URINATION problems! -anyone??

all the time!..

… does anyone else experience this problem, EVERYDAY, practically ALL THE TIME having to pee?
How many of you?
How long did it last for you or has it lasted?
Ar you all experiencing this?

i am wondering and hoping that this will go away, so that I am not like one of those guys in those commercials… i’d like to hear from all of you.
Thanks a lot. this is a problem.

Boston

1 Like

I too notice I have to pee more often now, and with more urgency than before I took Finasteride.

This has been an issue since I discontinued the drug 18 months ago.

Actually I had those side effects, but only while I was taking the pills. Soon after discontinuing the “treatment” those were gone(unfortunatelly others like low libido/impotency are still here (7 and 1/2 months after discontinuing).

how long did you take it for? Have you been taking any measures to try to fix your problems?

I took it for 7 years. I’m almost 25 right now. I haven’t done anything special except for doing sports and taking basic care with food (but not much), but that I’ve always done during my life. I’ve done some blood and DHT level tests. My blood tests are normal but my DHT was as very high for someone of my age (it was supposed to be for a 50 year old :confused: ) but the doctor said to
redo the tests in early summer because the DHT level is supposed to go back to normal levels by itself. Let’s see if it’s true (I don’t think so). I’m going to an urologist in the meanwhile (this week or the next). I read somewhere in this forum that the high DHT may have reduced the T levels, so that the body can lower the DHT, but I 've been off since June and I’ve done my analysis in the end of January so I don’t know. Maybe DHT was even higher when I left the pill. I must do some hormone tests besides DHT. Good luck for you.

I forgot to tell. I took 5mg Proscar cut in half. One half in the begginning of the week and the other half in the end.

How many of you had a problem with an overactive bladder, and having the urge to pee all the time, but have gotten better?

** I only want to hear from those of you in which these conditions have subsided please.** those of you who are better now…

How long were you off before your urination frequency returned to normal? Is it still better?
Thanks, this is really bothering me.

B

Did any of you have urination frequency problems for a few months (how long?) like those of an enlarged prostate or something? I am worried now.

Are you normal again?
This is making me feel like an old man. I have been off P three months and urination problems (increased frequency, and post-dribbles) are becoming a problem again, or are still a problem.

Has this gone away for many of you? What did you do to combat /heal from this problem? Post a quick response even, any of you. Thanks

Yes, i have urination problems specially in the days where i feel more penis pain. ¿Are you in the broccoli treatment? I try this treatment in the last year, and i think that the broccoli increase the frequency of my urination. Plus, when i tried zinc my symptoms were worse.

I felt a lot better when i stopped to drink my morning coffe. Also, i feel better when i don’t use a lot of spicy in my food, and when i don’t drink beer. This information is useful because in men with prostate problems this things (beer, coffe, etc) make the symptoms worse.

¿Did you have also urination pain?

No urination pain. Just increased frequency, and when not, just feels like my pipes are clogged or something.

Hello,

I am 35 y/o and I started my propecia treatment less than one year ago. Since about 2 months ago I’ve been having urination problems but I had no idea this could be caused by propecia until I visited my doctor today and he told me that could be the cause.

Problems are: difficulty starting urinating, weak flow, higher urination frequency, uncontrolled dripping (very annoying and embarassing).

So I’m going to stop for 2 months and see if anything changes.
Thing is I haven’t found a single reference on internet about this kind of side effect, as if it had never been reported before.

What’s the evidence that this is really caused by the drug? Any idea?

I had this. when on propecia and after for a couple of months then it subcided. If its bathering u and wont go away try curbisal, thats saw palmetto… think powder from 350 mg dried fruit but u have to look into that. Might be worth a try i took some when my prostate was sore, fixed me up in a couple of days.

good luck

Yeah, these propecia problems and urination problems are definately prostate problems, at least in my case.
I have been doing TONS of reading on the prostate, and all my symptoms are prostate related, as are most of the others on this site I would also speculate.

The problems wax and wane all the time as perineum discomfort and burning and/or urination problems come and go. When I take hot baths or when prostate is not inflamed, my erections are good again, as well as cum.
Cum (ejaculate) is actually another obvious factor, and tell tale sign. When there is no inflammation or discomfort down below, Blockages, cum is good, erections are good, and everything seems as it is almost back to normal.

I’ve been having a hunch this was it. I am going to try to undergo some prostate massage, and drainage, before blockages persist for too long.

BTW, keep in mind sometimes prostate blockages, congestion, and inflammation in some men’s prostate can not always be fealt as burning, discomfort, or even urinary. So this may be something to look into for some of you others still.

B

and btw, this still sucks! Blockages are hard to get out and clear up 100%. I just don’t want to have prostate problems for the rest of my life…

Yr right they are all clear signs of prostate dissorders. Most likely caused by the reintroduction of dht in the system. I had this for sure. Im sorry to say but a year ago i was convinced it was only prostatitis. Now my prostatitis symptoms have gone away, and they other symtoms are here to stay. I do however belive that if the unrination and similar sides persist theres a good chance of treating them with low dose saw palmetto. How ppl feel about reducing serum dht in here is another story.

See, the pain and discomfort goes away, but the blockages are still there making getting an erection more difficult, and this loss of sensation, and tingling, rising penis kills the libido.

I wish i shared yr intense belive that prostatitis is all there is even if treating that could be difficult. But i have a few drs who say my subclinical low free testosterone is more than likely the reason for my low libido, energy etc. But i think there are many different types of sides in here so we all have different problems to treat and as such different agendas.

cheers

Try getting your bloodtest sheet from the doctor, then getting a bunch of great sleep for a few days, eating good meals, having exercise, and feeling good (no depression) spend time with friends and family, get your mind off of it, then you can’t eat after 8pm (for twelve hours prior), then just get up and go and get your blood test at 8-8:30am in the morning the next morning, but make sure you are ready to be a man, and feel like a man. Think positively! You are a man right.
I often get depresed daily as the day will go on if I think about this, so T levels will go down more quickly.

Yes, I think it is definately prostate related. fin “shrunk” my prostate for a little bit, my cum is still not quite the same (although improving, just as a muscle can atrophy but then improve), and I still have some urinary symptoms although they are improving as long as I continue with my preventative steps to optimal prostate health.
I try to eat broccoli almost every day!
and btw, just ordered seven books from Amazon.com on healing your prostate, so I will post soon when I am fairly well back to normalcy.
Peace
And I feel I am about 80% healed.

Elevated estradiol
Elevated SHBG- which amplifies the effect of estrogens

And or a lowered level of androgens which results in a poor androgen to estrogen ratio.

Will often lead to an enlarged prostate and difficulty in voiding.

Many men with hypogonadism have experienced these problems.

This is something that is rarely reported with men on Andractim dihydrotestosterone gel.

I think the likely cause of the misery spoken of here is estrogens, not DHT.

All the men that talk about these issues here shpould have estradiol and SHBG tested alongside testosterone have their free testosterone calculated or better still have a free testosterone assay.

I would be suprised if most of the guys in this thread didn’t have fairly obvious problems seen with low free testosterone and or overtly high estradiol and SHBG.

I think this SHIT (fin) just stunned my prostate, so to speak, and there has been inflammation and hence blockage and stagnation down in my lower abdomen for a few months that I just couldn’t work out because of the location and dynamics of this region of the body, and also of course all my stress, worry, depression, and tension, what not. This has caused slightly enlarged prostate and symptoms, but this is all slowly starting to go away for me. I am taking an Eastern medicine sort of approach. I don’t think there is anything too out of line with my hormones, just stress and depression caused slight changes at times. I think hormones re-balance themselves on their own over a period of time in most people.
I am getting about seven books on prostate health and reconditioning in the mail tomorrow from Amazon, so I will read them and work my stuff back to normal.

But didn’t you have hormones tests that did suggest problems?

If you are going the natural route and you had elevated estradiol, at least take 50mgs a day zinc and see if this helps you at all. It does help some men a little because it acts as a natural but weak aromatase inhibitor that lowers estardiol a little.

If it helps at all then you know for sure that it is hormonal.