....TRAV HCG log

Doing okay, thanks.

betweenjobs That was nice. Gave me some motivation to write this.

I actually quit HCG cold turkey about 3-4 weeks ago. Here’s why.

For the first month or two of HCG, I absolutely got benefit out of it. It didn’t feel like a cure per se, but it certainly helped alleviated some of the most (or only) PFS symptoms I have left. Symptoms including penile narrowing, penile pain, penile shrinkage, lack of erections, weak erections, dulled orgasms, lack of libido, morning and spontaneous erections, inability to lose fat around the waist ect…

Now, unfortunately, as time went on, it seemed like some of the benefits it was providing were fading just a bit, and the negative side effects were slowly creeping up. I began to experience very mild fatigue and nausea as early as the first couple weeks, 2/10 maybe. As time went on, fatigue and nausea became more apparent.

Around 3 months in my fatigue was becoming debilitating, it was akin to how fatigued you feel when you have the flu. I was also having a still a bit mild but very dull and annoying nausea some of the time. I consulted my urologist but seeing as she is still a useless bitch as usual, she did not provide any help whatsoever.

Anyhow, I quit cold turkey. The first week off was a bit rough. I felt my normal PFS baseline I would say, maybe slightly worse. As time went on, I think I am around where I was pre-hcg, maybe slightly better - hard to say. I had a few really good days, but as is tradition, I kind of slid backwards in terms of progress as has been happening for nearly four years.

Having said all that - HCG has got to be the most effective thing I have ever done in regards to PFS. Nothing else I have tried has come even close. It really is an interesting drug. It did some serious work on penile narrowing and shrinkage while I was on it. My dick looked fuller, felt better to touch, my balls didn’t look like a deflated balloon when waking up most days. I was waking up hard and with libido. It was pretty fantastic. But again, not a cure. I still felt and DO feel like I have permanent brain damage from finasteride.
But it was certainly an improvement on the hell I’ve lived through.

My takeaway: I will probably try to with a physicians guidance try to go back on it at some point, maybe mess with the dosage and or frequency. I really wanted to quit for a bit because everyone is different and I wanted to make sure there wasn’t some sort of weird caveat after quitting such as a crash.

ALSO: I think brand may play an important role. The first vial I got was a different brand than the second. This could be why I was feeling so good early on and then got worse with time. But not sure.

8 Likes

I appreciate you keeping us updated on your status. One thing about your post that I would disagree with, and I’m not a doctor so take this with a grain of salt, is that you’ve suffered brain damage.

It’s logical to feel this way with cognitive issues but I’m confident that our neurotransmitters and neurosteroids being fucked up is what causes the cognitive issues, not irreversible damage to the brain.

So in my non-professional opinion I think recovering from PFS, PAS, or PSSD will restore neurotransmitters and neurosteroids to normal levels and make you feel “normal” again.

3 Likes

Yeah, just the general feeling I would describe. Definitely not conclusive.

Just wanted to say that over a month off HCG I slowly but surely descended back into my normal PFS.

As of last Sunday, I went back on HCG. I am doing 2x a week 500 IU each dose (1000 IU weekly.)

Within 24 hours of my first dose I started feeling significantly better.

I have been feeling better since I have started up - zero doubts about that. Unfortunately, like many veterans here, I am essentially artificially propping myself up. I consulted my doctor about long term usage of HCG and she did not have anything valuable to say.

As of right now, my plan is to stick with HCG as long as I can. I spent years trying to naturally recover and in doing so spent years of my life in misery. I am uninterested in continuing that trajectory so if at some point HCG no longer provides benefit or causes other issues, I am going to be in a very difficult position.

4 Likes

It’s good to hear you’re feeling better after restarting HCG which, in my non-medical opinion, makes it seem pretty conclusive that HCG benefits us or at least a certain subset of us.

If it’s a safe medicine long term I would gladly take it on a continual basis if I had to. There are far worse things in this world than having to take a medication on a regular basis even if it’s a pain in the ass (which it sounds like HCG might be). I’m probably eventually going to try it but the measurement and mixing makes it seem intimidating

1 Like

Thanks. Definitely a bit intimidating at first, but like anything you get used to it, I suppose.

I don’t mind taking something indefinitely, just more so concerned about Leydig cell desensitization over say the next 5-10, ect years. Not sure how real of a concern that should be, but I like to consider sustainability in regards to treatments.

2 Likes

This is going to seem strange but just wondering
How do you feel when you take the injection? Can you feel it immediately, is there any dizziness or confusion initially followed by a headache, then after all that wears off do you start feeling like your pfs symptoms start to lift?

I wouldn’t say immediately. It’s pretty subtle for me. I have experienced a bit of light headedness but it’s pretty mild. The most immediate change I’ve noticed is in the penis. Within around 24 hours it goes from being very light in weight and shrunken/thinned out to more heavy and hangs more naturally. As well as looking much fuller like pre-pfs. This was most noticeable after starting HCG again.

When I started HCG a few months ago for the first time the change seemed much more gradual. Coming back on it after a month I was feeling an improvement within the same day.

1 Like

Trav I haven’t been in this site for years . It’s nice to hear about your experience with HCG injections . Please continue to keep us up to date . If you continue to have positive news, I’m thinking of giving it a try myself . God Bless .

2 Likes

Something is happening…

1 Like

Hey man, what have you noticed?

I hope that “something” is positive :slightly_smiling_face:

Well that’s a cliffhanger…

1 Like

I am about to start my HCG therayp. How do I manage to get 250 IU out of my 1.500 IU bottle. It is a small bottle with (hardend) powder, which needs to be dissolved in a solution.

The solution is meant for the whole 1.500 IU powder.

Sorry for the cliffhanger, boys. Really wasn’t my intention, I just am so hesitant to post anything positive given the history of my wellbeing (ups and downs.) I made that post yesterday because…for the first time in over 4 years, I actually felt about 100% cured. As good I remember feeling before I ever made the mistake of taking propecia. A little more color, I spoke with my doctor regarding HCG and we discussed a gameplan to ween off properly. My last injection was Sunday. I plan on not taking any more injections indefinitely, and seeing how I progress.

Now for the bad news. I fell asleep pretty early last night. As has been the case for over 4 years now, I woke up a few hours later feeling just as dreadful as I normally do when waking up. No wood, ringing in the ears, and just a generally awful feeling that I have been accustomed to, with or without HCG. The classic downswing that I’m sure most everyone is painfully familiar with.

I ended up going back to sleep around 6, waking up around 10 for work. I woke up still feeling shitty, but at the time of writing the post - I feel pretty good. Maybe not quite as good as I felt yesterday, but definitely pretty close.

Not really sure what to make of all this to be honest, I expect a few more ups and downs as I have been injecting a hormone for 6+ months now, so my body is going to have to do some re-adjusting over the course of the next few weeks/months of not being on it.

I’ll keep everyone updated - sorry again for the cliff hanger, I just want to be able to put this all behind me and share some positive news for a change.

5 Likes

Just a brief update.

I am not doing great. I’ve been hitting the gym, getting lots of sunlight as well as eating healthy. It’s been over 2 weeks since my last injection. During that period as i mentioned before, I had a day where I felt about completely cured. I also had another really positive day in that time frame.

Unfortunately, it seems like I am gradually slipping back into my normal PFS state. I haven’t had wood in 4 days or any interest in masturbating/sex in that time either.

Looking very likely I’ll hop back on HCG indefinitely.

Did you get any bloodwork done while on HCG?

Your hormones are probably plummeting right now since you quit injecting HCG.

1 Like

Any update? My HCG arrives tomorrow

Hey amigo, some news?

Good luck.

I’ve been doing alright. Seeing the new Khera study gave me some encouragement. Not because there is any obvious treatment, but more so I feel validated in my decision to go on a hormone. Obviously the life rafts are not going to be coming any time soon.

I’m still on HCG. tried experimenting with 500Iu 3x a week. Didn’t notice much of a difference. I have, however noticed a trend/pattern with my usage. It seems like if I go a bit longer between shots, there is a clear pattern of some really good days about 3-4 days after my last shot.

1 Like

any update?

2 Likes