Blunted's Story

Your symptoms and everything you just said in your latest post is pretty much exactly what I have. Sleep is also vital in my recovery, the better I sleep the better I get, and on all fronts. If I get 2 decent nights sleep in a row the benefits that come are incremental, but I don’t usually manage more than 2 nights, because I then start to feel horny, jack-off and have poorer sleep! My sleep is so sensitive and i’ve not managed to cure it yet, so I am perpetually stuck with a medium grade PFS (if that makes sense).

It’s encouraging what you write, very well done on getting to where you are at :slight_smile:

Yea I get what you mean, I too wish I would have better quality sleep permanently because to me too it feels like it would be winning more than half the battle. Good sleep means feeling just great, bad sleeps seems to bring forth a catalyst of total gayness in symptoms. Makes sense to say steady great sleep over a long period of time leads to more progress in recovery. Seeing as how jerking off affects you in the same way I’d suggest joining the “no fapping” club too dude.

I sadly have to report that my sleep has gone tits vertical again the last couple of days with the goddamn heat that has been pestering me. It literally turns my room into an oven over the period of day. I’m drowning in my own sweat at night and it’s just physically impossible to fall asleep with these infernal temperatures. Even gabapentin can’t help with this ass-hattery.

On a brighter note though, gabapentin still seems to bring positive effects despite not doing much for my sleep the past couple of days. Ever since taking this stuff I’ve noticed a very apparent increase of both facial and chest hair. This stuff has also increased my muscle mass, or perhaps more so the definition and shape. My muscles are now harder and fuller. I’m now not as puffy and soft as I was before. The cutting back of body fat to around 10% I did recently helped a whole lot with this too obviously. It gave me way more muscle definition, even without flexing my muscles you could see veins all over the place. Having taken gabapentin now brought this to a new level however, my muscles are much harder and fuller.

It seems like gabapentin has been switching on something in my body and kickstart certain things which I’m taking as a very good thing.

And now that I think of it while posting, another random thing this stuff has fixed is the puffy nipples, I would get them mostly at night as far as I remember. Gabapentin has been giving me normal nipples throughout the entire day, I’m thinking that’s also a very good thing.

Ditto

My GP has also prescribed me GABApentin, so I will see how it goes for me. Have you been taking it in the day too? That’s how mine has been prescribed.

Blunted, I know you snubbed CBT, but I would seriously explore this angle in tandem to your other efforts. I’ve not started the CBT courses but I just finished reading the Effortless Sleep Method. DEFINITELY buy this and read it. It talks a lot about re-programming your mind and body to sleep again. I thought some of this stuff was BS, but there are a couple of gems in there that have helped my sleep immensely the past 1 week. Last night my body almost slept the whole night, but it did break during the night for a piss. I’m actually looking forward to sleep tonight for the first time in a long time.

Hi, Blunted -

Thanks for posting your regimen and experiences. How has your recovery been progressing?

I was wondering how things turned out with GABApentin. At the time that you last posted, some of the effects had started to diminish, but you credited GABApentin with kick-starting your system in some way.

Do you still feel that GABApentin was beneficial? What were the details of your dosage and exactly how long did you end up taking it? Any side effects to report?

If you happen to be fully recovered now, is there anything else that you did that you would credit with your recovery in addition to what’s posted in this thread?

Thank you.

I think finasteride blunts REM cuz people don’t dream that much on it. So you are having some kind of rebound here.

Any updates? I am suffering from muscle wastage around the legs and calves. Like really small calves. I don’t even know if it’s muscle related or if it’s just the entire leg shrunk!

Hey what’s up everyone? This is Blunted checking back in with a story to give hope. It’s been a loooong time since I’ve posted. 10 Years, and what a crazy ride it has been. I had to make a new account because I haven’t been able to log in with my old account due to forgetting passwords and all that. This has been a recurring issue as some mods that know me (if they still remember me that is) will probably remember. The only Propeciahelp member I was still in contact with that used to help me out getting back on my account, stopped talking to me altogether after his broken English lead him to believe I was making a gay pass at him while discussing my libido some years ago. You know who you are you dumbass German clown, hope you are doing ok though.

I’ve tried everything under the sun that was available to me in the past 10 years in an attempt to make a full recovery ranging from pharmaceutical drugs, natural supplements, street drugs to doping (steroids and various fat-burners). I’ll leave out the exact details of most of it because a lot of it has been absolutely useless and downright dangerous even. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to go down that road.

I’ll stick to what is working for me with sustainable results, along with some added information.

I’m currently on a pharmaceutical drugs cocktail that I would categorize as symptom management, I have no idea what would happen if I would go off these drugs. This regimen has been a stroke of luck more than anything. You can’t just go to your general practitioner and get this prescribed to give it a go. I hope by posting this it reaches someone with the right credentials to look into it and figure out why and how this is working.

Current daily regimen:
8:00 Bupropion 150mg / Paroxetine 20mg
16:00 Bupropion 150mg / Paroxetine 10mg
20:00 Quetiapine 800mg
21:00 Gabapentin 100mg

Gabapentin gave me some improvements 10 years back when I took it, but nothing as significant as my current medicine regiment. Taking the other medicine individually will do very little. For whatever reason this cocktail puts symptom relief in overdrive. While taking it I can say I feel recovered. Some effects were overnight, some are slowly improving. Most importantly it’s sustained progress, at least while taking these medications. As stated before, no clue what would happen if I stopped taking it.

How this regimen affects my PFS symptoms, being as blunt and candid as I can be:

• Premature ejaculation. This symptom was lacking in my initial rundown of PFS symptoms with my first posts because I didn’t know I had it until I had sexual intercourse 3 years after getting PFS. Pre-finasteride I had great stamina during sex, after acquiring PFS I would ejaculate immediately upon penetration. With current medication regimen my stamina has greatly improved. As I’m currently single I haven’t had sex yet since starting this medication regimen, I can’t make any definitive reports on that aspect yet.
  • Erectile dysfunction
    Erection quality has greatly improved, erections are harder. I wake up with morning wood again much like pre-finasteride. Spontaneous erections occur far more frequently as well.
  • Libido
    Boosted, nothing more I can add to that.
  • Refractory period back to normal. After acquiring PFS it would take longer to go back to “normal” after ejaculation. I would have a rubbery, numb penis after ejaculation with PFS that would last for a couple of days. With current medication regimen I can now masturbate 3 times a day again, much like my younger pre-PFS days, without problem. My libido doesn’t dip anymore afterwards also.
  • Hair loss. I hadn’t lost a single hair after acquiring PFS for 10 years, my hairline remained exactly the same. It’s been roughly 2 months with current medicine regimen and my hairloss has kicked in again very noticably. And I couldn’t be happier with it, understandably, I couldn’t give a rat’s ass about losing hair anymore.
  • Pubic hair and general body hair is returning. After acquiring PFS I also had very white pubic hair on the scrotum/ball sack also. Pigmentation has returned to scrotum hair.
  • General mood and brainfog. I couldn’t describe it any other way than feeling the same way I did before ever taking finasteride. It even affects the way my memory works for a lack of better description. The state of mind and everything along with it I had for 10 years now feels like a foggy distant dream.
  • Muscle loss. This is probably gonna sound weird to a lot of people. But after the initial reported finasteride muscle loss, I turned into an impotent Captain America in the months after crashing (those who have seen my pictures can attest to this being the case). After ingesting oral steroids from a tainted protein supplement for about a month some years later I ended up crashing again and I had severe muscle loss that stayed with me much like everyone else experiences. My posture was shit. I had tight weak muscles and no matter what I did I just couldn’t build the muscle back no matter how hard I tried. And fuck did I try without effect for 6 years. With current medicine regimen I am finally able to build the lost muscle back, it’s been only 2 months but the difference is day and night.
  • Vitamin D levels. In my 10 years of suffering from PFS in every single bloodtest I had done my vitamin d levels were well below the normal range. My first bloodtest since my current medication regimen marks the first time in 10 years after acquiring PFS for my vitamin d levels to be in the healthy normal range. Worth noting is I don’t take any vitamin supplements nor did I change my diet (I’ve been on a very strict, unchanged and healthy diet for years now). Gabapentin has been the only variable to cause this result of that I’m convinced.

I think this sums up the most important things. Let me stress again these are medicine that are not be taken lightly, I wouldn’t recommend anyone to jump on any of them going just by my anecdotal account. I know Paroxetine is an SSRI and can cause androgen insensitivity just the same as finasteride. That’s the gamble I knowingly and willingly made for that particular reason. Bupropion I have been told is often prescribed to counter act the sexual side effects from SSRI’s. I saw potential in taking them together. The only noteworthy change I had with starting that medication regimen has to do with receding gums:

• After acquiring PFS I started developing gum recession even though my oral hygiene was perfect. Taking Paroxetine and Bupropion together marked complete stagnation of gum recession. In fact it saw some regrowth of my gums.
    Without a doubt the introduction of Gabapentin in my regimen has been instrumental since it kickstarted this feeling of recovery that I’ve had for 2 months now.
    Quetiapine I feel could be left out, but that’s just a hunch. I added it to the list to not leave out any details.

I’ll add more if I see fit but I think I covered most of it with this post. I’ll drop in to give updates for those interested. Always remember people, never lose hope.

1 Like

Interesting post. Can you please go into how you settled on that particular combination of medications and their dosages? For instance, did you add them one at a time and alter dosages or did you suddenly begin taking them in their current regime without any adjustment or additions/subtractions?

1 Like

Sure no problem, I’ll give a rundown of my medication adjustments with timelines.

I initially started out with just Bupropion and Quetiapine 7 years ago for mental health reasons. A combination of prednisone, heavy weed and hash use in combination with anabolic steroid poisoning from a tainted protein supplement put me in a drug induced psychosis. Quetiapine is used to treat psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder primarily. Bupropion to treat adhd as well as boost my depressed mood. I decided to stay on both because bipolar disorder and adhd are things I dealt with well before ever suffering from PFS. Taken them had nothing to do with PFS whatsoever.
    Quetiapine 600mg
    Bupropion 450mg, 150mg 3x a day
    Effect on PFS: Very little. Quetiapine makes you drowzy and sleepy initially when you start taking it but the effect wears off over time. I would still have piss poor sleep due to PFS regardless. Bupropion I felt had a minor effect on PFS symptoms but nothing to write home about.

• 2018/2019
    Requested to take Paroxetine because it is used to treat premature ejaculation. Knowing it is an SSRI I was also interested in seeing how it would interact with Bupropion because it gets prescribed together with SSRI’s to mitigate the sexual side effects. I noticed a very small improvement when I started taking it, but once again nothing to write home about. It wasn’t much, but it was something, so I decided to stay on it. What came as a total surprise to me was the fact my gums had stopped receding when I had my appointment with the dental hygienist. Not only that but I had regrowth of my gum pockets. After acquiring PFS I started having gum recession, I was stoked to have this process halted.
    Quetiapine 800mg, raised on request to help me sleep better.
    Bupropion 300mg, 150mg 2x a day, lowered to 300 (because Bupropion and Paroxetine both have effect on the heart).
    Paroxetine 20mg initially but raised with an extra 10mg on request (this way I could spread the intake of Paroxetine throughout the day for aimed better success with premature ejaculation).

I had an appointment coming up with the urologist to have surgery on the short frenulum of my penis. I remembered Gabapentin killed the pain of pulling a wisdom teeth entirely the day after I took it 10 years ago. So I requested it again for the surgery. I was prescribed 300mg and felt absolutely amazing in every aspect of my PFS symptoms. I was horny, popped spontaneous boners, had morning wood and slept like a baby. And most of all the effects lasted for months afterwards. I recall vividly having to mentally fight the spontaneous erections in order to not strain the stitches I had from surgery in fear of pulling them loose. Premature ejaculation did rear it’s ugly head over time but to a lesser extent. I reported my PFS symptom relief back to my doctor and he agreed to put me 100mg of Gabapentine daily for starters and it has been nothing short of miraculous ever since. Premature ejaculation subsided again, not sure if it would return if I stopped taking Gabapentin. I’ll stay on it if need be, I feel absolutely amazing with this regimen and that is good enough for me. It helps that I have been blessed with doctors that support me in fighting PFS. My general practictioner even filed an official complaint against the use of Finasteride for treatment of hairloss.

Which brings me to my current regimen:
8:00 Bupropion 150mg / Paroxetine 20mg
16:00 Bupropion 150mg / Paroxetine 10mg
20:00 Quetiapine 800mg
21:00 Gabapentin 100mg

2 Likes

Interesting that you had premature ejaculation when most have numbness, or basically the opposite.

I’m pretty sure one of the mods reported the same. I think it was awor.

1 Like

When can we affirm you recovered or achieved normal life?
4 years after quit? 6? 8?

I’m not entirely sure what you mean, but I’ll keep posting here to keep everyone updated. I think you’re referring to a timeframe of sustained PFS symptom relief without crashing before we can definitively say I have recovered, is that correct? I’m surprised myself I haven’t crashed already really. I’ve been feeling great for roughly 4 months without fluctuations. I’m not sure you could call it a recovery though when you need this medication regimen for PFS symptom relief. But at the very least it’s a working treatment. And I hope to God this works for everyone else with PFS too. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Hey, does this combo works for anhedonia/emotional numbness?

I meant, in other words:
How long since you developed PFS, you were with the syndrom until you get a 80% recovery for example.?
How long you get stuck with that until you were okay mentally and sexually to affirm “i’m normal again”?

I definitely feel more connected to everything around me since starting this regimen. Reason I went with Blunted"NoMore" as my username hehe.

Since starting current regimen (adding Gabapentin as the great decider) everything just clicked and I feel normal again, you know it when you feel it. There is no mistaking the feeling and that’s coming from someone who has had PFS for 10 years. I remember reading a story from a member who suffered from PFS for years and he decided to take 1 pill of Finasteride again to feel completely recovered for 2 weeks until he crashed again. I don’t think it matters how long you’ve been suffering from PFS and to what extent or how much you recovered in the meantime percentage wise on your own after crashing. I don’t think anyone is beyond saving, PFS is reversible for everyone. But that’s just my 2 cents.

4 Likes

Hello!
How are you doing now? Have Gabapentin proven to work long-term?

How u feel today?

Howdy, I’m doing great.
It’s been a while since I posted and have to re-read where I left off.
The one major update I can give since my last posts concerns the pre-mature ejaculation that plagued me after acquiring PFS.
This current regimen of medication I’m taking has caused a major shift in that department. Where as before I would ejaculate instantly during penetration. I can now last hours before reaching orgasm, and have amazing orgasms with it. Got to put it to the test but broke up with my girlfriend recently over non-PFS related issues. Sex life wasn’t one of it, my stamina has returned fully. I’m back to being the stallion I was before ever taking finasteride.
What esle can I say, mood is great, sleep is great, no brainfog and the list goes on.
I’m working hard on making up for the time lost being in limbo with PFS. Through all the trails and tribulations with this bullshit, it doesn’t get any better than this.
I’m never getting back the years I could have had if I never took this poison. But there’s so much joy in where I am right now.
I wish you all the best, we can all beat this thing.
Never lose hope.

3 Likes

I should mention I increased gabapentine from 100mg to 400mg with even better results.

Your words are very inspiring, I’m very glad to read about your recovery.
Are you still taking these drugs? And have you also recovered from the physical changes?