Water fast - brain fog - sense of depersonalization / unreality

hello everyone, my biggest problem is the brain fog and the disconnection from reality like living in a movie, I’m doing a water fast, I would like to get to 21 days, I’m on day 14 and for now it’s only got worse, brain fog more strong and very strong tiredness, I am followed by a doctor every day.
i will update.

ps. I took finasteride for over 10 years 1 mg per day,
over 2 years pfs, i’m 33

1,80 m
start - 68 kg
end 21(4 day interval where I ate) about 6/7 other days - 55 kg

5 Likes

Good luck you’re a strong guy going through a water fast for so long. I hope it brings some reward.

Buona fortuna.

1 Like

little update
day 20, no noticeable improvement, brain fog and sense of depersonalization / unreality still present.
I will try to get to 28 days if I can.

1 Like

If I were you I wouldn’t push much further. If you did not see results in 20 days, 28 probably will just add more bother and not much else.

There is a chance you’ll see progress in when refeeding though.

Anyway, congratulation. 20 days is pretty remarkable.

my doctor says between 21 and 28 there is a lot of difference. I think I will go on. thanks for the support =), i hope my experience can be a help for everyone.

1 Like

All the best man, keep us updated and again good luck :wink:

What evidence is there that water fasts do anything useful?

empirical evidence, testimonials, Dr. Ohsumi, a renowned Japanese biologist, has studied for years the mechanisms by which the body gets rid of dead cells and won the Nobel Prize for this.
my doctor treats multiple sclerosis and other diseases with water fasting, but it’s the first pfs case he sees, it’s an experiment, he thinks it’s a very difficult case.
honestly i have very little hope to have benefit from water fast…

2 Likes

tonight, after writing the previous post, I had a bad night, insomnia, hot flashes, bad sensations, I decided to eat today and break the fast, so I broke the water fast on day 21 , as written above for now no improvement on the symptoms as derealization etc …
the only improvement to underline is on the frequency of times I have to pee, before fasting I used to go to the bathroom like an eighty-year-old, now much better.
I start to feed myself again only with vegetable broth, boiled vegetables and fruit for a few days, if I have improvements I will write it here.

ps.
today i went to the supermarket i felt like i was on another planet, like at the beginning of spf … really not nice =(

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this.

Out of curiosity, have you tried supplements of any kind? If so, what results did you get?

do you mean during fasting?
however, during fasting only water, nothing else.

I mean in general.

I took lots of supplements, amino acids and herbs …
none have given great results.
this feeling of disconnection, brain fog, is very deep it seems, difficult to eliminate.

1 Like

I see you were on Propecia for over 10 years. Ever felt any sides when on it?

no, only the sperm most liquid, it all started about two weeks after the suspension

1 Like

update,
after breaking fast on day 21, i had a very very heavy crash of two nights and two days, worse stuff than the first crash after stopping the poison.
after these two days of total discomfort, (, I was afraid of dying, I called the doctor like 3 or 4 times during the night), after these two days, the doctor made me start fasting again, and I done another week or so, as soon as fasting started again, I experienced two days of TOTAL healing, I was fine, I slept well, I was connected as prefina, really beautiful experience, then after this further week of fasting, for a total of about 26/28 days, I have returned more or less to my baseline, strong sense of derealization etc … so what to say, fasting seems to strongly affect pfs, maybe I have not done enough days, or maybe I will have to do it again, but even only 2 days of pre pfs it was beautiful, I was crying with joy those two nights, I couldn’t believe it, I thought I was healed, but this medicine is really disgusting …

1 Like

Amazing strength of character. @gabriele. Have you lost weight etc as a result.

it’s not the strength, it’s the motivation, this sense of derealization, brainfog is destroying me …
I would shoot myself in the hand if it served to remove the fog =)

yes I have lost a lot of weight, I am 1.80 m and weight 55kg, as I weighed at 14 or 15 years.

this shit is absolutely unbelievable, how the fuck is it possible that people with very serious diseases derive so many benefits from fasting and I practically zero results, I feel like crying, I don’t believe it …

1 Like

I’m lost for words, this disease has no boundaries. I hope you manage to gain some weight with eating. You must look very thin at 55kg and 180cm. I look ill, gaunt and I’m heavier than you. Time @gabriele, try to hang on for better days ahead. You had a lottery win with that window it shows we are still working we just need to figure this shit out. There is an answer out there. Believe!!

1 Like