Update: still completely recovered, raging libido for the last four years

Recovery of HPA Axis Function After Successful Gonadotropin-Induced

Is dysregulation of the HPA-axis a core pathophysiology mediating co-morbid depression in neurodegenerative diseases?

It is very possible that the hormonal unbalance caused by Finasteride caused a dysregulation of HPA

HPA axis , a major neuroendocrine system that controls 
 processes, including digestion, the immune system, mood and emotions, sexuality , and energy storage and expenditure.

Pathways of sexual desire.

Brain dopamine systems (incertohypothalamic and mesolimbic) that link the hypothalamus and limbic system appear to form the core of the excitatory system. This system also includes melanocortins, oxytocin, and norepinephrine. Brain opioid, endocannabinoid, and serotonin systems are activated during periods of sexual inhibition, and blunt the ability of excitatory systems to be activated.

1 Like

Yeah, HTPA “restarts” as they are called, were commonplace here some time ago.
If you google HTPA restarts and cross reference it with some body building websites, many protocols have been put forth for restarting their production after a steroid cycle.

HTPA’s, however, seem to function correctly in the majority of PFS guys as their hormones for the most part level out and return to normal. Not always the case, but often so. This is what led to the “down-regulation” talk, as people would have high testosterone but wouldn’t even feel it, or worse, felt actually a negative reaction from it.

Yes the hormones are normal, but gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) and corticotropin releasing factor (CRF) administration increased serum progesterone and ALLO concentrations

How many people used here already Triptorelin and then use tribulus ?

1 Like

@Belikewater I’ve been using extreme tribulus by nutra rise, though the labelling looks very amateur and if I don’t see improvements like those reported above, I will switch to one of the other brands, so I am not advocating this brand just yet.

You’re wrong about the OP’s brand being the only one that is effective, as the above accounts should make obvious. Yes it needs to be Bulgarian/Slovakian (as they are the only strains that include protodioscin) and yes it needs to be aerial parts (leaves and stems), but the OP’s brand is not the only one that uses them.

So as you put some logical studies, what is the best thing to do? Should we try Triptorelin? Has anyone tried it here before?

I have not tried triptorelin, but I did have an appointment with a urologist about 2 weeks ago and asked him about it. While he recoiled a bit when I mentioned it, because he only knows it as something used to chemically castrate people with prostate cancer, he did confirm that the one-off 100 microgram dosage is miniscule compared to that administered for castration. He also confirmed that when they do administer it for prostate cancer, they initially note a bounce in testosterone production. As the OP outlined (and the urologist confirmed), it causes castration by over stimulating the hypothalamus. The uro said it is therefore quite feasible that the miniscule dose could give the hypothalamus a little jump start without causing damage, though he wouldn’t actually advocate it. Bear in mind, he does not recognise PFS, or rather he said it is not recognised (which I took to mean he toes the medical community line on the matter) but did promise to go away and research it before our next appointment in a couple of months.

2 Likes

Interestingly Anonimus used Methylprednisolone and he get recovered right ?

inhibit gonadotropin-releasing hormone.

Now Apr1989 used Triptorelin is a gonadotropin releasing hormone ( GnRH ) and he get recovered

Common factor here is that both methods Inhibit gonadotropin-releasing hormone after the used it shut down your own gonadotropin-releasing hormone.
it is like a restart over again.

1 Like

@MOONCHILD What about using something like clomid alongside the tribulus? It also is for hpta restart right?

@trav, @Trump_1776 and anyone else reporting gains, are you following any particular diet? Are you avoiding certain foods, alcohol, caffeine, anything? Or just eating as you choose?

This sounds like quite an idea. I was pondering similar at one point, though only pondering - done nowhere near the research you have!

I’m trying some something else off the back of it even that might be another way to restart HPA axis. If it works I might post it up.

Again thanks muchly MOON for all the research!!

1 Like

The concept it is different, triptorelin and high dosage of glucorticoids suppress GnRH, T go down, and slowly going up again.

1 Like

@MOONCHILD Makes sense, I’ve also read of recoveries with dexamethasone

Be careful dexamethasone you need to know what you are going to do, you can develop a crushing syndrome and a diabetes too.
The best thing is Methylprednisolone using the same dosage and protcol of Anonymous

I’m too scared to try any radical treatments like this without a doctors supervision. Just relaying information I’ve read on here

Do you have any links please ?

Triptorelin is a gonadotropin releasing hormone ( GnRH )

gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) and corticotropin releasing factor (CRF) administration increased serum progesterone and ALLO concentrations.

and this is very important seem that maybe somehow Apr1989 with the used of Triptorelin restored the production of active neurosteroids

1 Like

I don’t avoid anythinf but junk food. Intermittent fast as well.

1 Like

Not suggesting anyone try this, just saying it seems similar to what moonchild was saying

I believe that some how Triptorelin change the AR expression