What's the verdict on sodium butyrate, calcium butyrate, and magnesium butyrate?

I ordered sodium buyrate but now am hesitant. Anyone else care to share their experience?

bump, also just ordered Butryate.

Any recent experiences?

Are you still there mate? Sodium butyrate is said to lower inflammation and raise estrogen. I wonder if that’s why it bolstered your libido. Do you have a bloodwork?

Someone crashed from sodium butyrate. Someone else benefited from it

Didn’t do anything for me

Like everything else, it just depends

Spot on. It really depends. Getting microbiome analysis would tell someone whether butyrate is beneficial or detrimental. I used sodium butyrate but it gave me hypoglycemia as well as diarrhea so I stopped it. Fast-forward; 3 months later I had microbiome analysis and it turned out that I have more bacterial families that produce butyrate than healthy average. This means more butyrate would be bad. There’s also acecate and propionate.

2 Likes

Depends how sensitive you are and how severe your PFS is. Papasmurf had a horrible crash from it.

I’m personally going the natural route, other HDCAi’s include:

• Cooked and then cooled potatoes, cold potatoes, ferments in stomach to produce butyrate,
  • Oats, ferments in stomach to produce butyrate
  • Raw Garlic,
  • Chamomile tea,
  • Sulforaphane, Broccoli, Broccoli sprouts and other cruciferous vegetables,
  • Celary,
  • Ashwagandha,
  • NAC,
  • Cacoa & Dark chocolate

i kind of disagree with that gut analysis part

not that i know for sure

but i think the bad symptoms are due to certain genes being silenced and that interfering with the sodium butyrate mechanism somewhere

Possibilities are infinite. My opinion only stems from the speculation that those with enough butyrate producing microbes may not benefit from more butyrate in supplement form. I’d suggest to feed the bacteria with certain prebiotics (e.g resistant starch) so that they could produce butyrate on their own. I’m on this path and will share my findings later.
@lakehouse

Keep this in mind with butyrate too, also zinc for that matter.

Intestinal Permeability in Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Pathogenesis, Clinical Evaluation, and Therapy of Leaky Gut

Permeability-Oriented Therapies

butyrate, zinc, and probiotics have the strongest evidence

Zinc supplementation tightens “leaky gut” in Crohn’s disease

there are people with low testosterone that dont benefit from testosterone

we’ve seen this like a thousand times on here

the best theory is the gene disruption, not all the gut stuff which is likely downstream

Testosterone isn’t the sole parameter to one’s recovery. Raising T through clomid, most herbs, AIs, etc. did nothing but make me 10X worse. However, combining direct T shots + Corticosteroid was a game-changer in the distant past. Now that out of the way, gut remains to be the best marker for recovery in my healing journey. I said this before and will say it again, gut and hormones/body systems are bidirectional.

Interestingly, getting perfect stools (bristol score 3-4) consistently and having ZERO GI symptoms always corroborated with remissions in my n=1 anecdote.

Get well soon @lakehouse :pray:t3:

I took a tiny grains of sand amount of SB the other night and BHB . The last couple days I’ve felt great. Now tho. Now I am.very worried for when I come down and crash. After reading everyone’s experience. This stuff is STRONG. It’s absolute increased my T because I’ve been masturbating more and feeling better. And having sex after being so depressed I wanted to die. But I KNOW a crash is soon and I’m very very worried for how it’s going to be.

I’m having major anxiety right now

Man don’t stress yourself over this.

If I’m not wrong, @MOONCHILD said BHB did wonders for him.

Can I ask you what improvements you feel?

1 Like

Well currently I’m having major anxiety and a panic attack so not too great at the moment

But

Libido
Arousal
Cognition
Energy
Gut issues
Mood

All improved

Is there a chance anxiety is triggered by the thought of a crash coming?

You think those two compoundshad also come positive effects downstairs?

I felt it yesterday.

Like a profound this will not be good to crash off of moment. Now it’s in hyper drive after reading more

But yes an improvement down stairs

Wait. What? I don’t get it.

I had a moment where I was like oh shit when I crash off this its not going to be good

Man, your anxiety is triggered by your thoughts.

Relax.

Stress itself can trigger a crash.

Enjoy your improvements.

2 Likes

I’m going to try but I’ve acquired a learned hopelessness by improvements always blowing up in my face

I’m gunna try tho to relax