Common foods that are likely setting you back

The following common foods are high in beta-sitosterol or lauric acid which both are strong 5ar inhibitors. Looking back, I definitely feel worse when consuming some of these foods…

-Pumpkin Seeds
-Avocados (very high) and avocado oil
-Oranges, beets, brussel sprouts, pomegranates
-To a much lesser extent (carrots, cauliflower, cabbage, bananas, apples, peaches and pears)
-Cilantro
-Coconut / Coconut Oil
-Cow milk, Goat milk, Coconut milk, Buttermilk, Mayonnaise,
-low fat dary products liek yogurt, cheese, milk, cottage cheese
-Watermelon (seeds)
-Nuts (in order: pistaccios, macadamia, almonds, cashews, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, Sesame seeds)
-Oils (specifically vegtable, canola, soybeen, flax seed, Olive oil)
-Cacao / dark chocolate / milk chocolate
-Corn / corn oil / tortilla chips
-Margarine
-Eggs
-Lemon Grass
-Butter (very very small amount)
-Olives / Olive Oil
-peanuts / peanut oil / peanut butter / almond butter
-bourbon
-tuna
-nuts and seeds in general
-peas
-kidney beans
-lentils
-cottonseed oil (i had testosterone suspended in this once from pharmacy)
-banana

3 Likes

lol so i can literally just kill myself

3 Likes

Pumpkin seed oil put me over the edge and I believe caused my PFS when I added it as a supplement in addition to saw palmetto. I was such a sucker for internet marketing. It is nasty nasty stuff and I strongly urge everyone to avoid pumpkin

1 Like

I feel the list applies to my case, with one clear exception: pomegranade seems to do me good cognitively, that, and shredded ginger in hot water with lemon.

I was just researching this as I’m thinking of trying to boost DHT. I also read tomatoes lower DHT… not sure if thats from a 5alpha mechanism or directly. Anyway… I have been eating many of the foods on your list for a long time. Before people go crazy and stop eating everything, I always like to think that if they were AS effective in lowering 5alpha or DHT… there would be no need to take Fin. I suspect the impact on most of these is very very minor. But… in an effort to maximize hormone levels… I guess its good to avoid the biggest offenders. Pumpkin seeds are at the top of many lists. I’m suprised by the avocado thing though.

2 Likes

As for butter… I’m not sure thats true… there are conflicting reports on things like Butter and Zinc. I honestly thing grassfed butter increases DHT.

At this point I’m sure water slightly inhibits 5ar

16 Likes

Lol! Yeah, I think we may be getting a bit too anal with these list. It’s probably more damaging to our health to avoid some of these foods such as eggs and avocados.

4 Likes

Avocados actually have the highest mg of b-sitosterol of any fruit. I completely understand that we arent going to be able to cut out all of these foods, but if you can use this info to cut down on the overall mg of b-sitosterol you are eating daily I would imagine it will help your situation.

beta-sitosterol
Fruita mg/100gb
Banana 11
Apple 11
Watermelon 1
Orange 17
Cantaloupe 8
Grapes 3
Grapefruit 13
Strawberries 10
Peach 6
Pear 7
Nectarine NA
Honeydew NA
Plum 6
Avocado 76
Lemon 8
Pineapple 4
Tangerine NA
Sweet cherries 12
Kiwi fruit NA
Lime NA

3 Likes

lol thats crazy. and you forgot alcohol. would avoid it completely now

seems offensive to me that there is a group of people who’s lives have been devastated by an incredibly potent pharmaceutical are also the same people who think that the mandarin oranges they ate for lunch gave them PFS

8 Likes

these foods effect me negativily not all immediately but over time I’ve become sensitive to all

I have been avoiding a number of foods for a while but have increased my intake of some things from that list recently. I have not noticed a correlation in my condition.

Some of the things on that list are things I eat regularly.

I think unless you’re in such a bad state that you can’t leave your bed or function then maybe try to avoid these, otherwise I’m not sure it’s that important to avoid. I’ve had periods where I eat super clean and workout hard and periods where I’m smoking a bunch of weed and eating Taco Bell and neither have affected my condition. But, like everything on here everyone reacts differently. Just my two cents

2 Likes

I think that we had been eating all those food previous Propecia, and it didn’t cause us any problem, some how our body have to readjust again to the previous stage even eating those foods, of course there are food that are very high DHT inhibitors, but really a banana will cause PFS ? it is a joke.
Again everything is dosage, maybe if you eat 50 bananas a day for many days could be.

4 Likes

I don’t think that’s what is being said. If your system is depressed, further pressure on it could cause a problem is more the topic.

8 Likes

doctor recommendations: only eat plants and berries. avoid everything else.

As bewildering as this list is since so many things on it are staple foods, it has been reported numerous times that certain foods can worsen our symptoms if we eat the right amounts of it. It’s agreed that supplements containing such enzyme inhibitors can lead to deleterious and sometimes disastrous outcomes. There’s nothing controversial about that notion. So why should diet be any different if you can achieve the same amounts of enzymatic inhibition through food which can aggravate or retrigger symptoms during a fragile state. Can some of you actually get away with eating anything at any amounts without worsening of symptoms?

I can attest to some foods on this list. I got majorly fucked by eating large amounts of cacao nibs which I am still trying to recover from after 38 days. It gave me post-fin insomnia all over again. I use a CPAP at night so I have data to show how my sleep has been severed each night since eating the cacao nibs. Also all my other symptoms came back with the addition of a new symptom. Throughout all this, it seems like every time I ate enough macadamia nuts the awakenings would get worse the following night.

What does a full day of eating look like for you? Will you slowly start reintroducing these foods back into your diet when you feel more recovered?

One of the huge problems in this is the variability of vulnerability. I have a mutation that prevents me from making enough cholesterol, so I don’t have it in my arteries. But I live with a steroid system that works on a fraction of what humans have, so any external addition is likely to be way too much. When I went on Zoloft I was given what turned out to be 50 times the correct dose. But everybody is different, which is why I went undiagnosed forever, lost 60 pounds, and nearly died.

1 Like