Amino Acid For neurological symptoms

What have you been doing diet wise?

More fibre, I definitely am not saying that this is what has helped however. It is unlikely to hurt you though.

Fibres change your guts flora, from what I understand.

Day 123 I ate only meat at dinner yesterday and took 2 pills of anti-histamin. I got knock out for good. Sleep 9/10. Is it because of no carbs ? Or the pills only ? Probably both.

Getting up from bed was hard. Gravity was really pulling me back ! Even after taking my wake up pills I stayed grogy for an hour or two. Then I was normal. It seems I can have a little carbs for breakfast as long as Iā€™m active and burn it up after.

Anyway. I wanted a resful night, I got it.

Today Iā€™m eating mostly fat grilled chicken, as thatā€™s what available.
Tonight, Iā€™ll take 1 1/2 pill of anti-histamin. That should do it.

Canā€™t wait to test Orexin at 6pm to see if it helps with circadian rythm.

Iā€™ll post tomorrow.

Day 125 Sleep hasnā€™t come back. Last two nights, I slept some, then woke up and drifted in and off for the rest of the night. 3.5/10

Iā€™ll have to eliminate things from my regimen. Iā€™ll eliminate all new addiction from the last month. Thatā€™s Sulforaphane, St-Johnā€™s Worth, Schisandra and Bacopa. Might as well stop Horny Goat weed for 2 weeks, make this week a Pine Pollen week and the next one a Tribulus Terrestris. Maybe iā€™ll just stop the sex herbs later on. Never had much problem with sex plus I donā€™t care having high or low sex drive. I just have more or less sex and itā€™s fine either way.

I need to get my sleep back and Iā€™m doing something wrong. Of course, I had crappy food while I was on the island for 4 days. So Iā€™m also back to full ketogenic.

Update: Horrible day. Iā€™ve been tired, had brain fog and was barely able to work. It reminds me of the last 6 months before stopping fin. I would have insomnia, and be incapacitated 4-5 days a week.

The amino acids were working fine. Even after a bad night, I would have nice, productive days full of energy and in a good mood.

I think itā€™s the Sulforaphane that messed it up. I noticed amino acids were not working as well with it. And with the extra herbs Iā€™m taking, itā€™s now hard to find out what does what. So, Iā€™ll reset to what it was before and this time I will not try to get it perfect, but just good enough so I can pass those few years and heal. (that is, I believe I can heal in 4-5 years.)

Day 126 Looks like it works. 9/10 Sleep. What did I change ?

First I went on a strict ketogenic diet, no carbs, high saturated fat and limited protein. So Iā€™m not on a carnivore / ketogenic diet anymore. Just a plain keto one.
I just found what they call fat bombsā€¦ Basically 80% saturated fat with something to make it palatable, like cacao powder and stevia.

Second I stopped all herbs that are said to be for the brain. I guess its messed up enough already, donā€™t need to add more. That includes Sulforaphane. Bye bye !

Third, I was exhausted. ha ha. So I may not sleep as good tonight.

Nonetheless, now that Iā€™ve made the relation between carbs and insomnia, I will try and reduce carbs to the least possible amounts (it is to be noted that the body can transform proteins into carbs.)

I used coconut oil and ghee, plus cacao and Equal sweetener (I know I know)

Day 127 Sleep 9/10. although it did take me time to fall asleep. that should teach me about NOT eating a cocoa fat bomb in the evening. Nothing wrong with the fat, but chocolate can have caffeine like effects.

Im surprised how fast I could get back to no symptoms at all. The secret: no carbs and exercise. And stopping stuff like Sulforaphane, St-Johns Worth, Bacopa, Schisandra. Plants with neurological effects are hard to control.

Plus they are plants and Im anti-vegan ideology. I think we should eat almost only animals (but dont tell all 7 billions of us, there wont be enough for everyone. I also think we shouldnt be 7 billion, but that`s another topic)

I will update my regimen under Ozeph Regimen and Supplement

Day 128 Sleep 9.25/10 plus I reduced Clonazepam by 0.5 mg yesterday . It didnā€™t affect my sleep.
I will reduce by 0.5 mg again tonight, which will bring me to the dose I was taking in January, before I had to go on a business trip and deviated from my diet. Iā€™ll keep reducing the sleeping drugs as much as I can.

I write sleep 9.25/10 because it was almost perfect, except for the finale: Iā€™m groggy from the sleeping pills when I wake up, it lasts about an hour. Letā€™s call this an artificial 9.25. and see if I can make it more natural, without drugs.

I also had 2 fat bombs yesterday. A chocolate one in the morning and a mixed berry and almond one in the evening. Plus I had 2 pieces of cheese before sleep which provides energy for the night, but also tryptophan, which converts into melatonin. (provided you have magnesium, calcium, vitamin D and zinc available but I have plenty of those). Not only I sleep good, but I managed to start gaining weight in fat. So far, all my weight gains were in muscle. If i start gaining in fat, I can adjust the fat bombs to just stay level. This way, I feel no hunger and I have the level of energy Iā€™m burning each day.

So Iā€™m symptom free during the day, and have been symptom free for three nights. Let see whatā€™s next.

Day 129 Sleep 9/10. I did not and will not try to reduce Clonazepam by more than 0.5 mg a week. This thing is addictive and get stored in fat. Meanwhile, Iā€™ll rely on 12.5 mg of Hydroxyzine to stay asleep. That and the 2 slices of cheese before sleep.

Again, daytime is normal and so is sex life. (if you can call normal the diet and supplements Iā€™m taking to achieve this)

I eat cooked spinach almost everyday. Iā€™ll try eating it raw instead and test the Dolichol theory. Looks like at least one guy recovered from spinach. Sounds like a lottery, you just have to pick your lucky supplement !
Plus itā€™s obviously harmless to try.

lol, unfortunately this seems to be true for the time being. Perhaps one day that will change.

1 Like

Day 130 Sleep 8/10 which Iā€™m still grateful for having. I think thatā€™s the effect of having decreased Clonazepam by 0.5 mg 2 days ago. This shit is addictive and the withdrawal effects are delayed. Letā€™s see if I can lower more in a week or if I should wait yet another week before decreasing (if Iā€™m decreasing again at all).

Meanwhile, Iā€™m chewing raw spinach. Itā€™s less dishes to wash than having to cook it but it makes me feel like a rabbit or a cow. It also a bit hard on the stomach but hey ! Itā€™s not like this disease is a fun ride anyway.

Aside from that, no new experiment. Iā€™m just keeping the same heading and sailing smoothly until time decides I had enough and wave its magical wand to heal me.

The best to you all, Iā€™ll keep posting as always.

Update: I felt demotivated all day. ! took an extra 350 mg of L-Dopa and decided to try 50 mg of Sulforaphane again. In my past attempts, it kept me focused and motivated but had a bad effect on sleep and made me depress. Letā€™s see if I can get my motivation back and if I get the rest with it.

Hve you tried glutamic acid? Its the precursor of GABA. As far as I can tell you only tried glutamine.

I didnā€™t. I should try.

Thanks for the tip !

Day 133 Sleep was around 7.5/10 for the last few days. Itā€™s ok, Iā€™m decreasing Clonazepam and tonight will decrease Hydroxyzine as it keeps me groggy all day long.

I started again Sulforaphane with various results. looks like at first, I get great concentration and motivation and after taking it a few days it does nothing and eventually start having bad effect. So Iā€™ll see if cycling it yields better results. I will also use smaller doses. 30-40 mg is enough.

Aside from that, Iā€™m not really trying anything new. Iā€™m currently on Tribulus Terrestris but will soon switch to Horny Goat Weed, which seems to have a stronger effect on me.

Life goes onā€¦

1 Like

Day 135 I had sleep 8 or 9/10 for the last two nights, despite decreasing hydroxyzine (and Clonazepam last week). Thatā€™s a streak of 10 days of good nights, ranging from 7.5 to 9 on 10, AND I decreased sleeping drugs.

What do I do ? Iā€™m as ketogenic as I can, reducing even proteins to prevent their transformation into glucose (and of course 0 carbs) and I added fat bombs as dessert to my meal. The one I had just a moment ago was made of 75% coconut oil and ghee, the rest being heavy cream, almond powder and mixed berry juice as well as stevia. 1 fat bomb = 500 calories. As a result, I not only eliminated most anxiety, slept better, but also stopped losing weight. Ketogenic diet are known to make you thin and Iā€™m as thin as Iā€™ve ever been. So I need to stabilize and stop losing weight.

Second secret, 3 slices of cheese before sleep.

I have to add fiber to my diet though. Iā€™m pushing the limits with this crazy diet. I ended up constipated, with blood in my stool.

1 Like

Day 136 Sleep 7/10 after oversleeping 11 hours the day before. I actually knew it would happen, if I want to sleep well, I have to set the alarm and sleep no more than 8:300 even on holidays.

So i want to try and test out what happens when I stop some of the supplements Iā€™m taking. Today, I didnā€™t take my ā€œright before lunchā€ amino acids. Those are 5-HTP 100 mg, L-Tyrosine 1000 mg and L-Dopa 350 mg (as well as vitamin B complex). around 4:30 pm, I started feeling insecure, a bit confused and started having anxiety. So I took the pills. I know, I could have went through the unpleasant experience and see where it leads, but whatā€™s the point ? If I wanted to live the full spectrum of pfs symptoms I would never have taken on a diet with exercise and aminos to begin with.

Next week, Iā€™ll see what happens if I stop Calcium Lactate and Pyruvate in the morning. I took those following the theory of narcolepsy in an attempts t have my Orexin receptors un-hindered by glucose. Lactate and pyruvate protects those receptors and makes Orexin more efficient. I already stopped taking it in the afternoon, now I want to see what happens if I donā€™t take it at all.

Iā€™ll continue testing the elimination of supplements in order to only take those that benefit me.

What happens if you donā€™t take the hydroxyzine and/or clonazepam for sleep?

I donā€™t sleep at all. Eventually my alarm rings and itā€™s time to get up.

Insomnia has been building up in the last 4 year of taking fin, it became total after the crash 10 months ago.

Day 137 Bad sleep again 7/10 with 5 being the lower limit at which I can still have a functional day, but barely. below 5, the ship is sinking. Iā€™m accumulating fatigue or at the very least I cannot function during the day. 1/10 would mean I can accomplish to brush my teeth, eat and maybe take a shower. thatā€™s it. So at 7, I can function during the day, itā€™s just that the night was agitated and unpleasant.

So anyway. Yesterday, in an attempt to add fibers to my diet, I put a cup or red kidney beans in my evening meal. Itā€™s got 13 gr of fibers, nice, but also 40 gr of carbs. As a result, I had anxiety in the evening and didnā€™t sleep well at night. Good news, I can go toilet and no longer have blood in my stool. So I will now purchase orange flavored dietary fiber at the pharmacy and eat the pumpkin seed sitting on my desk.

Ketogenic diet: Great ! No more neurological symptom, headache, sinusitis, gastric problem, joint problem, gingivitis, etcā€¦ BUT, youā€™re stuck with it. You eat carbs, you get your misery refunded to you.

2 Likes

Day 138 Sleep improving, 8/10. Carbs really makes a difference.

Yesterday I took Sulforaphane, around 11am, 40mg. It really helps clear brain fog, being focused and in a good mood. The body gets used to it pretty fast so I have to cycle it, 3 days in 3 days out.

I believe itā€™s by cycling things that we can trigger the body to fix and balance itself with whatā€™s missing.

2 Likes