Beware of Doctors claiming Medical Breakthroughs - Dr. Georgiadis - Greece

I have already sent him a follow up message. It is basically common knowledge that side-effects cause sexual side effects and the hypothetical case I presented only had mild symptoms. You can see for yourself in the message, but after the fictional patient recovered and had zero symptoms and a healthy ultrasound image the doctor still thought I should come and visit him eventually. Please correct me if I am wrong, but the doctor has not told a single person that they do not require his care. I feel I could send him an ultrasound of a pregnant female and he would still diagnose the patient with CP.

Dear Dr. Georgiadis,

Thank you very much for your response. I was advised to stop taking Zoloft for a few days and after 2 days my problems disappeared. Both my sensitivity and libido have returned so I think it is pretty likely my problems were side effects of the medication. Do you still think that I have chronic prostatitis? It is very difficult for me to to take a month off of work to come to Greece as I may only be able to afford one or two days. If I do have chronic prostatitis and I don’t do anything about it, what would the prognosis be?

Sincerely,

Robert

Dear Mr Fellows,

As long as your symptoms are still in a controllable level, you can postpone the treatment. Of course this means that the
inflammation will continue, even if it temporarily “hides” in terms of symptoms and you would probably need more treatment time, but it will take many years before it reaches a point where it becomes dangerous. So there is no need to rush.

My prognosis is that eventually the symptoms will reach a point where not even antibiotics will be of much help to relieve you,
but as I said, as long as you can control and live with them somehow, you can postpone your visit to me.

When you feel ready to visit me, contact me during that time and we will arrange to clean the chronic prostatitis for good.

Yours sincerely,
Pavlos Georgiadis

Like I said, the easiest way to know for sure will be to see what the results are from people here who are seeing him currently. Unfortunately, if you are correct, then those guys will have been duped.

I do not think that just sitting back and doing nothing, but reading research will eventually fix us. It has already been 10 years with no real results. I have wasted my last 6.5 years because of this. Ages 18-24. These are supposed to be the best most active times of my life.

It will take active users to find the “fix”.

The sad thing is, it seems like the users who have the $, and the ambition as well to try things (solo, JN, etc) get crushed here for trying…

Do I expect this Dr G to be the answer? No, not really. But it very well could shed some light on a new part of the story.

Yes, but only if you 100% believe everything that is posted online by an anonymous user.

As a caveat and to play devil’s advocate – as I mentioned in the prostatitis thread, users who paid money to undergo treatment in Greece may feel compelled to write “they feel better”, simply because they paid all that money. Or, perhaps because they want to promote solonjk’s theory. Or to promote Dr. G. Or… there could be any number of reasons… but honestly, I doubt these scenarios are the case. I am not saying this is what has or will happen, simply that it could happen.

On the other hand, it really could be the case they do feel better. If people are posting they feel better, that is always good news in whatever shape or form. The only issue is, what does better mean, as without adequate description, “better” is subject to interpretation. How much better on a scale of 1/10? What were symptoms before/after? Detailed timeline of changes? These types of questions will help assess the situation.

The truth is, we really have no way of verifying people’s claims other than their post history on this site and making an individual judgement call as to what we believe is true or not, or probable or not, based on their posts.

I disagree. It will take RESEARCH by scientists to find the root cause of our problem, before a truly effective treatment/cure can be determined or developed.

Regardless it is commendable that people are taking action to try various known treatment options, to see if it helps improve any symptoms without directly addressing the root cause (which, if and when its found, will provide clarity as to how we got into this situation in the first place).

I understand what you are saying, but I seriously doubt that say out of 6 guys that go, all will say that it worked, if it really didnt. I trust the guys here, we are all in this together, to get better. Don’t lose sight of that.

I disagree with your thoughts on research > action. Best is mostly research, with logical action. Scientists do not care about a group of 1,000 registered users on a web site that are suffering. They do not even realize how bad we suffer. I honestly doubt some scientist or Dr. is going to find the cause of this, the root cause, especially when it could be a complex web of things. Its been 10 years already, and there are about 3-4 doctors who even CARE about this.

I am happy that you are optimistic though, I wish I was more.

############

Back to topic :wink:

Solon if you ask me seriously and read my messages before you ask I can give all the detail of my treatment. But when you completely ignore what I write and trying to prove me a liar then there is no point in wasting your or my time. This is the reason I stopped responding.
let me tell you my main problems before SP.
1-weak stream. burning in my urine all the time. painful urination.I had to drink a lot of water to keep my urine diluted. I was drinking 14 - 16 glasses of water or maybe more depending on the weather but even in winter water intake was high.
2-getting up every 2 hours during the night for peeing. Even at night had to drink water. My urine used to get thick very quickly.dark yellow or brownish.
3-My penis was always erect and sticking out. Very shameful for me. It was very hard for me especially at work.
4-My urologist told me to have sex as much as possible. He said my prostate is clogged so keep draining it.

without going into the detail I took

Pan Britain 500mg ( I don’t know the exact spellings but it was ampicillin and ampiclox ) for about 2 months. It was very hard on me. Upset my sotmach badly
Uroxine 40 mg for 4 months.
Doxy cycline for 4 months.
I used some other ABs as well but don’t remember now.It has been long time . ( all before 1997 or 1998).

Doxy cycline was very mild on me, it gave no problems and I really felt very smooth urination while on it.

I did not use any Ab till today since 1997.
massages here in Canada did not help me or maybe slightly but I did not feel at all But remember my problem was not libido or erections at that time. Indeed it was the opposite.I was just looking for easy urine flow and reduction in my burning, frequent urination.( I used to feel like someone is cutting my urethra with a knife due to very thin stream).Even urologist who performed cystoscopy did not give me any AB. He told me apparatus is clean and I don’t need any AB. I got blood in my pee for 2 days after the procedure.

Now after SP use

My burning is gone.
My junk once bigger and havier than average is smaller and shrunk.
My stream is hell a lot wider and thicker I never imagined in my life (may be no obstruction after prostate shrinkage).
I get up some time only once or twice during night. This time it is different. I feel like I will wet my bed , where as before I used to get up with strong erections and the way to get them down was to pee.
My errections are gone.
I hardly drink 4 glasses of water a day.

In short I have got rid of all of my problems but at the cost bigger and more severe problems.
Before saw palmetto libido was never my problem, before or after prostate treatment.I had never thought of it in my life. I even did not know the meaning of libido or impotence (English is not my first language).It took me some time to properly search for my problems in the google.

Spstriken, i understand your condition. But it seems that your problem was mostly due to increase in dht, prostatitis, along with mild hypertrophy. Urination symptoms become prevalent when there is hypertrophy of the tissues, thats why saw palmetto alievated them.
The actual inflammation of prostate and other organs in the region depending on where it expands affects sexuality mostly (erections quality, sensitivity, sperm) rather than urinary symptoms.
People still seem to confuse them.

The times i got urinary symptoms where the times i had used HcG or herbal LH analogs (tribulus,speman), which increased the size of my prostate for a few weeks. Sexual symptoms mostly are affected by Inflammation which is depended on pathogens and immunity not on hormones so much.

Otherwise a 50yr old guy with a 40cc prostate would not have any erections, which is not the case, instead he may or should have urinary incontinence or obstruction because hypertrophy takes place at the anterior prostatic portion where the urethra goes through.

I don’t know what you make out of this, but we are talking about two different conditions.

*Hormonal mediated hypertrophy which causes mostly urinary symptoms

google.gr/imgres?imgurl=http://www.lisalaserusa.com/wp-content/uploads/BPHanimation.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.lisalaserusa.com/bph-patient-information/&usg=__Ngp12sPHMo4qyyBQTzLvkVKu628=&h=169&w=125&sz=41&hl=el&start=5&zoom=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=I_07LD2vaaxN0M:&tbnh=99&tbnw=73&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dprostate%2Bhypertrophy%2Burethra%26um%3D1%26hl%3Del%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1566%26bih%3D1003%26tbm%3Disch&ei=PjogTviwFYWg8QP0sPijAw

*Pathogen-immune mediated inflammation which affects mostly sexuality but may also intermingle with hypertrophy due to excessive dht production, or with finasteride induced atrophy which makes the prostatitis much more severe.

These two situations are treated differently.
You did what was correct for you at that time. Saw palmetto is to decrease prostate swelling. But you should treat afterwards with antibiotics and massages. You did it a bit the other way.

Mew, research won’t shed much because its towards the wrong direction. Searching for numbness. Ok i had numbness and now i don’t have it. It went away post treatment. Also my numbness fluctuated severely within the last 2-3 years. Was good for a couple of years then almost zero this year. Also it was zero for the first two years post fin use.

And even still, lets consider Awor’s attempt, which is very interesting, yet it doesn’t address the basic issue here and this is that all our genital structures have been affected by finasteride, receptors and other mediators come very far into this process or have little meaning because there is no way to develop a treatment to address any receptor mediated malfunction.
Other than hormones or bringing down the inflammation i guess, unless Awor and the scientists are going to device treatments on molecular or genetic basis which is still science fiction for the medical community.

We are talking about palpable and realistic options within this decade.

And since hormones don’t work you have to look onto other reasons. For me and with all the logic i have gathered through all them years of searching and trying the reason remains the organs which don’t function properly because of the unhealthy environment created post-finasteride.

Solon
I already said my condition was different. yes I had BPH after prostatitis.I have been exercise and muscular body loving guy. I was crazy for doing exercise all the time, and looked way younger for my age.
But now my whole body looks rubbery. My feet, toes, hands, fingers ,face etc all are puffy. Sking feels soft and again made up of plastic. My chest have lost muscles and got fat and rubber (no gyno though).
I dont know man what it is.
I respect your theories and will wait for 2 -3 months till every body has tried Dr.G.

I am pretty sure Awor’s theory has a lot of weight and maybe his team will discover the true cause behind our problems but would they discover a treatment as well? This is a tough question to answer. There are so many diseases and we know the reason as well but there is no treatment as of yet.

Hi solon

I think this is your thread , you are Sobot?

steroidology.com/forum/testosterone-replacement-therapy/585761-finasteride-induced-serious-problems.html

Did you read it back? The user robbocopp replied to you.

[i]realize this is an old thread - if you’re still checking it - but, I too have problems with finasteride… big ones… I wrote about it and argued against its use other than for prostate protection …

I had “similar” problems - but not as drastic.

I “cured” (harder erections, significantly increased sperm production and higher testosterone levels) my own using

a.) t4 at full replacement dosage …in my case 150mcg-200mcg/s day – this took me some of the way back, better erections and better sperm production (250testosterone levels before and 400after) … BUT - during finasteride use I developed HYPOTHYROIDISM (not saying it is DIRECTLY connected to but, damn it WHAT a coincidence at 34 !!) so perhaps this is why the t4 helped.

and for a completely UNKNOWN reason (not one I can explain medically)

b.) after an injury I took Dexamethasone - ONLY for 5 days - but, once I stopped, within a week my erections were GREAT and after retesting my testosterone levels were great (700)… I started growing again naturally, and felt great…

Cannot explain it … but, this is my experience [/i]

Is it possible after fin/sp use our immune system is attacking us?
did you try Dexamethasone? if yes could you give some updates?

SP i am pretty sure Solonjk never tried Dexamethasone, or if he did, he never got any benefits. If you want to chance it then it’s available on unitedpharmacies for a very low price.

Go ahead and start it if you like…

I am considering ordering some for when i return home.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5286

Read that thread. I propose a “partial + recovery” in there that is basically that.

And that is exactly why I was mad that the “recovery + theory” post was not approved in the theories section, but rather just merged into my story thread…no1 will read it there.

Heres the funny side of all this:

Dr Crisler = GOD
Dr Georgiadis = SATAN

Dr Crisler = Aware that PFS exists and would claim to be a main activist behind our cause but Is well aware there is no cure yet. However, he will continue to take appointments with PFS guys, making himself THOUSANDS of dollars along the way, treating people with the same protocols that have failed many and possibly worsened their situation.

Conclusion: No questions to be asked here, none at all. GO SPEND YOUR MONEY GUYS…GET YOUR PARENTS TO REMOTGAGE THEIR HOMES, IT WILL BE WELL WORTH IT.

Dr Georgiadis = Isnt quite sure about PFS as an independent condition, rather believes CP is causing our symptoms. Is willing to treat what he belives is CP to relieve us of our symptoms. Totally legit guy treating people from all over the world. Could potentially have an important role to play in all of this in terms of how much improvemnet we may see in our members currently being treated by him.

Conclusion: probably some weirdo Uro looking to make a quick fix. Has never diagnosed and treated Chronic Prostatitis. Just pretends to, and gets rich. BEWARE AND AVOID.

People aren’t mortgaging their houses to see Dr. Crisler. In fact, not many people choose to see him and there aren’t claims that Dr. Crisler is a deity. People are literally taking out multiple loans to spend at least a full month in Greece to see Dr. Georgiadis. You are right, that people should be more conscious of the haphazard approach that is taken by PFS doctors. After trying TRT for a reasonable period of time, I have stopped consulting with endocrinologists for the present time since doing so did not help me personally. I was told up front that there were no guarantees and the treatment would instill trial and error and may not be fruitful.

It is very far from certain that he is a ‘totally legit guy’ when it comes to PFS treatments. As you have seen in the emails I sent him, it is very suspicious that he diagnosed medical problems where they certainly did not exist, more than once. Given he seems to be offering fake diagnoses to lure patients to Greece, he should be viewed with much more caution the other doctors.

If he knowingly offers fake diagnoses in order to procure patients and offer fake treatments where he probes the patients’ anus with his fingers, I would definitely say he is a weirdo. I can’t say with certainty that this is the case, but all evidence points to this conclusion.

Actually, some people have taken loans out to see Dr Chrisler. In my 3 years of seeing Dr Crisler, I have probably spent close to $3-4k in consultations, tests, and medications. I’m within driving distance, but think of all of the people who have flown in from other countries. Many of them have probably spent $5+k. What have we got out of it? Zilch. I am not saying he is a bad Dr, I am just saying that right now, he is not much help for us.

Yea, perhaps because you cant fix our problem with hormones… if that is the case, it would be because it is prostatitis…

I personally did have not consulted with Dr. Crisler so I don’t know what he tells patients, but I would be upset if he promised you a recovery and do not deliver. It is an entirely different story if he says he has tried several methods that work X% of the time and he is willing to try to solve your problems. However, it is very problematic if the doctors are claiming false success rates or promising results that are impossible. I can’t say if you had this experience with Dr. C.

This argument is illogical. If hormones are not the answer all you can say is that hormones are not the answer. The problem may be epigenetic, androgen insensitivity, neurological, CP, or something that was not mentioned.

There is where you are special. You are truly a special case, where I think that you have serious learning difficulties. Maybe reading and comprehension skillls. Did you do well at school?. I fear for you in a wider sense if you live your day-to-day life not being able to read basic sentences and understanding their meaning.

Quite laughable when its obvious that the exact opposite is the case. Why embarrass yourself and everyone else here with such posts? This isn’t a forum just for us, researchers also view this forum. It’s difficult enough for us to be taken seriously.

I have been to see two PFS docs and attempted multiple treatments with no improvement. While I’m not sold on this at all I do understand the feeling of frustration and wanting to get better. Of course, I wish all the guys going to Kos well.

I’m wondering if anyone seeking treatment would have full panel testing done BEFORE and then a few months after treatment? I’d be particularly interested in vit d and 3-alpha diol G levels. Showing improvement in those 2 areas certianly would go a long way to make your case. And, any changes from your past labs might prove helpful.

Any takers?

Youre another special one. I will give you a clue here.

WHERE DID I SAY THAT GEORGIADIS WILL CURE PFS? SERIOUSLY. DONT MAKE IT SOUND THAT WAY. HE TREATS CHRONIC PROSTATITIS. THATS IT.