*Deacetylase inhibitors ( HDACs ) reverse CpG methylation by regulating DNMT1*

This is very interesting

Now look at this one
β - hydroxybutyrate (BOHB) was demonstrated to be a potent inhibitor of histone deacetylases (HDACs).

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-31822-7

β - hydroxybutyrate (BOHB supplemente is available
https://www.google.com/search?q=β-hydroxybutyrate+supplement&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS830US830&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj9pqLE5NXjAhUOOq0KHR3_B9IQ_AUIESgB&biw=1680&bih=907

Maybe it is possible that with the right dosage and protocol using β - hydroxybutyrate (BOHB) supplement can help to reverse our symptoms. it is just an initiative.

3 Likes

Histone deacetylase inhibitor depsipeptide activates silenced genes through decreasing both CpG and H3K9 methylation on the promoter.

1 Like

Nilotinib, potential? I think this and RG108 are the things that would be things we could use.

There are plenty of HDACIs but what’s the point if we don’t know what’s specifically gone wrong? It’d be no different than telling a mentally ill person to take psych drugs without knowing what illness they specifically have. Some could make it better, some could make it worse, it’s too general. Ex. Feed a schizophrenic patient stimulants and that’s definitely not gonna help.

4 Likes

Ok, then wait for Baylor study.

1 Like

I do understand that you seem to think it will not lead to anything fruitful, which is a scary but real possibility, but for my sake, yours, and everyone else in this community, let’s hope you’re wrong.

4 Likes

Even if they found something, it would not give you the cure, they are not working in the cure.
The first part is not published yet, the second part it is about to start.
If you want just take a seat and wait.

I think many want to at least try something to improve the quality of life in some aspects.

2 Likes

Hi moonchild, your searches are very interesting. I have pssd. I wanted to think about some issues: We are hypothesizing that epigenetic modifications have taken place after taking drugs. This hypothesis that I also share has only been partially confirmed, for example, in the last study by Melcangi (in which the 5ar promoter was essentially hypermetilated), although in reality we have noticed a correlation, which is not necessarily a contributing factor. So I wanted to ask you, in your opinion, given that we do not yet have definitive proofs of these epigenetic alterations, given that we do not know with certainty the genes involved, the use of these HDACi could not be dangerous? Let me explain, if we were to modify the genetic expression of oncogenes or tumor suppressors would it not be a risk? Can we think that they act mainly on the genes that have been hypermetilated, so they should work? And if for example the gene that has been silenced and is the cause of our problems (we as regards the pssd we are oriented on the various genes, but in particular on some protein that includes the complexp of the receptor 5ht1a or the proteins responsible for its signaling) even if hypermetilated by drugs, was it still less methylated than other oncogenes? They would still be demethylated a lot more in their relationship, am I wrong?

1 Like

β - hydroxybutyrate (BOHB supplemente) is being sold over the counter in USA, if this supplement were a carcinogenics or have a possible risk to promote cancer it would not be sold over the counter, now as you should know everything is dangerous even water. the thing here is to find out the correct dosages and timing.
If good to do research before taking any supplement and even food, but if we are skeptical of most everything we are not going anywhere.
there are two way to address our situation:
1- The traditional way (Wait for the traditional study)
2-Die trying it by yourself.

To be honest with you after dealing with PFS for several years, I am not afraid to cancer anymore.

3 Likes

ya i have no problem waiting for the baylor study.

how many times someone took something and then got so much worse that it got unbearable and lead to suicide? countless

ill wait, and anyone else shouldnt feel bad for waiting either

4 Likes

I am posting as information and for those like me who dare to try what they believe that can help, I am not pushing nobody to try any thing. This post wasn’t definitely for you.

I’m just posting my thoughts because I didn’t want people reading to be shamed into waiting.

Reminding once again, for people reading, there’s no shame in waiting. Far worse has happened to many who didn’t

1 Like

Finasteride is sold over the counter here lmfao.

This is absurd Moonchild, I understand this attitude from all the people in a really bad state but not you. And even if you aren’t afraid of the chance of cancer, you surely are afraid of severely worsening yourself by undertaking a treatment you don’t understand?

Borax, that stuff is intended to increase ketosis, the same thing that happens when you fasting, I so far I read seem pretty safe.
In other hand I will use in short term, I am short in my budget at this point to buy it. But I think that worth to give a try.

1 Like

Moonchild keep calm, if you like to call yourself a scientist you have to be able to be in a scientific conversation. Mine wasn’t skepticism, i just made some questions. Should i remind you that science evolves because people discuss on problems? Especially when we’re talkin’ about such delicate issues.

1 Like

I not a scientist, but I am trying really hard to find a solution by myself, because I know that if we wait for the scientific community, my grandson will be seat on my grave waiting for the study to be released.

How I am doing it ? Well looking into the medical literature and based in the very little ultra tiny knowledge that I have about our condition and a lot of reading, then I look for supplements and giving it a try. at least is better to try that die waiting, what are your going to choose ?

2 Likes

Idk if u guys are talking about sodium butyrate here. But i have tried it and it worked a bit for derealization and feeling shitty overall. Did get some tolerance overtime, and I take it now once in a while if i want a better day. It’s also safe as fuck.

1 Like

Also. People here are talking about the dangers of HDACs/DNMT inhibitors etc as if they are hazardous. This ofcourse is ok, but let me tell you one thing. I think taking TRT, clomid, antidepressants to cope with the PFS, are just as dangerous and often, in my opinion, even more dangerous. U are literally messing ur already fucked up hormones up again. This in some way is accepted here, but when talked about substances like this, a lot of fear mongering takes place. I think this happens simply because people don’t have knowledge on this subject. Ofcourse, DNMTinhibitors like the chemos Aza and Deca come with risks, but this is mostly not even because of it’s demethylating properties. More because of the cell death they cause. Honoustly, using some safe HDACi etc. is nothing compared to trying TRT, clomid or antidepressants.

Well sodium butyrate is not the same as β - hydroxybutyrate.