Amino Acid For neurological symptoms

Ozeph I think you should try to do some fasting and then have some time of refeeding window to cure that Gastroenteristis that you have. If you don’t really adress this issue with you gut that you are having, all the pills, supplements and food that you are taking won’t do much.
I’m not aware if you have done prolonged fasting before, but it’s not fairly difficult if you supplement while fasting with pink salt, magnesium chloride and potasium citrate; those electrolytes should keep your fasting in check.
Best of luck!

Thanks for the tips.

Norovirus (gastroenteritis) lasts only 2-3 days. I’m better today, tomorrow it will be gone.

I admire those who can do fasting. I can’t, not even intermittent fasting, and that’s because the amino acids I’m taking are proteins and are breaking the fast and I’m sick if I don’t take 'em. I would need a period of time when I can afford to be sick and stop working (i’m working 7/7). I’m interested in the aspect of fasting where unhealthy cells are destroyed and replaced by healthy ones. The other aspects of fasting, I get in the ketogenic diet and this is why I’ve seen so more improvement just by doing this diet alone.

I will try to find time to do it.

Day 64: I had a better night of sleep 5/10. Digestive tract is getting back online. I’m taking probiotics as well as hydrolyzed collagen to fix the guts. I’m also taking Lactate and Choline to help the vagus nerve which regulates digestion. (it’s not an addiction, it’s part of my regular regimen).

By the way, I’ve made minor changes in my regimen but I can’t edit the first post of this thread anymore. It’s locked. I will eventually create a new thread to update the regimen and clarify how I first implemented it for those who want to try.

1 Like

Day 65: Still improving. 6.5/10. I kept waking up all night, but not completely and I just turn around and go back to sleep. I didn’t have a 6 hours of straight sleep. The gastroenteritis is over and I can digest food and supplements. I took probiotics and will take it again today to make sure the guts flora is as it should be. For the same reason, I will take some apple cider vinegar with mother as it kills bad bacteria (E.coli) in the guts. And some collagen peptide, 2.5 gr, in case the gut’s lining was damaged.

The food allergies didn’t come back so I think the guts are fine. I can eat low quantities of carbs (60 gr a day) like 3 slices of bread, one with jam, in the morning. I put 2 tsp of sugar in my coffee. My body is still used to creating ketones out of saturated fat (ketones are the small fat fragments the body use along with insulin to replace glucose. we can function better without sugar and carbs, ketones are a better fuel for muscle and brain), so I’m not carbs dependent and I don’t get hypoglycemia ever (I used to get it on a regular basis). The rest of the day, I will eat only protein and saturated fat except and 1/2 tps of honey in 1/4 cup of milk (and 5 tsp of inusitol (B8) before sleeping. The B8 helps in not waking up full awake, but half awake instead and makes it easy to go back to sleep.) I don’t have reactions from carbs anymore. This has been fixed.

This dual energy thing is cool. I’m making it a point to still eat high protein and high saturated fat everyday, but I can eat normal food if I want to. No ill effects. I know I’m burning the fat because of the smell of my urine (burned ketones end up in urine and it has a strong, distinctive smell) and because I still have my six pack and I’m not accumulating any fat.

The gastroenteritis episode shows me I still have pfs, and I should know because I still take sleeping pills and even with them have problem sleeping. I’ve been taking Calcium Lactate and Calcium Pyruvate, total 1200 mg a day for less than 50% rdi of Calcium. I take it first thing after waking up and 45 minutes before having breakfast so I make sure the Lactate and Pyruvate protects the Orexin receptors from glucose. It works at making me awake fast and steady throughout the day but doesn’t help improve sleep. I am now ruling out narcolepsy as the source of insomnia (Narcolepsy is a lack of Orexin producing neurons in the hypothalamus due to an auto immune response. It makes the sufferer sleepy in the day time and wake up frequently at night). Of course, I have the second part, but it can be caused by something else. I’m also looking at ruling out adrenal fatigue. I may have reacted badly to Adrenal Cortex supplements (which would have helped if I had adrenal fatigue) and the honey and milk before sleep don’t seem to change anything. It looks like it’s the B8 that improves sleep. Anyway, running on dual fuel mode I don’t see why I would have a spike of Cortisol or Adrenalin if lacking Cortisol, my body being constantly supplied with ketones and protein (fat and proteins are all over the place. Only carbs are stored in a limited quantity as it’s a plant storage mechanism. Not an animal one.)

I will still double check about adrenal fatigue with a low dose of Adrenal Cortex supplement around 10am to make sure, but most likely what I have is the typical pfs aspect: the lack of allopregnanolone and of tetrahydrodeoxycorticosterone, the relaxing neurosteroids, because of the inability to produce 3a-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase (3a-HSD). This is the last piece of the puzzle as far as I’m concerned.

I will try Brussel sprout extract. It apparently boosts 3a-HSD. It’s also an aromatase, which is not so good, so I’ll see if it does good or bad. If anyone has any idea on how to boost 3a-HSD please let me know.

Day 66: Good night of sleep 8/10. Standard 6 hours deep sleep, wake up and toss 2-3 hours with sleep and dreams in between, get up fully rested.

Day 67: Go out of town to meet customer. Bad food, no diet, skip some supplements, go to sleep 2 hours late, horrible nigh in a hotel next to a street 3/10. Wake up and toss all night, with only light sleep in between. Foggy first half of the day but manage to take half the supplements. I end up having a symptom free day, drive 4 hours, half of which on a big bike in Bangkok traffic with a passenger. I get the contract with the customer and go to sleep late after going to pubs with him.

Day 68: Good of night of sleep 8/10. Standard 6 hours deep sleep, wake up and toss 2-3 hours with sleep and dreams in between, get up fully rested. I’m now going to get my customer on the big bike, in the morning traffic in Bangkok, and we’re heading to the factory to train the staff.

In the last 3 days, I’ve been eating normal food, with an accent on steak, but I ate the potatoes as well and drank water (I wouldn’t go for a Coke or any shitty drink, that would be pushing it). I didn’t take all supplements and I was still functional and normal. I consider this a success, except for the obvious sleeping problem. So I will concentrate on getting Allopregnanolone pumping again.

Update: I’m with customers and had to eat at mac-Donald today and didn’t vomit ! although I can feel the body doesn’t like it. I’m still producing ketones (as per a ketogenic diet) and I can run on carbs as well. The less the better, but I’m getting closer to having a normal life. As soon as things stabilizes at work, I’ll be back to eating healthy and doing weight lifting.

Day 69: I slept 9/10. Just woke up once and went straight back to sleep. Food allergies seems to be over. I had coffee with sugar and cream, and oatmeal for breakfast. Rib eye steak, tons of fat and spinach for lunch. No bad reactions from any of that, I feel good, have lots of energy and I’m happy. It seems I manage to stay ketogenic and I don’t depend on carbs for energy. I can have days without any and I won’t have any carbs cravings. My urine smells like ketones, which shows I’m still burning fat as fuel in large quantity. Plus I’m still thin, no belly fat and I have the high energy levels typical of ketogenic diets. I read somewhere that after a few months of true ketogenic diet, the body can take carbs and can still use fat as its primary source of energy… It’s like a hybrid car that can run on electricity or gazoline.
I’m having a productive day, I’m concentrated, motivated.

I will now reduce the doses of clonazepam and antihistamine and see to which degree I depend on them for sleep. If I can reduce and have 6 hours deep sleep, wake up and toss 2-3 hours with sleep and dreams in between, I’ll keep at the lower dosage until I can reduce again.

As posted on ALLO enhancing drugs that might not have been considered, I will try Sulforaphane to elevated my 3a-HSD and kick start Allopregnanolone which would enable me to stop the drugs.

I’ll keep posting results.

2 Likes

It seems a good idea!

Questo è ciò che penso che faccia.

Day 70: Didn’t sleep as good. 7.5/10. Still good enough for a productive day without symptoms. This comes from the reduction of the sleeping drugs.

Considering I will soon start Sulforaphane to boost Allopregnanolone and Tetrahydrodeoxycorticosterone, I will wait for this supplement to arrive before tapering off Clonazepam.

Day 71: Sleep 8/10. It’s fine, I can live with that. I increased the dose of sleeping pills to what it was before. I’ll keep it at that level until I receive the Sulforaphane. I will also post less frequently on this thread as not much is changing, my regimen remaining the same.

The Orexin complex / Narcolepsy theory didn’t stand, I’ve been taking Lactate and Pyruvate (in the morning) for a while now, and although it does help staying well awake during the day it does not make sleep worst nor does it improve it (well, maybe slightly, but I introduce Pyruvate in the morning at the same time as large doses of Inusitol (vitamin B8) before sleep so who knows which one makes sleep better. I conclude that my Orexin complex is at least in a descent shape and is not responsible for insomnia.

The Adrenal Fatigue theory does not seem to hold grounds either. I took some adrenal cortex, in small quantities, and all I got was stress and more insomnia.

All that remains, and it’s the most plausible explanation for the insomnia, is the lack of Allopregnanolone and tetrahydrodeoxycorticosterone because of the absence of 3a-HSD to convert them from Progesterone.

I’ll post if something happens and also when I’ll start the Sulforaphane experiment which presumably will help produce more 3a-HSD.

Day73: Second night in a row with 10/10 sleep. Granted, I have to take slightly more clonazepam (3.5 instead of 3.0) and antihistamine (5mg insted of 2.5). Nonetheless, I don’t wake up until it’s time to get up and I’m not sleepy or tired in the day time.

I had sex twice in a 3 hour interval two days ago, was ready for more yesterday (and today). Sex drive seems normal, so does sensitivity and erections.

I’m slacking off on the diet: although I’m not going maniac on carbs and eat very little sugar, I started eating some almost everyday: no bad reactions. Carbs are empty food, made by plants as an energy reserve that animals can barely keep reserves of. But plants can.
I like protein and saturated fat better, mainly because it gives my body food it can build things with, you can’t build muscle or brain out of bread. I like protein and saturated fat especially because I don’t get sugar spikes and hypoglycemia anymore. And no more stomach aches and headaches that seems to have been linked to cards, not to mention having a six pack instead of a belly that made me look pregnant.

If it wasn’t for the supplements and pills I’m taking, you could swear I’m normal. I’m in better shape than in the last 15-20 years. But than again, all of a sudden I’ll have a sleepless night and pfs would show it’s ugly face just to remind me. It usually happens when I’m not home, so I guess I’m more stressed, less comfortable.

I ordered Sulforaphane to boost 3a-HSD. Considering 3a-HSD and 5ar are mutual antagonist, and that both are needed to create ALLO, I also orderd 5ar boosting stuff, like Tribullus Terrestris, Creatine, Boron, and I have Glycine which apparently does wonders to 5ar. All of which I will take only if I have signs of low 5ar. If I overdo the 5ar, it will inhibit 3a-HSD.

I’ll keep you posted !

What’s your latest supplement stack?

This :slight_smile:

The latest additions ?

I’ve increased Pregnanolone to 30mg / day, DHEA to 20mg, vitamin K2 to 30mg, I started to cycle pine Pollen with Horny Goat Weed and Yohimbe. I added collagen peptide every two days (2.5-5gr) vitamin A 12500 IU per day (I think it restored my sensitivity. Can’t be sure),

Before sleep I’m taking food grade (coenzymated ) zinc 5mg and coenzymated vitamin B12 5 mcg (as well as B3 60mg, although I take 125mg twice during the day)

I added to my Magnesium and Potassium Electrolyte mix some Carnitine tartrate (1gr per day) Betaine HCL (500mg per day) and Choline Bitartrate (500mg per day)

I take Broccoli extract powder. I expect it to contain anti-aromatase to preserve my progesterone and maybe, if I"m lucky, some tiny qty of Sulforaphane.

Do You want the full regimen ? I can copy / paste.

Yohimbe NOT good. For me anyway.
My heart beat went from 75 to 135 ppm. I’m not feeling good either.

Do you feel like the pregnenolone needs to be balanced with dhea? I’ve started 10mg preg a day and it has definitely helped with energy but it’s sending my anxiety through the roof and making me feel brainfogged.

Do you take any medicine ? Like SSRI or Benzodiazepin1 ?
If you do, tell me before taking anything.

If you don’t, it needs to be balanced with 5-HTP 50mg (100mg),Tyrosine 500 mg and L-Dopa 350mg.
If you get anxious, you should lower to 5 mg and if still anxious, then stop.

Just Clonazepam .5mg in the mornings

Well, Clonazepam 0.5mg in the morning prevents you from taking any anxiolytic supplements or plants, plus the dose is too low if you still feel anxious.

Good news, Clonazepam at 0.5 is the tiniest dose, you can just stop without withdrawal. (I take 3.5mg at night)

If you do choose to stop, I can suggest better anxiolytics that are natural. Taurine and GABA, taken in the morning after at least 1 week of stoping Clonazepam. There are also interesting herbs that can do the trick (like Kava Kava, extracted from the peeled root using only water and no solvents, and passion flower)

As for Pregnenolone, stop it or take 5mg. Try 5-HTP 50mg in the morning at first, if ok with it increase to 100mg. Take it with Tyrosine 500mg (no need to increase or go slowly, you get more than that in a steak). Tyrosine should clear the brain fog. If it doesn’t, increase to 1000mg morning. Also take around 175-200mg of L-Dopa in the morning. that’s your morning trio. If Ok with it, increase to 350mg.
With that, you will feel calm, confident, focused and in a good mood.

Later on, you can try 5-HTP 50mg a second time after lunch at first, if ok with it increase to 100mg. With L-Dopa 175mg (350 if Ok) with Tyrosine 500mg (always take 5-HTP with Tyrosine and L-Dopa)

If not Ok with any of these, including Pregnenolone, don’t be stubborn. Listen to your body and stop what doesn’t work.

DHEA will not balance but double down on Pregnenolone. Don’t take it. I believe your anxiety comes from raising your testosterone, which raises 5ar and 5ar is the antagonist of 3a-HSD which produces ALLO that would prevent anxiety.

Those are just suggestions based on what worked for me.

1 Like

@Ozeph,

I crashed 8 months and a half ago and today I’m virtually symptom free and have a life better than during the last 5 years. No sexual symptoms, no neurological or physical symptoms and I’m as fit as when I was 25 (I’m 51). I do have to takes lots of supplements but I’m more easy on the diet now. I can have a club sandwich and even eat at Burger King (I feel the food is shit. My body can take it but it’s telling me: just don’t…)

Is it correct that you took finasteride for 20 years, stopped, crashed shortly after, and have nearly fully recovered within 8 months or less after stopping the drug?

Just wondering if you have given much weight to the idea of yours being a natural recovery, rather than a result of this strict regimen of supplements and amino acids?