Carnivore diet took me from 75-80% to 99% recovery in two weeks..... and then back down to 75-80% in week four

Wonderfull POST, I will recommend after 3 months on carnivore everything you said, and I will add that the best meat is Lamb/Beff organic with lots of Fat. You will feel bad if you are not taking anought fat, that is going to give you the energy to your cells. Also The more fat you eat the more ketosis the more benefit. Also remember that ketosis is a demythelatin agent.

Can anyone recommend a site or book or anything on how to do the carnivore diet? I know it’s basically very simple, but for tips on what kind of meat to buy and how to prepare it and make it taste good etc.

Hey @vkg1 - I found this decent breakdown - https://carnivoreaurelius.com/carnivore-diet/

But I would recommend getting a lot of information under your belt from multiple resources, best to understand the ‘why’ behind how it works. It’s effects on auto-immunity issues, inflammation, the gut, mental effects, it’s effect on hormones. There’s plenty of information around ketosis and it’s effect on the body as well, particularly around demethylation.

I’ve been mostly carnivore with only low quantities of a few low carbs veggies like cucumbers and lettuce for a year and a half and almost all symptoms are gone. The only major one left is insomnia, but I manage to sleep with meds and herbs.

I concur that it gives lots of energy. Digestion is good, skin is radiant and it’s so easy to fast: no energy loss. I even continue to lift weights and do cardio while fasting and it’s fine.

I could make a long list of symptoms that went away, as well as extra benefits I never had before but I’m done doing long posts. I just want to raise my hand and say “it has worked for me too !”

6 Likes

could be that pfs had properties of an autoimmune disorder or is related to gut bacteria.

1 Like

I am beginning to hope that the majority of PFS symptoms might be addressed just by reducing inflammation a lot. Findings/Dx from a MR Neurography study of the pelvis in a PFS patient

It’s going to be so hard for me to do, but I have to try at least keto if not carnivore. Aside from waiting another 20 years for enough people to get fed up with PFS enough to get serious about making research happen, keto or carnivore does seem like the only thing there really is to try.

It’s going to be so hard for me because ai basically have 3 full time jobs and have no idea how I’ll be able to both spend more time eating and more time cooking, but this seems like it’s clearly the most potentially effective not to mention safest thing there is to try. Thanks so much to Ozeph for all he has shared on here about his experience.

1 Like

I’m on a carnivore / ketogenic diet for a while. My main problem is insomnia as you have mentioned in your threads many times.
How did you manage to achieve a deep sleep during night? Which herbs are you using as a sleep aid? I wake several times at night and tend to pee more often than usual. Sometimes I’m considering to do some carbbackloading with potatoes or white rice but I haven’t done it so far.

Did you followed the carnivore diet very strict for 1.5 years? Or did you enjoyed a cheat meal from time to time? (Especially for social events)

When I do a prolonged fast for 24 to 48 hours I can sleep like a baby afterwards and wake up more or less refreshed.

Btw, sorry for my english, it’s not my first language

I eat no carbs during the day, only meat and fat, but I’ve been experimenting recently with eating a potato with butter (no protein) at bedtime and at least 4 hours after having had proteins. Deep sleep has remarkably improved.

The problem is if I get up to pee during the night, the night is over. So in the past I was avoiding liquids after 6 pm, but now with the potato I more often need to pee because of the water in it adding to the water to wash down the pills.

I take Valerian extract 800mg, Hops extract 800 mg, Lemon Balm extract 400 mg and passion flower extract 400 mg on one night, and on the other night I replace 400 mg Valerian and 400 mg Hops with 60 mg Silexan (lavender oil) along with the other herbs. Being quite insomniac, I also take hydroxyzine 12.5 mg (anti-histamine) and Clonazepam 3.25 mg on top of that.

It’d be quite a knock out for any one, but for me it just gets me 5-6 hours of uninterrupted sleep and the rest of the night turning and tossing around. I’m rested and have good energy during the day.

This being my last symptom I believe it has to do with Cortisol and Nor-Adrenalin. The potato brings my insulin up and lowers the Cortisol. I believe that’s why I get better sleep. I’ll try with rolled oat (a slow carbs, low glycemic) to see if it can last me longer before I begin to toss around.

I can’t believe I’ll be writing this, but there exist a super low fat, low protein, very high carbs diet that seems to yield similar results to the carnivore / ketogenic diet, at least in terms of diabetes, strokes and heart attacks as well as weight loss (no idea if it helps with pfs or other epigenetic diseases like some cancers). It’s completely plant based.

The diet consists of large amounts of white rice, fruits, fruit juice and white refined sugar. No added fat except from the traces of fat in the above mentioned elements (less than 5 gr) of the diet and very few protein (25 gr.), the rest is 565 gr of carbs.

I’ve been eating almost exclusively meat and animal fat for a year and half and I think I would die if I tried this sugar diet. Nonetheless, the lady in the video below claims it might be helpful for those who don’t get good results from carnivore or ketogenic diet. It’s the other end of the spectrum !

I don’t know what to make of this, but at least it shows the studies and the reason why fat has been having a bad reputation. It looks like it’s the combination of fat and carbs that makes people sick. We need proteins, but it seems going high fat no carbs, or high carbs no fat are two viable solutions. Juice fasts makes more sense to me now (not that I’m going to try it anytime soon !)

Anyway, here’s the video:

1 Like

where have you read that ketosis is demethylating? from what ive read its a DNA modulator. i care about this because i am an undermethylator so i may be taking methyl donors and actually be causing harm

https://oxfordmedicine.com/view/10.1093/med/9780190497996.001.0001/med-9780190497996-chapter-23

I have read it, and I know one person that declares himself cured taking BHB as demethylators.

Are you referring to moonchild or is there someone else as well?

1 Like

I’m going to be trying bhb and butyrate alongside a keto diet at the new year. It I’ll be impossible to start the diet right now during the holidays but I’ll
Begin January 1. Already received both supplements. Will post updates here

3 Likes

I wish you luck, i suggest full strict carnivore diet instead of Keto. The plants and veggies can still cause inflammation in your body. It is not a hard thing to do, you will adapt fast. But don’t cheat and stay strong. I really wonder your results. Hope everything goes as planned. Remember we are the most damaged yet strongest persons on earth with PFS.

@Belikewater (Yeah is it Moonchild or someone else?)

3 Likes

If you go carnivore that I currently at forget BHB, BHB suplements comes with a lot of diferent presentations, use carnivore as a plain base you will not have any problems with digestions at all. But you will have an adaption phase, that will include adapt your body to fat energy instead of carbohydrates and also forget the addiction to sugars. What I recommend is beed or lamb as organic as possible also you can add bone broth and eggs. Chesse is allowed but I dont recommend, also pork and chicken I also dont recommend. Take in account that you must take fat now as energy, so any meat that doesnt have a good a mount of fat is worhtless. The first month is going to be difficulty while you learn etc… but at the end of 3 monh you will be flying at cruising speed. Check information on internet there is a lot.

1 Like

How long you been into keto/carnivore? Any positive results?

I have been 3 months, lots of benefits, my brain seem more calm and very stable right now.

1 Like

@belikewater how is the diet going buddy. Closer to recovery?

1 Like

Is it still working for you?

I posted this elsewhere, makes you wonder what bacteria is truly beneficial as bifido has mostly been considered a “probiotic”

New research shows the keto diet, used to treat neurological and metabolic diseases, suppresses bifidobacteria and Th17 cells

Could the keto diet’s therapeutic benefits be linked to changes in the gut microbiota? New work in mice and 17 men who are overweight or obese reveals ketone bodies exert suppression of bifidobacteria and intestinal pro-inflammatory Th17 cells.

Also looking at the similar paleo diet,

Gut microbiome of the Hadza hunter-gatherers

https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms4654
data from our GM comparative analysis indicate a characteristic configuration for the Hadza gut microbial ecosystem that is profoundly depleted in Bifidobacterium

SCFA profile of Hadza and Italians

End products of bacterial fermentation are important for microbiota–host co-metabolism and evolution. SCFAs are the dominant metabolites resulting from bacterial fermentation of plant-derived substrates such as glycans and polysaccharides that pass undigested through the small intestine and into the colon. The SCFAs acetate, butyrate and propionate are pivotal in several host physiological aspects such as nutrient acquisition, immune function, cell signalling, proliferation control and pathogen protection25

The absence of Bifidobacterium and the lower relative abundance of Blautia , Ruminococcus and Faecalibacterium concurrent with greater relative abundance of Prevotella seen in the Hadza GM match a presence/absence scenario with SCFA concentrations that are enriched in propionate and reduced in butyrate with respect to Italians.

The absence of Actinobacteria, particularly Bifidobacterium , in the Hadza GM is unexpected. Bifidobacteria are associated with breastfeeding in infants and achieve large proportions of the GM in the first few months after birth37. Typically, in adults, bifidobacteria commonly make up 1–10% of the GM population. Complete absence of bifidobacteria, as observed in the Hadza, has never to our knowledge been reported for any other human group.

1 Like