Why the Androgen Receptor Theory is wrong

the research is what it is… if you dont like it, start your own research… this thread has no real purpose in the grand scheme of things… believe what you want

1. This thread’s purpose is to raise awareness about ‘the Androgen Receptor Theory’. Ive said this about three times to you now.

Thats not the same as complaining about any past research - which would be futile.

Also, as I mentioned in my first post, the product of ‘the research’ (normal AR expression, neurosteroids abnormal) is evidence that ‘the Androgen Receptor theory’ is wrong.

1. We should already ALL be trying to generate research. If your certain no more research is needed, you have the “ignorance and apathy” I mentioned earlier. (More so in your case since you admit you cant even be bothered to read awor’s posts)

2. I will continue to raise awareness!

BS on all counts Oscar.

You keep going though, obviously you think some good will come of this, no clue why, but go for it.

Ive been thinking about this for a bit. The more correct version of the ‘Androgen Receptor Theory’ is this:

“Stopping Finasteride causes persistent AR hypersensitivity and persistent AR negative autoregulation”

This is an extremely contrived idea. It relies on coincidence, and several brand new discoveries to science all occuring at the same time. Thats even if you accept that aberrant DNA Methylation which is found in Prostate Cancer (and only found in cancer ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22547956/) might be occuring.

If you believe this ‘theory’ is true above things already known to science then you have an emotional attachment to a work of science-fiction.

It doesnt matter what i think. But believing this ‘theory’ to be true does become an issue when;

1. Attemping to make this ‘theory’ seem more likely by deliberate obfuscation, blatant lying, ignoring facts and by hiding critically important information.

2. And when money is involved.

Oscar, I’m not sure what your goal is here.

Current and future research studies will be investigating multiple areas, including androgen receptors:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6581

Through such research we hope to better understand where the problems lie, so we can hopefully identify what happened and how/if there’s a way to fix it.

That’s the bottom line, so if you’d rather not contribute funds to such research initiatives, that’s your perogative. If that’s the case, I hope you feel content with your current health situation.

As mentioned previously, whether one believes in a particular theory posted by users on this forum is irrelevant – none of us are scientists, and it is only through scientific research that we will find answers. If you’d rather not be part of this process, fine. But sitting here arguing about particular theories is a waste of time, research will be going ahead in multiple areas despite any of your thoughts and opinions on the matter, or ours.

Cheers.

Basically, Oscar has a “theory” that he is more in tune with the mechanisms of our situation than the various professionals involved, all because he has read some articles on Google.

A truly pointless thread, and a very ungrateful board member, at a time when we all need to come together.

Too bad.

Leave the science to the scientists!

Oscar, what is your current theory/belief and treatment regimen, out of curiosity? Thanks.

These projects bring PFS into the conversation among researchers in many fieilds and within very top notch institutions. It means peer review and scrutiny from other researchers with diverse background before publication, let’s not forget that. People who weren’t even aware of PFS and certainly people who have no bias toward any particular theory put forth here. Awor predicted the research momentum would build and so far that seems to be the case. We all need to be ready to support the NPO as soon as it’s launched toward that goal. Let’s not lose sight of the forest in the trees.

You forgot In a small percentage of men. You’re the one who keeps mentioning how rare it is.

I know from the beginning of this that I was supposed to brace myself for the possibility of this being a permanent situation I might be stuck in but once I heard about these studies being done I felt a little more hope that that wouldn’t be the case. Now, if we find out where our problems lie (I take this to mean the root cause) how is it possible that we do not know how to treat/cure it? I know, that may sound like I live in a fantasy world but if we find out what finasteride initially/primarily afflicted then isn’t it likely we would be able to know how to act on this to reverse these effects?

I’m positive it’s not the same as venom and anti-venom but what scenario(s) do we foresee holding us back? Or are there none in specific of particular concern? I understand it’s best to speak in even tones, allowing for all possibilities and setting up the possibility of the worst case scenario best prepares us all for the worst so–if necessary–it won’t be as difficult to handle, but in the end I’m guessing we don’t currently know how likely or unlikely this is because we don’t yet know the mechanisms behind PFS yet, right?

Im raising awareness. I do think peoples opinions count.

I dont like the theory. Ive given good reasons. Im not a scientist. It doesnt matter.

But other non-scientists have promoted this ‘theory’ by a mixture of blatant lies and half truths (including lying about test results) and kept test results secret for years and years (because they are inconvenient).

Some of those same people have organised actual research. So now I dont know how much of anything they write is true. Which is just another layer of shit that Ive got to deal with.

oscar, come out and say what you want to say… it seems like you want to drop little hints, just come out and say it if you want people to buy into this

I’m not aware of any lies, blatant or not. That’s a seriuos accusation. Provide an example.

Raising awareness toward what end? Nobody is blinding saying the androgen receptor theory is the holy grail of PFS…

Whats important is that this illness is being seriously looked into, and thats realistically all thats important… if it turns out to be false then we can look down other avenues. And along the way, maybe this research will uncover the true problem if it is not the theory being discussed here.

You’re not raising awareness but you can always pretend.

If you really want to raise awareness, get in touch with liability lawyers in the U.K. and file a lawsuit against MSD. The lawsuits will drive the research. Awor’s team isn’t the only team doing PFS research.

Some people think that if they just google enough they’ll have the answer, instead of leaving it to professionals. Which is just another layer of shit that Ive got to deal with.

“2. Based on the data, some form of 5AR insufficiency seems highly unlikely” viewtopic.php?f=33&t=5282&p=44242#p44242

poor oscar

much to do about nothing

This conflict of ideas is pointless and stupid. Any study on pfs no matter the theory behind it is welcome news.

This is far from a “blatant lie” as anyone here will tell you. This his opinion, incidently an opinion worth more than any of the rest of us due to all the work he’s done on this.

An opinion given in a post about experiment results to make a ‘theory’ seem more likely. Its the dictionary definition of a lie.

Who does this help exactly?

And its the cumulative effect of other lies and half truths whilst keeping real facts secret, that is worrying. Worrying to me anyway.