Using Fin To Replace Androgens?

I checked the theories forum and didn’t see a completely similar idea.

Obsviously we don’t know how this drug works or we’d have a cure by now an this could be a terrible idea, but when you take finasteride does the body produce new androgen receptors to compsenate for the drug’s destruction of the original ones? Is that true or false, or unknown?

If this were the case couldn’t you keep trying finasteride every few months till one of them sticks? I’m not talking about going back on it for weeks or weaning off. I’m saying take it one time every 3-4 months and see what happens. It’s risky, but what else do we have to lose? My PFS symptoms are mild compared to other users here, I can still have long lasting erections but it’s not the same as being pre-pill, if I do this and lose erections completely I’m not convinced it’ll be any worse cause it sucks as it is.

Post from Reddit user “cheeseburgaler” recovering from side effects by taking the pill over and over again till he got better.

reddit.com/r/tressless/comm … _erectile/

Pretty sure this is as close as we’re going to get on an actual cure. There’s no other drug that stimulates androgens in any way, negative or positive, other than fin. I think the argument is the body can heal itself but it needs a jump and the jump could be new androgens. I’ll be attempting this once eight months passes (two more to go) and I haven’t healed yet on my own from my first dose. l’ll probably try taking it once every 6 weeks and I’ll be sure to update my progress here for anyone interested.

Sounds like a very risky idea to ever take fin again. If it was that easy we would all be cured.

Well all other medications, exercise, and food treatments don’t work. And people that have gone back on it haven’t tried taking it and stopping it multiple times.

It’s risky staying damaged too. People who say you’re hurting your body by inhibiting DHT again don’t realize your body is already deficient in some way even if your DHT returns to baseline, that’s why you have lasting side effects.

That cheeseburger guy got better this way, some accutane victims got better with fin, everybody else who healed just got lucky with time though. Anything to do with this drug is risky. But if enough people have success with this method we might be onto something.

I was wondering how my body would react if I tried going back on at 100 mcg instead of 1mg. If I notice anything positive I’ll let you know.

People have tried lower dose fin through Hasson and Wong’s topical finasteride and they get side effect just the same so I’m not sure it makes much of a difference. I don’t know all your side effects besides the skin problems, but you need to be aware that you may not be able to cure some side effects after you get them. I think when you get something like tinnitus you have it for life so you should be aware of those risks.

I said I would do it but I’ve been reluctant. Looking at that cheeseburger’s post again he said his method returned to him as close to normal as possible meaning it wasn’t a full recovery. My side effects aren’t that bad to begin with, my biggest problem has been sleeping but it’s slowly returning after 10 months so I don’t know how much better I could get.

Most of the non-libido side effects linked to PFS are things I already had anyway so I really don’t have much to lose.

lol well okay.

I’ll probably try it myself for fun before I decide to stop living but for now I just don’t want to have to go through the frequent urination period after stopping again cause it made sleeping really difficult.

What dose were you on? I’m planning on going really low. Like 100mcg or lower

I only took it once, the dose was somewhere between 2-2.5mg. It’s in my post history.

hi,

no it doesnt work that way. finasteride doesnt destroy androgen receptors. it is an androgen receptor blocker and above all it stops dht being produced and thus there is less dht to activate androgen receptors

theres many youtube videos you can use to learn how these systems work

Dr. Goldstein says it destroys it on the UroLift Prostate Panel, “It is worth noting that 5-ARI inhibits the enzyme by destroying the enzyme – this is why it can be irreversible.”

Page 4
urolift.com/wp-content/uploads/ … lement.pdf

But he’s saying the body doesn’t make new receptors. Who knows though.

If the enzyme is being destroyed then shouldn’t the crash happen during finasteride usage and not after? My theory is that the crash is caused by drug dependency and that we’re not weened off properly

I don’t think they’re all destroyed, that’s why the crash doesn’t happen always happen during. The remaining receptors stick around and try to make up for the dead ones by over exerting themselves when there’s not enough DHT, that’s what mew and awor hypothesized in their research paper. And then when the DHT comes back after quitting the old receptors along with any new ones created by the body (if true) are bombarded with too much DHT and they can’t handle it so they stop working altogether. Weaning off doesn’t work either because finasteride has almost a flat dose response no matter the dosage, it’s too powerful even at small doses.

Link to mew/awor paper - protocol-online.org/forums/u … 061244.ipb

Then why doesn’t everyone suffer from PFS?

That’s the question we’re all wondering.

Maybe during the flood of DHT some androgens are superior/lucky and don’t blow out or become unresponsive so they still function properly.

Also. Doesn’t the flat dose response stop at about .2mg? That’s what I gleemed from a quick Google search

when you take fin it irreversibly inhibits 5ar, so the enzyme is useless forever. it then is disposed by clearance.

normally, as there are less receptors being activated , through homeostasis there will be more receptors being created to balance the effects. maybe this is not enough and the existing receptors themselves become more sensitive in order to compensante.

finasteride doesnt destroy receptors. it does make the enzyme useless by forming a complex 5alpha-finasteride which has to be disposed

So our bodies are just totally fucked it sounds like

The body should re syth more enzymes…Some men maybe are more effecient at doing this than others that go back to normal or recover after a period of time…It is also suggest while in this state that AR gene expression is affected or in hence, turned off to certain ar signaling in the body…So could be another reason your body does not go back to responding reguardless if the enzyme regenrates or not…