Tribulus Terrestris may boost androgen levels, nitric oxide release

I’ve noticed nothing at all when using this

Free Serum Testosterone Level in Male Rats Treated with Tribulus Alatus Extracts

scielo.br/pdf/ibju/v33n4/v33n4a15.pdf
Free Serum Testosterone Level in Male Rats Treated with Tribulus.pdf (28.6 KB)

The hormonal effects of Tribulus terrestris and its role in the management of male erectile dysfunction – an evaluation using primates, rabbit and rat

Abstract:

"Hormonal effects of Tribulus terrestris (TT) were evaluated in primates, rabbit and rat to identify its usefulness in the management of erectile dysfunction (ED).

TT extract was administered intravenously, as a bolus dose of 7.5, 15 and 30 mg/kg, in primates for acute study. Rabbits and normal rats were treated with 2.5, 5 and 10 mg/kg of TT extract orally for 8 weeks, for chronic study.

In addition, castrated rats were treated either with testosterone cypionate (10 mg/kg, subcutaneously; biweekly for 8 weeks) or TT orally (5 mg/kg daily for 8 weeks). Blood samples were analyzed for testosterone (T), dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate (DHEAS) levels using radioimmunoassay.

In primates, the increases in T (52%), DHT (31%) and DHEAS (29%) at 7.5 mg/kg were statistically significant. In rabbits, both T and DHT were increased compared to control, however, only the increases in DHT (by 30% and 32% at 5 and 10 mg/kg) were statistically significant. In castrated rats, increases in T levels by 51% and 25% were observed with T and TT extract respectively that were statistically significant.

TT increases some of the sex hormones, possibly due to the presence of protodioscin in the extract. TT may be useful in mild to moderate cases
of ED
."
Hormonal effects of Tribulus and its role in management of male erectile dysfunction.pdf (788 KB)

I noticed nothing when I used this in 2003.

JN

I really want to give this herb a go but I already got gynecomastia due to finasteride so I’m gonna approach this with extra caution.

Anyone else tried tribulus?

Any known side effects?

I’ve used this for a few months. Took a while to notice anything, but I am sure it has increased the number of morning erections and improved libido.

I think this supplement can really vary in quality between brands, so it’s probably worth trying some different types.

Only side effect has been more body hair on my chest and arms.

confirmed:

morningwood, more libido, more load

confirmed:

bad wood

don’t know if it’s from too much estradiol, i also came quicker on this supplement probably due to impacting the prostate somehow

use:
as a lh stimulant, 5 days on 2 days off

combine with:
tongkat ali for more free test, also cycle

test:
perhaps if it increases estradiol too much (read up study on tribestan) use dim along with it, or calcium d glucarate or chrysin… there are combined products, read a lot good stuff about nitro t3

anyone can test drive this?

bad wood?

Very interesting read on one of the hairloss forums. Look at his testoterone increase!! Has anyone tried this specific supp?

hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess … adid=63742

Don’t think it was the tribulus

ergo-log.com/tribnoeffect.html

And there will be multiple others links which will tell you that Trib does raise Testo levels, but only in men who are deficient to start with. Thus its not popular in the BB world, but it does seem to work for Hypogondal folks.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a study done on male people showing any appreciable change in testosterone.
There are lots of other products that DO work, so why waste your time with this stuff?

Ive tried Vitrix which is made from tribuls… DIDNT notice anything regarding sex drive improvement… It did boost my T levels but also made my hair fall and oily skin… Not worth the money ZMA better but still doesnt do miracles

I’m on tribulus and ZMA at the same time.

How are those supplements working for you Joe?

don’t take them anymore, ZMA was good though and I will start taking it once again. I have layed off all supplements, ditched the very careful diet and it’s not made me feel any worse. I am just going to try and carry on living as usual with a more careful diet, and follow things up with my GP, I can’t see anything else being effective

how long did u tak tribulus? and did u see any negative effect from it?

I don’t think there were any negative side effects, no. I am going to give it another cycle because I only took it for about 4 days, I am going to take a high dose too.

I’m thinking of trying the broccoli diet, in combination with Tribulus/ L-Arginine/ and Melatonin for my sleep.

I think you should try one thing at a time so that can make clear conclusions. while taking bunch you don’t know what is doing what.

sps