Common foods that are likely setting you back

How’d you test for this mutation? I’d like to know which drugs I will react to, etc. where there is genetic info available. Is there some site that generates a report? Is genesight any good?

I took for 5 days astaxanthin it make me feel normal very fast, then I research it and result that it is the most powerful antioxidant ever,
Astaxanthin is FAR more potent than beta-carotene, alpha-tocopherol, lycopene and lutein, other members of its chemical family. It exhibits VERY STRONG free radical scavenging activity and protects your cells, organs and body tissues from oxidative damage.

Astaxanthin’s unique “antioxidative artillery” provides for an impressive array of health benefits, including improving cardiovascular health, stabilizing blood sugar, boosting your immune system, fighting cancer, reducing inflammation, improving eye health—and even helping protect you from sunburn.

• Astaxanthin is by far the most powerful carotenoid antioxidant when it comes to free radical scavenging : astaxanthin is 65 times more powerful than vitamin C, 54 times more powerful than beta-carotene, and 14 times more powerful than vitamin E.
  • Astaxanthin is far more effective than other carotenoids at " singlet oxygen quenching," which is a particular type of oxidation. The damaging effects of sunlight and various organic materials are caused by this less-stable form of oxygen. Astaxanthin is 550 times more powerful than vitamin E and 11 times more powerful than beta-carotene at neutralizing singlet oxygen.
  • Astaxanthin crosses the blood-brain barrier AND the blood-retinal barrier (beta carotene and lycopene do not), which brings antioxidant and anti-inflammatory protection to your eyes, brain and central nervous system and reduces your risk for cataracts, macular degeneration, blindness, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
  • Astaxanthin is soluble in lipids, so it incorporates into cell membranes.
  • It’s a potent UVB absorber and reduces DNA damage.
  • It’s a powerful natural anti-inflammatory.

Despite all this benefices it is 5ARi, of course it is not Finasteride.

After the finding I I stooped it intermediately.

Recently I started to focus in boost DHT, 4 days ago I started using creatine and result that I have the bigger crash since 2016.

Now I wonder if go back and forward, cycling creatine and Astaxanthin will some how make our AR to respond.

It’s important to note that these tests generally tell you how well you metabolize a drug, not so much if you’re going to get persistent side effects like in our case

Adding in the following charts, The highest amount of phytosterold (typically good for people, but bad for PFSers) relative to other fruits and veggies are:

Oranges
Mangos
Tangerines
Hawthorne
Pears

Peas
Cauliflower
Broccoli
Romain Lettuce
Cow Pea
Carrott
Scallion

I would try my best to avoid these, but especially the ones bolded.

2 Likes

FWIW, eliminated most of the foods I listed in post #1 and I have noticed a substantial improvement in brain fog and sleep.

I have added eggs and butter back without issue.

can someone make a list of foods we CAN eat?

2 Likes

Okay so basically all you eat is

potatoes, spinach, meat and rice?

That’s about everything that I can come up with that isn’t part of the list above.

Rice is 5ari :smiley: I eat most of listed foods and never had an issue. Acutally i had smth similar to brain fog which resolved mostly by eating foods from list. If foods are dangerous we wouldn not exist, cuz nobody would have libido and dicks to reproduce…

I was able to eat anything up until 2 years ago. I’d had PFS for years already. Now I’m intolerent to almost everything. The big hitters are the worst eg root veg, beer, ready meals, soy milk, carbs the list has grown overtime. I think we’re all different.

Coconut oil has given me the worst crash ive ever had

my skin is like jello and there is now a dent in my chin

Avoid at all costs

It fucked me over too

What did it do to you?

Spinach is 5ari

1 Like

Worsened my symptoms. I kept trying it was drinking lots of coconut water too didn’t know I had PFS at the time. I can’t have spinach either

Definitely not. I eat… bacon, chicken, steak, fish, scallops, burgers, potatoes, salads, berries, some fruits, eggs, wraps, bread, casserols, some rice, asparagus, protein shakes, some pastas, etc

Adding to this list, avoid any mushrooms that are not portobellos!

1 Like

No mushrooms? Man lol.
I mean we are all going to be on some stupid carnivore diet by the end of this lol

1 Like

I mean, you can eat mushrooms all you want. Nobody here is going to stop you.

But I see so many posters come to this site and complain about how they don’t want to live anymore and would do anything to feel better, but then can’t even educate themselves on what is making them feel worse each day as they put poisons into their body. That seems like 50% of the users on this site, and I don’t feel sorry for them.

More info on why I posted that about mushrooms: Good vs bad Mushrooms for PFSers to eat/ingest (study of 5-ARI activity of mushrooms)

2 Likes

Soy is our public enemy!

1 Like

Can you explain why soy is bad for PFS?
Some people reported improvements with soy.