if they don’t, meaby aromatase didn’t fully got back to normal
Or meaby you SHBG got too high by some uknown mechanism?
Have you checked for that?

this has nothing to do with aromatase. it’s 3 years later and have not taken an arimidex since. things have only gotten dramatically worse.

i’ve checked everything. shbg etc. my aromatase enzyme gene works perfectly fine as i still make estrogen. you’re way off, no offense.

3 Likes

I dont believe ER is fucked up. No evidence to support such claims. I will even say is bro science.
No such thing has been described in the medical literature, at least not acquired. Must be something else, is pretty enigmatic to be honest. Hope you find the solution my man.

All the best

first, wtf is “bro science,” that’s a shit term that was used heavily in 2010.

anyway, there was no evidence to help support pfs until very recently but even then there was and still is thousands of suffering.

while i have no scientific evidence besides anecdotal which is the least strong, i could NOT imagine what you would be doing on this site for you to comment something like that on my post

5 Likes

Those antidepressants killed the empathy in my brain man. Im messed up just like you.
And what hurts more is no one gets it.
Sorry for being so harsh, hope you understand I wasnt mean to

Be careful with arimidex sometimes it causes spikes in blood calcium and that’s makes you extremely tired of that happens check your blood calcium if it is close to 11 that means a real danger. Usually it returns to normal after body adapts if not you will get serious mental and physical side effects from it.

I dont have breast cancer dude wtf why I will take arimidex

For anyone still reading this thread, the issue is potentially, and in my personal experience very likely, to be a neurodegenerative disease that is autoimmune and induced by arimidex. My symptoms from using Arimidex mimic either Parkinson’s Disease or Multiple Sclerosis, two conditions highly dependent on environmental insults.
This is documented in research.

Estrogen agonists like Tamoxifen are documented as causing Parkinson’s

3 Likes

Hi guys, I am currently experiencing exactly what you have. I used to go by Tommy6565 15 years ago after I got PFS. I was hoping to come back with a cure story because I was on HCG 1000 IUs per day last year and working out like a mad man. I felt good enough to call it a full recovery and was continually improving as opposed to the initial feeling great and then falling off. I will make another member story or update the old one if I can get in but need help now.

Anyway, i am here because i had an interruption in HCG which led me to be unable to recreate the initial response. I held on at 700 IUs which helped me function well but i had some E2 sides. I fought using the Arimidex for over a year but finally gave in and tried it. Horrible mistake. First 2 weeks were a roller coaster and at week three i had chest pain and a panic attack. I stopped immediately after that but here’s the weird thing. I was on HCG tghe whole time. 700 IUs daily. I was doing frequently bloodwork and my E2 and total estrogens were high THE WHOLE TIME.

Since then i have gone through a few crashes despite doing what i thought was the right thing after reading this thread - decreasing the HCG dose. I dropped it to 550 for a month and some things got better like ball and prostate pain, but most got worse and then leveled off. I dropped again to 400 where I am now and realized that while dropping HCG, my E2 and T are going UP NOT DOWN!? None of this seems possible.

Anyway, here is the real ask and why I posted this before doing a member story. My Dr. says this is not possible, despite believing and seeing PFS before. He wants to believe me but I see he is skeptical. I need guidance from one of the guys here. I am at 400 and having horrible anxiety as my E2 went from 56-78-98 as I dropped the HCG dose. I do not want to increase E2 again but feel like I am in a catch 22. Would you recommend:

1. keeping at 400 so as not to mess further
  2. dropping completely in the hopes that no LH in the body couldn’t possible increase E2 and T again? (Hopefully?)
  3. Increase the dose since paradoxically decrease has increased the hormones I wanted to decrease.

Again, sorry for the rush, but I am trying to save myself from another crash. Looking back at my notes and conversations, I was so much better mentally after my first crash at 700 IUs in October than I am now.
@gents93 @b42 @Lost @lowe2sucks @doomed80 @bcarls

Hello @Tommy7676 . I recommend you create a new thread and let Gents rest in peace. Let’s not clog his thread.

Sure thing. Will do that now. Are you using Rest In Peace as an expression? Is he still around and doing as OK as possible? You can reply in the thread I just created and delete my responses here if you want.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure he’s still alive

1 Like

I didn’t told he is dead :joy: