Took fin for 4 days, stopped 1 day ago, ball ache! panic!

28 y/o male here.

I ate propecia 1mg for 4 days. I stopped right away because I couldn’t take the anxiety regarding the prospects of permanent side-effects.

NOW that i quit though (1 day ago), this whole day i have felt pain in my lower stomach area and down to the testicles.

I know I only took 4 pills in total. Do you think this will go away or do i have to live the rest of my life with this ache?

PLEASE I’m desperate for answers.

It will go away.
For me it took 9 months for it to go away.
It still comes back sometime, but now it’s mild.
But all other side effects remains.

You sure? Thanks for the answer man, mean alot.

2 Likes

Pretty sure…

I’m so fucking scared right now, 2 days since stopped and still got the aches in testicles.

Am i fucked for life? Seriously i feel so shit right now.

I experienced ball ache during my first stint with finasteride but dismissed it. It remained for a couple days if my memory serves me correctly but went away. I only experienced this and watery sperm, but they both went away. I only got PFS after I went on Fin again a month later, and although we’re not all the same, I’d say the odds are heavily in your favor. Give it some time and you should be fine.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer, it really means a lot. I’ll just have to wait and see what happens and if the ache subsides.

I will update this thread.

4 days since I quit and today I felt these sharp pulsating painful waves on my right side of penis.

Also the feeling like my pants and boxers was sitting way too tight against my abdomen.

I am currently drinking a lot because I find no other way to cope with this.

How long will I feel this way? Have I screwed my life over big time?

Any other side effect? Only pain? Each body is different so…nobody knows, but usually after the first days it tends to improve.

DO NOT FUCKING DRINK especially when your hormones are fluctuating also dont masturbate. Im pretty sure both were inbolved in my crash

I have also had slightly decreased libido and weaker erections.

From what I have read, a single pill of 1mg propecia can inhibit the testosterone for 1-2 weeks? Since i took 4 pills, should that mean it could take 2-4 weeks or so before the symtoms subside?

Yes I’ll cut down on that.

Thanks for your answer guys means the world.

Hello…it could be because of testosterone…or can be for other reasons.
The best you can do right now is to calm down and keep calm. Try to sleep and think on other stuff…keep you body warm and relaxed…anxiety won’t help you to recover.
Luckily after some days/weeks you will be fine again.

1 pill (or 4) could be much more dangerous tahn 2 years every day. Nobody knows exactly how PFS starts.

Keep us updated.

Regards.

Stop drinking, do not masturbate for now, and live a healthy life style. Give it at least 30-45 days before you start becoming concerned. I would also get a blood test during this time to see what is going on. IF you decide to do this I would get these few values:

Total Testosterone
Free Testosterone
LH
FSH
Estradiol

Best of luck and keep us updated!

1 Like

Ok so today it has been 1 week since i stopped.

Pain is a bit better, still there but the testicles themselves arent as sore, i rather feel a strange soaring pain the “road down” to the testicles.

The feeling is similar to that when you give yourself blue balls.

Also libido seems a bit better too.

I will keep updating this.

1 Like

This ball ache is almost the only side effect ive got. Do you think it Will get better in time?

I had it, recently it’s been either nonexistant or dull.

Much better than it was.

Nice to hear, makes me more hopeful I’ll recover

Sounds like we quit at the same exact time, except I was on fin for 9 days instead of 4. My libido is about 75% but getting better, no sides in terms of pain however I am experiencing softer erections. Orgasms are fine (I had to test the plumbing out despite what people think about the effects of masturbation has on recovery). Other sides while on fin have definitely subsided (brain fog, bags underneath eyes, sleep interruptions).

Sounds like you and I are in a similar boat. Keep posting updates here and I’ll do the same.

Good to hear that you are pain-free. Sure, go ahead.

Day 8 and I still have pain in whole testicular area. Today i have this sharp-pulsating pain on my right side down to my right testicle.

This is getting really frustrating. I’m begging for it to subside but it’s still the same as the first days.

I was as the doctor yesteday and he prescribed me Naproxen (some kind of anti-inflammatory) that I’m supposed to take 2 times a day for two weeks.

I feel so bad, I really hope I’ll recover.