Why the Androgen Receptor Theory is wrong

Look no further than awors thread.

Any way of knowing whether stem cell therapy may help correct neurosteroids? Maybe by repairing the nerve cells making the neurosteroids?

I’m going to have to go back on what I said. After doing lots of research i think Awor’s theory is closest to the truth.

Do I know how signalling works?!?!

The worlds top scientists using the best equipment carrying out the most ground-breaking research directed at Androgen Receptors/Androgen deprevation for more than 50 yrs have failed to discover any truth in this ‘Androgen receptor theory’.

Do you know something they dont? How can that even be ignored??

The aim of this ‘thread’ is to raise awareness. The truth is whats most important. This thread is not against the idea of their being a problem with androgens, nor is it a personal attack on anyone.

The ‘Androgen Receptor theory’ has ZERO support from any medical text. It does not even match the symptoms. It is not a logical conclusion.

It could lead to very, very serious problems unless everyone is brought up to date on this.

I had drawn the same conclusion but appearently the genetic testing had been pushed back for some reason and they just completed the neurosteriod project first. Nothing more to read into it apart from evidently they got some good data. No changes in theory or focus.

I would say theres plenty to read into if neurosteroid levels have not recovered following finasteride use, wouldnt you?

For each one of us looking and feeling this problem from a slightly different angle (based on individual symptoms mostly) it is important to reach down to some truth regarding our condition and in as much detail as possible.

In the end however noone will really care and want to remember what the fuck has gone wrong with our bodies if there is a proven way out of this. The only thing of mere interest will be the methods/treatments going to be used. I think we have done pretty much everything known and even “unknown” to medical community approaches and still there is very little understanding or result.

Does anyone really believe that “scientists” will manage to grasp the whole picture behind this problem??

They haven’t managed to do this in every day conditions after 50 or more years of universal testing and experimenting.
Pick any ailment you want, and i will point you to read endless literature that leads to thoroughly inconclusive results.

Whoever believes that the research that is going on will lead to complete explanation is competely vague. Sorry to say but i have suffered from much less complicated ailments in the past and there is no straight answer from no one in this planet. Its just always more or less speculation and treatments are always empirical.

If there is such a scientist that can explain to us why we have altered hormonal,inflammatory,immune signals from just using a pill for even less than a month’s time and with permanent results he is opting for a nobel prize for real.

Its just that we don’t have anything else to do or wait for at this point. So any theory would be correct as long as it leads to some improvement on a steady basis and without the need for ongoing treatments. Otherwise i also know how to treat, damiana and antibiotics/massages work miracles already and for quite a while but its not a permanent cure

2 Likes

Nope. Apparently not to the extent that it has changed the researchers focus or changed any theory as you are implying. Levels of vit D or 3 adoil G havn’t recovered yet either. Could be just another result of the root cause(s).

Do you know that for certain boston332?

Are you sure awor is still sticking with this theory? Maybe he has moved on to another idea - or maybe no coherent theory at all? That wouldnt be an unlikely outcome given that the AR gene expression was not what he expected (ie normal) and neurosteroids are significantly odd.

AFAIK this is still the primary theory being looked at over in Italy. Perhaps the research going on over there will lead them down a different path, either way its good for us that they are actively looking into it.

Last I heard, which was within the week. I’m not sure why you are getting yourself so worked up. There are many different experiments that have been proposed by five or six different institutions and maybe something will come of Propeciashiz’s meeting in Austrailia. All of these institutions have taken the mechanisms of Fin and our full range of symptoms into account. Let’s just see where it takes us.

Looking at PSSD mechanisms, I think this is similar to what they are theorizing happens with the androgen receptor…(I realize its neurotransmitters and not hormones)

Treatment with (Prozac) has been shown to cause persistent desensitization of 5HT1A receptors after removal of the SSRI in rats.[31] These long-term adaptive changes in 5-HT receptors, as well as more complex, global changes, are thought to be mediated through alterations of gene expression.[32][33][34][35][36] Some of these gene expression changes are a result of altered DNA structure caused by chromatin remodeling,[37][38] specifically epigenetic modification of histones[39] and gene silencing by DNA methylation due to increased expression of the methyl binding proteins MeCP2 and MBD1.[40]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-SSRI_sexual_dysfunction

I think we/someone/anyone needs to do extensive testing on the Cerebrospinal fluid.

3 Pathways are effected by Finasteride. 5alpha reductase is inhibited, Cellular changes can happen when inhibiting enzymes.
img156.imageshack.us/img156/1541/fin1gf1.gif

This quote caught my eye.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3973526

Coupled with finasteride crossing the BBB.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2963070/

As Oscar has said, he doesnt want theories here, and this is not one.

Perhaps an area which needs significant investigation given the results of the neurosteroid study.

For the science nerds. Everything you need to know about finasteride - Enzymes 1-2-3, DHT Androgen Receptors.

http://www.hmdb.ca/metabolites/HMDB01984

You are either a troll or a douche.

“Science nerds” that was not supposed to be insulting, think your being a bit over sensitive there Tim. I posted that link because it may help people understand the theory behind enzymes and receptors.

I wasnt offended at the “science nerd” remark.

Its the fact you continue to post rubbish. You are a douche bag or a troll.

I think what Tim is trying to say is you post a lot of things that many of us are:

A. Already aware of.

Or

B. Could figure out or find pretty easily.