Trying finasteride again

I don’t think anyone on this forum has tried lowering DHT. We need to think outside the box if our genes switched off the androgen receptors due to an overflow of DHT rushing back into our systems then surely lowering it would signal the body to resensitive the receptors in response to low levels.

Is there anyone on this site that you know has tried it?

In a sort of way I have unknowingly!. I took fin on and off for 20 years. I had lots of issues with numerous symptoms appearing weeks after I stopped. I never tied these into finasteride as have rheumatoid arthritis, visits to doctors / consultants drew a blank. I’d generally have 9 month on and 3 off. I now have every symptom on the list as well as a few others. I believe I’ve had a number of crashes and have had no improvement only a worsening of symptoms. It would be like putting a gun to your head.

2 Likes

I took finasteride again after developing pfs in 2012. Took it for another 9ish months in 2017 and all it did was give me mental symptoms this time around. Thankfully they subsided somewhat but my sexual symptoms remained the same and thankfully didn’t get worse

Interesting thank you for your clarity on the matter

In your case you took it for 20 years so I’d definitely expect some adverse sides for someone on it as long as you. Tell me something is your face still oily and has your hair loss continued I ask this because this would be a strong indication your DHT is online. In my regards I’m a one pill catastrophy so once I took the pill DHT instantly shut offline permanently in your case you took the drugs for 2 decades inhibiting the drug for that long is bound to come with health conditions. There must be a mechanism to get DHT working again and this seems like the only viable solution to turn those AR’s back on.

1 Like

The question is after you got PFS why did you risk it again.

My skin is as dry as sticks that started 6 years ago and has not recovered. I’ve lost hair coverage across the top and back. In answer I did not know I had PFS until two years ago. My symptoms were never tied into the drug. When I first took it the only side mentioned was a temp loss of libido nothing else so I never looked at this as the cause. The rheumatoid autoimmune disease was seen as the potential issue I was never convinced. As more and more symptoms appeared the doctors ran out of ideas then I was made to feel like I was imagining it all as bloods always came back normal. I stumbled across this site under 2 years ago and it all fell in to place. I immediately stopped taking propecia. If anything I’ve got a lot worse since.which I didn’t think was possible. The damage caused is long-term and in my opinion for me irreversible.

1 Like

Unless we get your androgen receptors back online that’s the solution to all our problems.

1 Like

Because at that point all I had was sexual symptoms and I was curious like you to see if it might help. Also i was losing hair again and I thought what could I lose, my symptoms aren’t getting better anyway. But it can always get worse

1 Like

I stopped Finasteride ans Dutasteride for a while in the past then took it again. Never helped, didn’t make things worse.
Then tried Lupron, still doing, and it’s a lot worse. Pain in my eyes, pelvis, hips, arms, brain, scalp, … more body/face hair… I regret I ever tried. Pfs symptoms were not pleasant and now it’s a nightmare.
Don’t be as stupid as me.

1 Like

@Ocguy I think has. If I remember rightly.

If not it was on another forum, which I can’t link nor mention here.

Yeah, A lot of us got worse because of silly experiments, I am on the same boat…

1 Like

I think its possible Finasteride stays inside our bodies and that’s why we remain messed up for so long.

Mark why would it stay in our bodies for so long? I put another post up here that suggested finasteride was a suicide inhibitor that permanently attaches itself to the receptors mutating the site so that they remain offline. I did a fair bit research behind this and when Merck presented their data to the FDA they had blatantly lied and said it was a competitive inhibitor when I had found countless data that suggested otherwise I came to the conclusion that it was a non competitive inhibitor that much is true but @Dubya_B posted some research about my receptors theory that I still have to look over.

I took one dose and then aborted the experiment… my eye bags got immediately worse and remembered just how shitty bad this poison affected me…

1 Like

Just a theory I have because Finasteride crosses the blood brain barrier.

What happened to those that commited suicide and their brains and spines were supposedly donated?? You never hear anymore about that but remember it…Maybe mohit drag my feet was heading that up as well…

Probably nothing I heard that Doctors need someones body within 48 hours of them passing away if there going to do an autopsy.

I heard it was in a brain bank in Texas…

1 Like