Why the Androgen Receptor Theory is wrong

How is it rubbish? Yeah sure, I was posting lump-sum amounts of squabble. I’d like to think i’ve learn’t a thing or two now. Maybe i’m just over-enthuastic because i’ve found answers to a lot of the changes in my blood work.

I’m not a douche bag, or a troll. I get it, your tired fustrated, and everyone wants answers. But complaining or insulting people is not going to get you anywhere. There’s a polite way of doing things. I’m not here to piss anyone off.

I can also copy and paste stuff, like the following:

Group Etiquette:

1. No slandering of group members

2. Do not post anything which will be offensive to other members

3. Disagreements are allowed, but please present your facts. and refrain from insulting one another.

4. If you have studies you can reference please include them in your post

I also don’t believe that propeciashiz is a troll or a douche, and even if I did, I would refrain from saying so in such an unproductive fashion. Disagreements are fine, but all name calling does is create a less than supportive atmosphere where people would be more disinclined to post for fear of not being quite up to speed as others on the site or being at a different place with regards to their own experience of side effects etc.

Well said Scotsman.

Good find. Turns out gene expression is known to contribute to the long-term adaptations underlying the effects of psychotropic drugs. If you read Dr Irwig’s recent paper he actually references Haloperidol induced GABA hypofunction as “…similar to the mechanism of the persistent side effects of finasteride.” (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17988775).

I wonder why no such change has been documented with hormones? Especially with the Billion$ spent on prostate cancer research.

Hormone refractory prostate cancer is repeatedly cited to support the ‘Androgen Receptor theory’. But what actually happens in prostate cancer is that the AR signal continues even during castration, this is why the cancer continues (see; nature.com/aja/journal/v11/n1/full/aja200814a.html)

If anyone ever did discover a way to turn off Androgen Receptors it would be like [Size=4]discovering a cure for cancer.[/size] Therefore this theory cannot be serious.

1 Like

Has anyone done well or normal at the LHRH stimulation test?

Not to sound mean, macabre, terribly off base or disgusting (i sincerely mean well with this post), but what about the pfs suicide victims with brain fog? The e.r. doctors pfs suffering late son, had described himself as despondent, zombie-like and living in a mentally crippled state. Wouldn’t their/his brain, and body help us at all with finding a clue? An autopsy might help, along with tissue studies and experiments. Perhaps, those who have chosen to die, might have died with, that noble intent in mind, and maybe help the rest of us out still suffering. I’m surprised no one has raised this question. It is unbearable living with the mental sides, but nobody will be able to test us, or cut into our brains alive.

I apologize if this would offend anyone at all. I am also living in a mentally crippled state due to pfs.

Well I think its a little late to do that in the aforementioned case but the idea has come to mind before.

What about getting as much testing done whist still alive? Make that happen before posting silly things like this.

Also, dont post in this thread unless you have direct scientific evidence that supports the ‘Androgen Receptor Theory’ or anything that makes receptors insensitive. Or any direct scientific evidence of anything that can effect the response to hormones (with a bias towards testosterone). Thanks.

Conclusions: Our findings support the hypothesis that MDV3100 efficacy in CRPC is attributed to potent AR inhibition. MDV3100 increases BM T and decreases nuclear AR, whereas Abiraterone acetate, an androgen biosynthesis inhibitor, was previously reported to decrease T and increase AR copy number (Efstathiou et al, ASCO 2010). Taken together these data suggest evaluation of these two androgen signaling inhibitors in combination.
asco.org/ascov2/Meetings/Abstracts?&vmview=abst_detail_view&confID=102&abstractID=82176

^Thats a study on an AR antagonist (an anti-androgen) like bicalutamide or flutamide. Not a cure for cancer unless you keep on taking it.

That paper shows where the cutting edge of science is now - anti-androgens.

Awor’s idea is that the side effects of using anti-androgens are (always) due to ARs being permanantly desensitized. It is true to say that the flying spaghetti monster has more scientific support.

Oscar, I suppose since this is a forum you have the right to disagree with things, but when referring to Awor and his research, which you should be very grateful for, you should check your fucking tone. “Flying spaghetti monster’”? Are you fucking kidding me? Man up. You do nothing for us. Awor is out there working his ass off for people like you and I, and this is what you do in return? You are pathetic.

Assessment of the gonadotrophin–gonadal axis in androgen insensitivity syndrome

adc.bmj.com/content/80/4/324.full

No one on this forum has had an “exaggerated” response to the LHRH stimulation test.

In fact some have had no response. With minimal response being the trend.

The best biologists in the world have been trying to find out a way to stop ARs working. The hunt for the flying spaghetti monster has yet to begin.

In other words, since few things in this world have had the research attention of ARs, this theory starts of in a negative position, even if you are willing to consider “it could be anything”.

This thead is an attack on an idea, not on anyone personally: and I am helping, not least by raising awareness of this issue.

Oscar. This is not helpful, at all. And yes, it does become personal. Awor takes time away from his own recovery, his work, and his family so he can help people like you and I. It would appear the whole point of this thread is to say he has no idea what he is doing, which is laughable. Perhaps you completely misunderstand his work. You are trying to blindly interpret results and making a great deal of assumptions off some very, very vague postings on his threads (which have to be vague due to publication).

Oscar, the title of this thread alone says it all. It does become personal when you make these claims.

You guys are wasting your time arguing over pointlessness.

Scientists are needed to investigate this problem and will provide the answers via studies. Theorizing online is a waste of time because none of us can prove any hypothesis or conduct such studies.

There is research taking place which will shed more light on this problem, until then these types of discussions are useless because they do not change or affect any outcome of said research.

And make no mistake about it, once clear mechanism(s) have been found for this problem, this Theories section will be closed.

I AGREE!

when your study will find the root cause? when we will be dead?

First of all, it’s not “my study”.

Second, research takes time. Refer to viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6581 for details and updates.

Third, you should be grateful ANY investigation is occurring whatsoever. If you don’t like the way things are going, raise funds and organize scientists and a research project yourself (which of course won’t happen).

Fourth, as you did not take Finasteride (you took Saw Palmetto), you are unable to participate in any fashion and would only be piggybacking on the results of any Finasteride research.

Your discontent is misplaced and not appreciated… complaining and snide remarks about timeframes will not change any outcomes, it’s out of our hands and in those of the scientific community.

I am gratful and have been offering my share (money).

Id just like to repeat that this IS NOT a theory thread.

This thread is about raising awareness of what the leading ‘theory’ has been on this forum. And raising awareness of the fact that this ‘theory’ is contrary to the vast amount of existing medical research on Androgen Receptors and Anti-Androgens. (Not to mention the hormones tests and symptoms.)

I think support for this ‘theory’ is unreasonable. My concern is genuine and well founded. I think support for this ‘theory’ breeds ignorance and apathy, and potentially could lead to some serious problems in the future.