Update: still completely recovered, raging libido for the last four years

Yeah it’s crazy I call them but it still gets rejected… they are a pain. Anything outside of where I live is a problem, especially if it’s out of the country like India.

1 Like

Hi, I’ve just received the ‘Medi Herb’ brand tribulus and am going to begin my first cycle starting tomorrow. I am going to follow the exact dosing protocol of the Original Poster.

I do think I may be a candidate that can fully recover as I currently have no mental side effects. My sexual side effects are also manageable with an ED liquid shot I take every time I believe I am going to have sex. It always works. I want to be at a point where I do not need to rely on that liquid shot.

Again - everyone, continued to eat as healthy as possible and avoid any foods that block DHT. You need to research what these foods are (Carrots, tomatoes, etc). You can no longer eat them with this sensitivity. Continue to work out and drink TONS of water. By work out I mean sprints, powerful lifting that makes you sweat, with emphasis on your legs. I think I will create my own new post to note progress on the cycles on the MediHerb tribulus.

2 Likes

What liquid shot do you refer to?

1 Like

Its called ‘African Rhino 12000’ You can buy them in bulk online or buy them retail at most Adult stores. You only need to drink about half of the shot and I experience no side effects. You can also control how much you take (drink a little if you think you should be fine - drink a lot if you are not confident). I have not experienced PFS stopping me from getting an erection while drinking at least half of the shot.

Pls update us.

It’s been 6 hours.

5 Likes

Small update.

Since my first cycle which I did in like January, my brain fog has definitely been lessened since then.

Statistically I’ve had far less moments throughout the day where I thought " Holy f*** I can’t even think straight"

I feel a bit more confident and collected overall during these past 3 months.

My hair loss has also significantly sped up since that last cycle and partly the reason I haven’t done any more (I’m not ready to give up on my hair just yet so trying to at least MAINTAIN with safe topicals while attempting to cure PFS is… a horrible balancing act to say the least).

To me the permanent reduction in brain fog and acceleration of hair loss are definite signs of increased 5-AR / AR activity after that first Tribulus cycle.

I am now on second cycle which is going to go up to 4 pills and last around a week total, we will see what changes this brings. For now I am also noticing looser foreskin, less ‘rubber dick’ and less prominent blue veins and splotches so that’s cool, shows that genital skin 5-AR has also improved a bit. Although what I want back the most is sensitivity down there and that has been the slowest to improve and will probably take the most cycles.

Anyway, I think this is worth doing and trying, but it seems many many cycles of a QUALITY supplement will be necessary before this is fixed in full. I’ll pop in here occasionally. Good luck!

3 Likes

which are those?

2 Likes

Thanks for the update @fvckthepfs, very much appreciated. This sounds very promising. One thing PFS has taught me is that I definitely do not care about keeping my hair if it is a choice between that and overcoming PFS (I assume you have read about the risks of some topicals, I was under the impression that any “safe” topicals like caffeine shampoo are a crock of shit).

How are others getting on? @viking87 @Chapman @ncsugrad @Scott.H?

@jinstewart did you keep on with the low dose cycles and see any improvement in your bad reaction to trib?

I haven’t really kept taking it consistently so I don’t have much to report. I’ve messed around with R Andro some but it always seems to make me worse. I’m hoping for some improvements now that I’ve stopped. We’ll see I guess.

@awor Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, N-Acetyl cysteine, capsaicin, Sandalore… just stuff that doesn’t mess with hormones in any way. It doesn’t really stop all the hair loss but it helps limit the damage while on cycle. Anyway don’t really wanna turn this into a hair loss thread.

@Jack82 I’ve spent probably 2 years and hundreds if not thousands of dollars on various supplements and hormones to try and get at least my brain function back (never mind my sexual…) and Tribulus cycling is the first one that has made any kind of noticeable, permanent impact so far. And yes hair vs health is a terrible choice to have to make. I wish hair loss had nothing to do with male hormones, certainly sacrificing your health like we did the day we took that Finasteride pill is not worth it. I’m determined to find a way to make both ends meet though.

2 Likes

Hey matey - in short, I think I’m getting it to work, I think. Hard to say which of the mad things it was, but at some point I’m going to have to enlist help to un-pick the last few weeks as I’ve had some major ups following some major downs.

Long and the short is I’m trying a steady doese of VemoHerb, precisely because it should be less potent. I think I got to tolerate it after sulforaphane as per NYScientist but DO NOT take that anyone. I’m following more TyCr0z’s tribulus cycles atm, and week two seems to be ok, but also doing a bunch of other things.

If I do end up cracking the procedure for people who feel like re-fried shit on tribulus (like I did) to now being able to legit feel benefits I’ll let folks know. I’ll also update if it’s a disaster.

At some point I’ll get to that, but I’ll really need some of the research and medical crew to help me figure out a theory. Either way I’m dramatically on the up, mostly mentally, some sexually.

1 Like

Good luck with it @jinstewart, having people around with your sort of attitude is very motivating.

@ncsugrad, if you didn’t have a bad reaction to the trib, maybe it’s worth giving it another shot once you’ve given your self a rest after the R Andro.

@fvckthepfs this is exactly what I am hoping for myself. Mental and cognitive effects are my biggest concern because I have not seen much improvement in them since crashing at the beginning of 2018 (in fact, some seem to have worsened, although I think that is partly due to anxiety associated with the lack of improvement), whereas I have seen some sexual improvements. Of course, if trib can give me raging libido and a straight dick again, I will be very happy. But most of all I am hoping it will get me back to being able to read and remember like I use to. Mine should finally arrive tomorrow.

1 Like

Something interesting that made me put a few pieces of the puzzle together:

“The two isoforms are differently expressed and regulated: 5AR1 is the only isoform present in the glial cells; the expression of 5AR2 is under the positive control of testosterone and DHT, while the expression of 5AR1 is negatively regulated by the same androgens.”
-https://www.um.edu.mt/library/oar/bitstream/handle/123456789/16071/Neurosteroidogenesis.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

5AR1 which is primarily located in the brain is negatively impacted by circulating peripheral androgens, it’s activity goes down as the amount of DHT in the bloodstream increases. This is not a problem for a normal healthy body as androgen receptors work properly and can correctly sense amounts of circulating androgens. In PFS the AR are unresponsive to androgens and the entire negative feedback loop becomes broken, resulting in suppressed 5-AR1 activity and a loss of neurosteroids when Propecia is stopped and DHT levels rise back to normal.

I’ve had improvements in genital sensitivity when taking creatine (better than right now on Tribulus) but it made my brain fog even much worse, due to the effect above. Increasing androgens peripherally is not something you want to do until the androgen receptor in the entire body is re-sensitized. That’s why I would do as many tribulus cycles as I feel I am getting benefit from, and then if things still aren’t 100% right I would do a couple of creatine cycles.

6 Likes

After taking creatine for few days I am experiencing the bigger crash since 2016.

Note : I also had been over-masturbating ( 3 times a day).

Relationship between Sexual Satiety and Brain Androgen Receptors

Recently we showed that 24 h after copulation to satiety, there is a reduction in androgen receptor density (ARd) in the medial preoptic area (MPOA) and in the ventromedial hypothalamic nucleus (VMH), but not in the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis (BST). The present study was designed to analyze whether the ARd changes in these and other brain areas, such as the medial amygdala (MeA) and lateral septum, ventral part (LSV), were associated with changes in sexual behavior following sexual satiety. Males rats were sacrificed 48 h, 72 h or 7 days after sexual satiety (4 h ad libitum copulation) to determine ARd by immunocytochemistry; additionally, testosterone serum levels were measured in independent groups sacrificed at the same intervals. In another experiment, males were tested for recovery of sexual behavior 48 h, 72 h or 7 days after sexual satiety. The results showed that 48 h after sexual satiety 30% of the males displayed a single ejaculation and the remaining 70% showed a complete inhibition of sexual behavior. This reduction in sexual behavior was accompanied by an ARd decrease exclusively in the MPOA-medial part (MPOM). Seventy-two hours after sexual satiety there was a recovery of sexual activity accompanied by an increase in ARd to control levels in the MPOM and an overexpression of ARd in the LSV, BST, VMH and MeA. Serum testosterone levels were unmodified during the post-satiety period. The results are discussed on the basis of the similarities and discrepancies between ARd in specific brain areas and male sexual behavior.

Makes sense. This is why I said not to take creatine or increase androgens until you’ve maxxed out your androgen receptor density/sensitivity.

Not masturbating can help recovery but I don’t consider it a must since I am still making progress.

This was a nice reading and it made sense. But how would you explain so many people without any mental issues but only sexual sides? My only problem was low semen volume for years, now i realized i also have some general sexual impairments aswell. But, still this isn’t explains everything.

If we assume that the fundamental pathology of PFS is the loss of androgen receptor sensitivity and epigenetic alterations in 5-alpha enzyme activity throughout the body then there are already enough variations there to explain most of the differences in symptoms. Already when taking the drug there are different patterns of response, some people get no side effects, some people get them far later, and some only after quitting. The drug will not affect everyone’s body the same way even concerning it’s primary and predicted effect - there are even people genetically ‘immune’ to Finasteride and it does not reduce their DHT levels but leave them unaltered or even increase it.

Aside from genetic variation there are also other factors to consider like dosage and duration of taking the drug in total, how the person quit (suddenly or tapered)… there are way too many variables to be able to map out at this point in time.

As such sadly it’s also possible that not everyone will be able to cure themselves with the same thing. But I’d leave such speculation out for now and certainly not let it discourage anyone from trying potentially promising substances like tribulus or creatine.

4 Likes

Now if Finasteride upregulates expression of androgen receptor, what tribulus suppose to do downregulate it ?

Also Dehydroepiandrosterone upregulates neural androgen receptor level and transcriptional activity

2 Likes