UK journalist looking for PFS patients in the UK

Hey, someone in a WA group was posting that a Journalist from “The Mail on Sunday” is looking for PFS patients from the UK to speak out.

He wants to write and article for next weekend and wants to speak to patients by Wednesday.
He said it can be anonymously, preferably with name.

Hope someone finds this interesting.

@mitch hope it was okay to post this here, if not please remove.

@Sugarhouse is Mitch’s username

1 Like

Additional information: seeks like inspired by the French ANSM the English MHRA wants to conduct a review on the safetiness of Finasteride. That seems to be the reason for the journalist to write his piece.

2 Likes

I’ll do it. Any other UK patients on here? Can be anonymous.

I made the approach to the DM @Finasterized I am liaising with with the Health Editor direct who set off the reporters over the weekend. There are abviously some crossed wires.It was @infinite and myself who received the response from the MHRA The Editor has since apologised and will come back to me with an update. You will see that a seperate thread was started about this last week. I will provide further updates as and when I know. The story is due out this weekend.

2 Likes

I hope the story is covered in the Irish version of the Mail on Sunday

If not maybe someone in the UK can put an image of the article up on here when it’s published on the weekend

1 Like

Hi @LazarusRy @Finasterized

I think many of us on here believe there is an autoimmune angle to our condition, I certainly do mine.

I came across an old post where someone had suggested finasteride might induce an autoimmune condition and their local MP had asked the question to the then UK dept of health.

It could be an angle for the Dailymail journalist to follow up on

From link below

Merck, the FDA and the CSM, all refused to comment on this question. I tried every avenue i could to get a response over a considerable period. My member of Parliment even tried to get a reply directly from the Dept of Health here. They just said this was confidential information!

1 Like