Gents93 story - Post Aromatase Inhibitor Syndrome

Thanks Borax.

I just looked to see if there was a “relief” emoji but it looks weird.

Huge relief. That was scary. Wonder how he is doing. I’d be curious for him to post an update on everything.

Wonder how is he doing? Someone talked with him recently?

Greetings. I decided to share my experience with permanent, severe issues after using AIs. I am 24 year old male. I first used arimidex at about 0.5mg EOD dose for several months over 3 years ago trying to boost my testosterone which I would have never done if I knew what would happen. This honestly feels surreal. Even saying it has been that long feels awful because I have maintained pretty much same symptoms if not worse now than it was right after quitting and feel like my health and life has detoriated.

Symptoms I have is itchy upper body skin, breast pain/itching, scalp itching/hair loss, dark circles under eyes, chest pain, extreme fatigue 24/7, zero libido, erectile dysfunction and maybe worst of them all, almost 24/7 sweating/hot flashes which are HORRIBLE. Not to mention all the mental effects such as severe brainfog, emotional numbness etc. In the past year I have also developed reduced exercise tolerance, vertigo issues etc. Really scary stuff. It has been very long time since I have even used an AI. But I feel like every time I tried to use it(or a SERM) it worsened my symptom severity. Also I tried HCG for a month last June and it did show my T and E2 rose normally in bloodwork but did 0 for my symptoms, I felt like it increased hot flashes though.

All bloodwork has been quite normal so doctors cant really offer much help. Only thing that has been little abnormal is my serum DHT which has been both times I’ve taken it at the very bottom of the reference range. I will be taking some bloodwork soon though first time in over 6 months to see where I am at. I just want to figure out the mechanism that is causing this all and how to possibly fix it. My health has detoriated and I feel like an old man thanks to this and I hardly feel like going out anymore due to looking like sh*t compared to what I used to look like before taking aromatase inhibitors.

P.S. Edit: Made a new topic for this

5 Likes

Yeah man make a member story, all the sides you mentioned are identical to us here, these AI seem to be a huge problem and I’m wondering how many more people are out there who got this same problem.

3 Likes

Yes please.

1 Like

I quit from it because of @doomed80’s warnings but I really missed my aromasin yes fatigue was heavy but it eliminated almost all mental and libido symptoms of pfs for me. Thanks to it I can come multiple times in one day this effect persisted even after discontinuation.

I have used ai constantly for 6 months all heavy sides disappeared after 2nd month then @doomed80 warned me and told me that it might hit after several years so I got cold feet then stopped. I crashed a little after secession of ai but I recovered in three weeks. Even though I missed its libido enhancing effects.

I’m glad you’re feeling better now. I feel you bro when you say you miss the feeling of high libido. It’s fascinating how we are willing to jeopardize many things just to feel horny. AIs worked me (or at least I thought so) for years but they never gave me sustained improvement. I used everything in the book (Arimidex, Aromasin, Letrozol) at varying doses. They would always give me good libido initially which dissipates with continued use and is replaced with lethargy, painful joints, headaches, depression, night sweats, and so on and so forth. It was rollercoaster ride. Even trt doctors are re-thinking AIs nowadays due to their dangers especially with longterm use.

hi im okay. appreciate you guys hoping that I was okay- just don’t visit the site as regularly as I used to for personal reasons. but no im not cured, only worse.

5 Likes

Thanks for checking in @gents93

you’re welcome! if anyone needs anything from me your best bet is contacting @borax or @axolotl

best wishes to everyone here, much love

3 Likes

Good to hear from you @gents93. People were worried about you. Me included.

3 Likes

appreciate that. hope you’re doing well Dubya.

2 Likes

Thanks!

I’m back to typical PAS condition after recovering from that SAMe/meB12 crash.

2 Likes

FYI I contacted borax last time I needed to talk to you specifically but you never got back to me

Great to hear you are OK. Could you give us an update on your situation and what you’ve been doing / if anything helps you to function?

1 Like

@gents93 glad you checked in. I think of you often, my friend.

2 Likes

hey @gents93 have you ever tried progesterone cream? Assuming that your issue is estrogen receptor insensitivity then wouldnt progesterone cream help treat that since progesterone is able to resensitize the estrogen receptors?

no I haven’t. I don’t think it would do anything, and probably make me worse off. I urge you not to try things because that is how I became much worse.

Hey @gents93 could you please take the survey? We need everyone on here to advance our common cause. Thank you :pray:t2: