Update: still completely recovered, raging libido for the last four years

@fvckthepfs @Scott.H

Sorry, I am a new user so only allowed to tag 2 people at a time.

Iā€™ll finish my 3rd low dose cycle on Saturday, libido is definitely up, Iā€™m getting more morning wood on cycle than off. Iā€™d say itā€™s worth trying but I am far from cured.

Iā€™m going to increase the dose for my 4th cycle and see how that goes.

1 Like

Hey @jack82, welcome to the community. Please fill out a member story and fill out our survey when it comes through to you (check your email) this is incredibly important and will make a real difference in getting our condition recognised. Good luck with your experiments.

Did a few cycles, not sure if Iā€™ll keep experimenting. Felt BAAADDD on cycle, but did it as per Apr1989ā€™s cycles.

Iā€™m keen to keep on trying, if Iā€™m honest, as Sulforaphane meant I could ā€˜tolerateā€™ it a load more. There might be a different process for people who feel like crap on it. Iā€™ll have an experiment. I also tested out a very very small cycle of:

1/2 pill AM
1/2 pill AM 1/2 pill PM
1/2 pill AM 1/2 pill midday 1/2 pill PM
1/2 pill AM 1/2 pill PM
1/2 pill PM

On that I didnā€™t feel any better or worse really. Maybe the bad feeling just slightly creeping in ā€œat the edgesā€. I had though recently discovered Sulforaphane meant masturbation no longer crashed me, so Iā€™d kinda pushed experimentation with that too tbh.

Not sure if down-regulating or destroying ARs with Sulforaphane (which is considered RISKY btw) is a good idea beforehand, also my testosterone was in range, so I didnā€™t take Triptorelin. I think SHBG would have brought free test back down anyway.

I donā€™t know if feeling bad on it means persist or try super low doses but I have a ā€˜good feelingā€™ about the protocol in some way or another.

And also a LOT of Medi-Herb Tribulus, so I might as well tinker a little bit before trying the next thing. Or I might not. Iā€™m not totally sure yet.

Jin, could you update your member story and write down what your current symptoms are, what youā€™ve tried etc?

Hi Greek - yes I might do sometime. Iā€™m back in a slump though, trying things that are perhaps ill-advised maybe. I will definitely get back to it if it makes me better or worse or gets me nowhere.

Iā€™m sorry to read that. I was under the impression that you were practically over this. Hereā€™s something you might not want to hear.

Youā€™ve tried a lot of different things and I assume (since youā€™ve said youā€™re in a slump) your condition has gone up and down.

I have tried barely nothing. My condition has gone up and down but is generally better.

If I had tried a lot of things, I might be saying ā€œI felt good when I was taking that, it must be that which was fixing meā€ and I think thereā€™s a lot of that on the forum. Iā€™m not saying everyone or everything but some posts must be like that. Otherwise weā€™d have some consistency in what is suggested people try.

Maybe try doing nothing for a while. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if you had some good days doing nothing special at all.

That is a better course of action than trying risky things that could harm you.

1 Like

Thanks Greek - yes definitely sensible, but Iā€™m getting some sort of huge downswing right now. Shame really as I was sure the Sulforaphane was worth a shot.

Not to derail this thread any further, but I want to see if thereā€™s still anything to be had from the Tribulus cycles for people who feel bad on it. Maybe longer lower cycles will work? Maybe powering through it for a few cycles and waiting for positives to come after? I donā€™t know tbh, but I know Iā€™ve got to try something. Deliberately trying nothing did help a little bit - I might go back to that. Really also fancy TEI still (sorry) along with gut/pathogens approach if things stop working out.

Few options for me still but this is no way to try and live and Iā€™m struggling.

BUT we got the Baylor study pending, got people trying things all the time - not giving up, despite this being life on hard-mode.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s any history of those things helping but if you are intent on it, best of luck.

1 Like

Hi again all. Thanks for asking @Jack82.

I have now taken Vemoherb tribulus in cycles (1 week off, 1-2 weeks on) since my last reply in this thread. My ā€œonā€ periods have been up to two weeks since it did make me feel somewhat closer to who i was before and it did give ā€œsignsā€ of libido, but nothing stable. And I was longing so strongly for this feeling that I didnā€™t manage to end my cycle after one week. I also increased the amount per day (up to 5 capsules) rather drastically and I did not taper of, for some reason.

I quit my 3rd cycle last week and then I by coincidence mixed some sorghum flour I had lying around with water and drank it. And voilĆ”, dramatic changes. Reduced IBD symptoms (I eat almost anything now), increased libido and I identify with the thought of being attracted to a woman again. More sensitivity but still lower than what it should be. Itā€™s like Iā€™m somewhat of a man again. And I know Iā€™m starting to get ā€œthereā€, because that was who I was before.

I donā€™t respond badly in any way to tribulus nor sorghum, as many others do, except I experienced very dull orgasms when taking tribulus in the beginning. However, it seems ā€œmy PFSā€ is not of the worst cases on here. But itā€™s bad enough to experience severe anhedonia and feeling that thereā€™s no reason to live.

I get anhedonia from oral magnesium (wrecked my gut and HCL levels), as well as most NO donors (citrulline, arginine, CoQ10), BCAA and Tyrosine. Magnesium oil applied on skin also leads to an ā€œemotional shieldā€, distancing me from reality and having normal emotions. Iā€™m still a bit anhedonic when being off all those, but it feels like sorghum is helping. Iā€™m listening to music and want to go out these days.

Tribulus didnā€™t contribute much to libido itself, except on some occations. I needed sorghum to ā€œboostā€ myself here. However, Iā€™ll await and see. Itā€™s like Iā€™m hesitant to report here since Iā€™ve experienced so much instability before. But my gut and prostatitis issues are more or less gone now unless I provoke my body with a lot of alcohol and gluten, little sleep and so on. That was not the case before I started taking sorghum after I had cycled tribulus. And I find it quite fascinating that my gut issues appear to be so connected to low DHT levels.

Except the tribulus cycling, the only supplements I take today are a simple probiotic (lactobacillus acidophilus, bifidobacterium lactis, lactobacillus rhamnosus) and 2-4 tablespoons of sorghum each day.

3 Likes

Finished my first tribulus cycle. Seemed like I had a bit increased bloodflow while on but nothing to brag about. Now that Iā€™m off I feel just as bad as normal, maybe slightly worse. Doesnā€™t seem to be anything that pushed me in the right direction.

1 Like

I think its enough statistical evidence that shows tribulus is not a cureā€¦ Tried myself, felt quite bad while on it. Not improved.

You might be one of the people who reacts badly to it like jinstewart. Was it Bulgarian tribulus with protodioscin like the OP says is needed in his original post from 4 years back?

No medication or supplement will cure everyone.

I think that Tribulus work, I been taking it and I feel with more libido than ever, seem that it is dosage depend and also the stage of PFS, in my particular case Tribulus would do anything to me in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 ( were the worse years of my life with PFS ), I was so badly crashed that Taking Tribulus hadnā€™t had make any difference.

1 Like

I will list all of the supplements Iā€™ve been takingā€¦ but did try the mediherb tribulusā€¦ Iā€™m terrible at sticking to a regimen but it did seem to help. I was wondering if anyone had an online pharmacy where you can order ED drugs without a prescription? Maybe via western union,? My credit cards keep rejecting my orderā€¦was told to try Mastercard and that failed as well

Why donā€™t you just get a prescription?

They will only prescribe a small amount and at a low dosage because thatā€™s all insurance allows :disappointed:

Ah, I see.

Iā€™m sorry to hear that but at least youā€™re able to get advice on what you can and canā€™t take. If you explain your predicament to your doctor, perhaps they could recommend a pharmacy to you.

If your credit cards are being rejected, contact the bank who issues them and say your card is being rejected and ask why. It could be that your card issuer doesnā€™t ā€œlikeā€ the seller and they can unlock the purchase.