Common foods that are likely setting you back

Spinach is 5ari

1 Like

Worsened my symptoms. I kept trying it was drinking lots of coconut water too didn’t know I had PFS at the time. I can’t have spinach either

Definitely not. I eat… bacon, chicken, steak, fish, scallops, burgers, potatoes, salads, berries, some fruits, eggs, wraps, bread, casserols, some rice, asparagus, protein shakes, some pastas, etc

Adding to this list, avoid any mushrooms that are not portobellos!

1 Like

No mushrooms? Man lol.
I mean we are all going to be on some stupid carnivore diet by the end of this lol

1 Like

I mean, you can eat mushrooms all you want. Nobody here is going to stop you.

But I see so many posters come to this site and complain about how they don’t want to live anymore and would do anything to feel better, but then can’t even educate themselves on what is making them feel worse each day as they put poisons into their body. That seems like 50% of the users on this site, and I don’t feel sorry for them.

More info on why I posted that about mushrooms: Good vs bad Mushrooms for PFSers to eat/ingest (study of 5-ARI activity of mushrooms)

2 Likes

Soy is our public enemy!

1 Like

Can you explain why soy is bad for PFS?
Some people reported improvements with soy.

Sure, it raises estrogens, while downregulate 5ar. Worth to read this for example:
https://academic.oup.com/jn/article/137/7/1769/4664529

I think it also reduced androgen receptors in your body, which may help some people. PFS patients have overexpressed ARs.

Not saying soy is the magical cure for everyone, but I can understand why it would help for some people.

2 Likes

It didnt reduce to me, cause i always avoided it. Having said that, its a russian roulette to consume this

Is alcohol actually an AR inhibitor or are we just assuming that because alcohol generally has a reputation for “lowering testosterone”?

Many alcohols have ARi’s in them.

Hops in beer often is.
Bourbon has beta-sitosterol (or something similar).
Wine has reserveratrol.

Safest alcohols are potatoes vodka, rum, non-bourbon whiskeys.

3 Likes

How does food worsen your symptoms guys?

My only worsening effect with food is that nothing comes out of my colon. But that thing is all time the same anyway. Maybe rice is the worst on that point of view. Or not. I think no matter what I eat, nothing comes out. But what other symptoms you guys get from food?

1 Like

@Finfina lots of foods worsen my symptoms most notably the dryness, anxiety, insomnia and bring in what I’d describe as mini crashes. Worst foods are what were once my main foods. Ie. Salad, veg, fruit, nuts, eggs, tuna, Salmon, mussels soy, milk, oats, gluten I now live on red meat, cod , potatoes “can tolerate them” live yoghurt, gluten free flakes. Once per week I’ll have some veg to give my body some wider nutrients. I can’t take vitamins. Try elimination as some have intolerences to one of two things not all.

Ozeph does well on carnivore diet.

When I’m at baseline, things that boost T make me worse. When I’m doing good, things that lower T make me worse.

Avoiding T-boosters is easy because I’m developing skills that calm myself down and lower my testosterone through my mind. But things that lower T, anti androgens, is nearly impossible in the 21st century.

Can I ask a dumb question? Does over expressed mean we have too many androgen receptors (high density) or does it mean that are receptors are more sensitive?

On a side I have also heard our receptors are down regulated which would leave me to believe they are less sensitive

Superpowers!

2 Likes

Really it’s just slowing my movement down and not letting other people get to me. I notice I enjoy music more in that state. Meditation helps train the brain “muscle” that does it, I find.

2 Likes