TRT therapy - positive results on the whole but negative views held by forum members

what is wrong with you, do you not understand what i am saying

im not talking about posts on this forum, im talking about my own personal experience. I cycle trib, tomgkat and boron, have also done cycles of clomid and androsterone…all of them are very helpful for my symptoms. They haven’t cured me but certainly made my life a lot better. So to be blunt, you are wrong…it does help

I waiting for the usual “you prob dont have pfs” response. I would say highly unlikely that its a coincidence that my dick shrivelled into a cocktail sausage, 3 weeks after i stopped fin…with no prior health conditions

Also reading your posts, libido seems to be your only issue. You also didn’t take finasteride. I think you should visit a sex therapist as high chance your issues are psychogenic

In the meantime, i you dont think androgen supplementation is helpful, then fine you are entitled to your opinion…but please stay off this thread

This community is tiny, and the length of time and funding it takes to commission research into
anything makes the prospects of a silver bullet from that route unlikely if not impossible in the medium term.

4 Likes

This place has been 15 years of people saying they feel better from this that and another herb, hormone, pill, tons of placebo effect and wishful thinking, no credible long-term recoveries. Anyway, intention was to clarify that TRT isn’t just “boosting” T and getting hornier. It’s completely shutting down your natural hormones rendering yourself unable to have children and possibly never be able to produce it normally again to do something that countless people have tried before without positive outcome. Enjoy repeating the last 15 years. Didn’t want to rain on your parade, but there’s value in both discussion of pros and cons, not only people talking up pros and trying to sell others to hop on already countless times attempted experiment bandwagon under illusion that it’s something new.

1 Like

I’d like to clear up a few misconceptions here.

It’s not necessary that everyone with PFS will worsen from, or have no response to TRT. Depending on the degree of AR overexpression, one could be experiencing a loss of function (where you simply have no response to androgens), or a toxic gain of function (where androgen supplementation makes you worse). This, of course, is probably not uniform across tissues. You could have loss of function in some tissues, while having normal AR expression in others, which is why TRT supplementation could benefit you. You could have toxic gain of function in some tissues, while having normal AR expression in others, why is why TRT supplementation could make you feel better with some symptoms, while getting worse in others.

That being said, I do agree that it is essential for us to gather as a community and get behind scientific research and outreach efforts. Experimentation and that don’t have to be mutually exclusive, but people tend to make it so. I think that’s the issue he’s trying to raise.

Also, having research done doesn’t mean that it’s useless for everyone until there’s a cure. It could provide answers to questions like why some people worsen after getting better from antiandrogen supplementation, and allow us to experiment with a lower degree of risk.

6 Likes

yup im gona continue to enjoy having a normal sex life while popping my herbs

2 Likes

Is it possible to have a thread without it being derailed by theories and negative babble? This is why I never post here

Vkg has repeated the exact same thing …what…ten times now?? WE GET THE FUCKING POINT. Now can you get the point and kindly piss off already? This is ridiculous.

And may I suggest other members interested in discussing TRT ignore him please?

5 Likes

@borax, from my readings of accounts of people, very few have gotten worse from TRT as compared to improving or not noticing any difference. And of course, tissue-specific AR overexpression of a differential nature is only a theory and hasn’t been proven to my knowledge.

2 Likes

Regarding your comment of very few having gotten worse from TRT, I don’t know. You’re probably right.

There was the study that proved PFS patients with penile numbness had AR overexpression in penile tissue, and their symptom severity was proportional to the degree of AR overexpression they had. It honestly looks like to be very likely, especially considering how this disease seems to affect everyone differently.

1 Like

I’m pretty new to this forum in the grand scheme of it all vkg1, to my thoughts most threads i’ve read of late i’ve noticed your name accompanied with a negative comment or vibe…i don’t know your story pal, i aren’t after an argument and aren’t trying to be a dick but honestly mate why waste your time on here? If you’re that adamant that nothing on these threads can be of help to people then why bother? I wouldn’t be on here unless i thought something could help me or one day even cure me

9 Likes

Don’t you think some people here might be capable of more than doing the same failed things that have been attempted hundreds of times before? You think a more productive approach, such as finding ways to promote research, attention to our condition, and general advocacy is beyond everyone’s capacity?

1 Like

Hopefully. But research has moved at a leisurely pace (and that’s an understatement) and people don’t want to wait for something that they don’t feel they have any influence over, in terms of research initiatives as well as how research actually provide meaningful solutions to our problems.

Out of curiosity, what have you personally done to help further the research efforts other than acting as an inquisitor of other forum members?

2 Likes

I posted this somewhere else as well but here again. Another story with TRT in a Facebook Group about TRT I am member of.

1 Like

You speak as if someone else should be making the research happen. As if someone who didn’t have PFS would taken upon themselves to expend a lot of their own resources, risk major career setbacks, on investigating something we complain that we have but haven’t even done the most basic things to provide evidence exists at all.

Where in the world to people get the idea that that makes any sense at all?

There are ten million unproven medical conditions people complain that they have. The ones that get researched are the ones where the affected are able to provide credible evidence actually exist. Any scientist submitting a grant proposal for PFS right now would be laughed out of the room. It’s up to us and only us to change that. Instead we sit and talk broscience, conspiracy theories, and herbs decade after decade.

2 Likes

@vkg1, what’s your proposal? In practical terms, not lofty dreams. What steps are you personally taking?

At a minimum, we should all be going to every online community we can find to tell PFS, PSSD, PAS victims as well as people who generally report being assexual or sexually dysfunctional (i.e., people who may not have thought of drug connection) about the little scientific work commenced so far including awor’s theory and survey in order to start unifying the groups. We’re conquered as long as we are divided. We all also should obviously be doing the DNA test and survey ourselves. Naturally I do all of these that I can, but ALL of US should be doing these things. I can’t make a difference alone.

As for action proposals, that should be the main thing being discussed here. It should be the overwhelming focus of the forum. I welcome your critique of a sample idea I sketched here earlier: A letter to you, forum

1 Like

If ours were a solvable problem with TRT, it would probably be called HYPOGONADISM. Honestly, I think more than one member here has suffered from some form of endocrine disorder, following finasteride / antidepressants / isotetrionin. The latter will benefit from TRT and herbal t boosters, the problem is they think they are cured of the true syndrome and come here to bring it back as a cure. Naive people try to reply and end up in hell.

1 Like

Agreed

I may try trt but in my country it ain’t easy to convince ur doc. If that happens, does anyone suggest on going the oral route? I am planning on oral testosterone tablets and proviron everyday… i wish i could get hcg. Most probably i will try to get my hands on injections, but if not, oral route is the plan.

The first step is to get your blood levels tested. If you do not have low T then there is all to lose and little if anything to gain by taking T.

Except by the people who had normal T levels and still experienced improvements.

Some people here don’t respond to their own androgens but respond to exogenous androgens. It maybe some sort of autoimmunity, Hence i don’t think trt is that bad and for estrogen symptoms, proviron is strong enough to reduce those and give a great dht pump, much more safer than those stupid Aromatase Inhibitors. I am just confused about the oral T route becoz not many people have tried it here. Everywhere i see only injections and gels…what about people who can’t get injections prescribed !