Game Over PFS - I'm Recovering

Ive done 5 fecal transplants with 0 results.

I am doing another 5 before i quit. This time using 1000ml water and 4tbsp resistant starch per infusion. Retain for 20 hours.

Resistant starch feeds the shit out of bacteria species that create butyrate and T-reg cells.

I am taking slippery elm powder 3 times a day. Supposed to be good for a leaky gut and healing inflammation there.

Taking a high dose probiotic with these strains:

15 Billion Live Microorganisms
ACTIVE
INGREDIENT
Lactobacillus acidophilus CUL 60
Lactobacillus acidophilus CUL-21
Bifidobacterium bifidum CUL-20
Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. Lactis 2. CUL-34 2
Lactobacillus salivarius CUL 61
Lactobacillus paracasei CUL 08
Lactobacillus plantarum CUL 66
Lactobacillus casei CUL 06
Lactobacillus fermentum CUL 67
Lactobaciilus gasseri CUL 09
Bifidobacterium animalis subsp lactis CUL62
Bifidobacterium breve CUL 74
Streptococcus thermophilus CUL 68
Howaru® Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM™
Howaru® Bifidobacterium lactis HN019
Howaru® Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001

chrisjamesmindbody.com/prod … probiotic/

Anyone of you could please tell me why grains aren’t good while having PFS? What do the do to us?

Happy to hear about your recovery. Interesting theory, too…

Whatever happened with this thread, do we have a consensus that the gut microbiome is indeed what needs to be focused on to kick-start a recovery?

Has anyone tried this protocol and not recovered?

1 Like

BrongFogBoy: should I try getting some Mutaflor (the good E.coli) or not bother with that ?
In the end, it looks like you’re better, although it could just be the diet itself.

I’m on a ketogenic diet and all neurological symptoms have disappeared, as per Please share results with a ketogenic or high fat intake diet

As for all sexual symptoms, fix them using L-Citrulline and L-Arginine as alteredlife did on My regimen, and it’s working

That’s the next thing I’m going to do and then I should be symptom free.
Insomnia is the last thing I need to find a solution for.

Unfortunately in the US mutaflor isn’t easy to get hold of so I was never able to give it a good run. I took it for around 3 weeks but it’s hard to say if it did anything. I was feeling good at the time I tried it but I was already feeling good when I began to take it so that doesn’t mean much. I would think you need to be on it for a good 2-3 months to give it a fair chance. Please keep me updated if you are able to properly test this, those of you outside of the US will have access to Mutaflor.

2 Likes

@BrongFogBoy is this the right Mutaflor?

Looks like they ship to US

Yes, that’s exactly what I used, to iterate I wasn’t able to test mutalor long enough to realize any obvious benefits.

It’s readily available in Canada, especially in Ontario and Quebec, unfortunatly I’m a Canadian expat living in Thailand.
To top it all, the bacteria is sensitive to heat and would be dead if I asked someone to send it over.
Other probiotics makes my insomnia worst. I’m sure you know why, I don’t. I just won’t touch it. Although if I visit my family in Canada, I’ll make sure to bring back some mutaflor on ice in a cooler.

Do you have any literature on regimen? IE what is your basis for concluding the lack of effects were due to insufficient duration? Thanks

It’s a good question, it’s only an opinion based on this : some supplements need just one dose to have an effect, others need to build up in the system, the longest duration I have seen in a drug or supplement to have an effect is around two months so I like to give things I am unsure around this long so I can be confident I gave it a chance.

Basically I would assume it probably wouldn’t work in one dose, that it might work in 3 weeks and would definitely have worked in 2 months.

1 Like

generally spoken, Micrbiome diet seems to be the key here. I am just wondering which carbs (apart from Veggies) are allowed on the diet described above. I have severe constipation ever since I tried Saw Palmetto… I tried any diet til this day including Paleo, no carb,low carb, 5 day waterfast, intermittent fasting, etc. but nothing has brought a resolution. The only symptons I have are zero libido with poor penile sensation and skin wrinkles aka light penis. I am 99% sure this will subside once I got back to normal digestion/metabolism.

1 Like

I could also be lack of serotonin in the guts. 95% of the serotonin in your body is in your guts. If you have too much of it in the guts, you get diarrhea. Too little, you get constipation.

Plus, low serotonin in the guts would also mean low serotonin in the brain which would imbalance the other neurotransmitters like Dopamine, GABA and Tyrosine. This would lead to lack of signal from brain to the groin and lower testosterone.

I wouldn’t be surprised you also have depression, lack of self confidence and apprehension to confront strong individuals (low serotonin symptoms). If Dopamine, GABA and Tyrosine are also affected, you’d get anxiety, problem sleeping, cramps or spasm, brain fog, lack of concentration, lack of motivation, dissatisfaction and be in a general bad mood.

Those are not so difficult to solve, you just need to give your body what it’s missing.

2 Likes

What would you recommend to fix that?

For Serotonin,: Tryptophan 1000 mg morning and 3pm. To make sure you get it, you can also take 5-HTP 100 mg instead. If you take any kind of SSRI or St-John’s Worth or anti-depressive, don’t try.

It has to be taken with 1000 mg of Tyrosine, at the same time.

For Dopamine, it’s L-Dopa (Mucuna Pruriens 95% extract) 375 mg, same time.

They have to be taken on empty stomach, all 3 at the same time. Start with lower doses, increase slowly, if it makes you feel bad, stop.

For GABA, if you don’t take any Anxyolitic medicine, you can try GABA supplements, or Taurine. Phenibut can be taken occasionally. Ashwagandha, Bacopa and Schisandra can be tried. Start with lower doses, increase slowly, if it makes you feel bad, stop. If you take Anxiolytic drugs, don’t try.

I had side effects from LDN and had to stop. It made me incredibly irritable. Insomnia , it.felt like I was on an SSRI. I would not take this so non chelantly. Be cautious when taking meds that alter hormonal activity.

1 Like

Hey ozeph do you think dopamine and serotonin supplements can increase the orgasm intensity, erections and semen volume? Or are they only work for neruological symptoms? Thx.

Dopamine can increase sex drive. GABA can increase orgasm intensity and for the rest I think herbs like Tribulus Terrestris, Horny Goat Weed and Pine Pollen can improve sexual symptoms…

Erections can be increased by L-Arginine, L-Citrulline and L-Ornithine.

All of these may not work on you or may make you feel worst. Every case is different. Be cautious.

2 Likes

I also took Fin on and off for about 8 years. I had one recovery once where I felt 100% again and this was after I ate kefir like crazy. I was up pissing like 10 times a day. I thought I was getting diabetes but no. I really felt great again. Morning wood was back and I felt happy. Unfortunately only one brand of Kefir worked for me. It was Arla. I bought it in sweden and i don’t live there at the moment. I’ve tried other brands and even made my own but never gotten the same success again. It says Arla contains LA-5® Lactobacillus Acidophilus, BB-12® Bifidobacterium og Lactobacillus Casei F-19®.

So I’m sold on the gut flora thing. I have hope now after feeling recovered once already. I wish it was easy to just transplant back what you needed. I’ll try the raw diet and see what happens.

1 Like