Covid vaccine who will take it

Have known a few people die from the virus. Additionally, the effects of “long COVID” would compound a bad situation for anyone who already has PAS/ PFS/ PSSD. So - I will be taking it.

Meanwhile, here are a couple of ways to boost your natural immunity:

You should also moderate your alcohol levels and eat a good diet, e.g. low carb/ paleo/ mediterranean. Pick whichever is practical for you - your tastes, time available, your daily life.

These are things which are general advice and not targeted at our particular problems. However, they will all improve your situation to some extent, excepting extreme cases which are present on the site.

Same here, although no idea if it’ll be available any time soon to the average person.

1 Like

I think my age bracket will be last. Don’t know if there if some private healthcare way to get it. Probably not. So am stuck with the mainstream schedule.

I received the firs dose of the Moderna vaccine about 6 hours ago. So far no side effects.

2 Likes

I have an appointment for moderna. Will let everyone know if it makes me better or worse

I’m taking it.

How did it work for you? I’m going to attempt to take my first shot tomorrow.

I received my 2nd dose of Moderna a few weeks ago. I had joint aches and fatigue for about 32 hours afterwards, that started about 5-6 hours after the dose. I still went to work that day so it wasn’t terrible, but still noticeable. No issues since.

3 Likes

I will not be taking it. I have no faith in the pharmaceutical industry’s clinical trial procedures after my Roaccutane misadventure and subsequent research. And here we’re talking about products that have been sped through the trials faster than any other in history, one of which (Pfizer’s mRNA vaccine) is an entirely new kind of vaccine that only a couple of years ago was a speculative treatment projected to only become viable a decade from now. Forgive me for being hesitant.

Also, I don’t buy this argument that people with our condition can’t risk contracting the virus; I’d counter that we just as well cannot risk suffering further damage from another dodgy pharmaceutical product. Even with its impaired state of functioning I’d sooner back my immune system than Big Pharma. Of course there are dangers with the virus, but the vast majority of people in my age bracket recover well.

3 Likes

Nobody with PFS should be afraid of covid.

2 Likes

I respect everyone’s feelings on this. If it is determined that the vaccine ultimately stops the spread, I will take it for consideration of the people around me. But if it is ultimately determined to simply reduce symptoms, then of course not. I don’t believe in throwing the baby out with the bath water because the worst has happened to us. I still think there is a lot of quality science and research out there that is saving lives. But I’m also not afraid of COVID so the only reason I would take it would be to help stop the spread.

I wound up doing the Pfizer

First shot did nothing but make me a little achy.

Second dose knocked me on my ass. Had a fever and needed to take a day off from work.

I’m back to my normal state now

1 Like

Good to know brother! I did my first dose of Moderna this past Friday and I’m feeling achy today. Arm is sore but feeling better now then this morning. I’ll get the next dose later this month.

Anyone feeling better after the vaccine? I am but I’m not sure if it’s a coincidence or not

1 Like

@joetz when did u have it and what improved, no adverse reactions from the vaccine at all. How is your PFS these days are you still on DHEA?

My trust in the pharmaceutical industry is GONE forever.

8 Likes

Plz take the survey…

Isn’t there going to be an inactivated virus vaccine come, I’d rather trust older technology than the newer mRNA and adenovirus vaccines.

By the time they invite you to have the vaccine, billions will have been vaccinated. I think you can probably expect to know if there’s anything to worry about by then. We already have people here who’ve been vaccinated without problem.

The last thing we need is all the pfs patients to succumb to covid, just as we’re starting to get somewhere.

2 Likes

Yes! I felt amazing a couple days after the first dose but now I’m back to baseline.